Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 AM

17 posts, read 89,226 times

Advertisements

anybody in here work for or know someone who works for a public accounting firm in Tampa? I know Grant Thornton and Aidman Piser & Co., I've been looking into those. Just looking for some inside information, suggestions, comments etc.

Im a 23 y/o male, soon to be CPA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Default Big 4

Each of the Big 4 has offices in Tampa if you're interested.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 AM

83 posts, read 287,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD View Post
anybody in here work for or know someone who works for a public accounting firm in Tampa? I know Grant Thornton and Aidman Piser & Co., I've been looking into those. Just looking for some inside information, suggestions, comments etc.

Im a 23 y/o male, soon to be CPA
The place to look for accountants is in Downtown Tampa, there you'll find the largest firms. When i was there, we were having several neighbors in the office buildings were our offices were located.

I could forward your resume or info to a couple of large firms that i still have contact with there, they may need someone. They always were hiring and having problems to find staff so if I were you, I'll give it a try.

By the way, I'm from Long Island as well,

Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 AM

Default PwC

I worked for PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PW side) in technology admin for 16 1/2 years. They have excellent training programs and benefits. I really enjoyed it, even though it's long hours and can be very stressful.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 PM

yea Karen I know how it is, and that why Im trying to stay away from the Big 4. Im at a medium size firm now, so I would be looking for something similar in Tampa, maybe even something in internal accounting or something similar. Like a regualr 9-5 job with no late/stressful busy season haha.

I've been checking out monster.com and careerbuilder, but I was looking for real info from real people, not just some website that makes every job seem incredible

Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM

279 posts, read 1,347,804 times
BobbyD - I work in Big 4 in NYC and will be transferring within the same BIG 4 to Tampa this summer. But before I asked for the transfer, I was speaking to a recruiter down in Tampa who told me that PWC is HQ'd out of Tampa and they are looking for people to add to their company. It would still be Big 4 but you wouldn't be on the public side but rather on the corporate side, working within PwC. So no issues with utilization or revenue goals and busy season. Let me know if that sounds like something you would be interested in and I will send you the name of recruiter.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Snipped...
I was looking for real info from real people, not just some website that makes every job seem incredible
I had no intention of insulting your intelligence and if I did, I apologize. Maybe I sounded too much like a commercial, but my experience with and my response about PwC were sincere.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 AM

oh no no, that wasnt really aimed toward you Karen, I honestly appreciate the input. I was just saying that as a general comment for someone new would will read what I wrote (and I was talking about monster.com and careerbuilder, not referring to anyone on here!)

Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 AM

William Hamilton - thanks, that sounds great, I will keep that mind!

tooshort- are you entering the corporate side or are you staying public? that sounds pretty good, but I would definitely need to look deeper. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you send me some info in a P/M? thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 01:35 PM

279 posts, read 1,347,804 times
Quote:
William Hamilton - thanks, that sounds great, I will keep that mind!

tooshort- are you entering the corporate side or are you staying public? that sounds pretty good, but I would definitely need to look deeper. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you send me some info in a P/M? thanks
I am staying on the public side. It's a better situation for me. The group I work for doesn't have a "busy season" so that doesnt' bother me. I will send you the name of the person who I was speaking to about the PwC's job. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay