Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 AM

14 posts, read 60,325 times

Advertisements

Why the strip club hate? Adult clubs have nothing to do with the deviants in our society. Most people that frequent those clubs are ADULTS who are going to see ADULT entertainment. Nothing to do with sex crimes regarding pedophiles.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hamilton View Post
.12 what?

I don't really understand what you mean. I have not created the numbers, ask the FBI, they may be able to answer what's .12 of a rape is about.

and the fact that I'm not from Miami but talk good about the city of Miami, should be something positive. That such opinions are coming from an impartial point of view with not BIAS towards the city but still love it. That should make it even more credible. I wish everyone from FL would talk that well about NY city.

And how many people are originally from Tampa in Tampa? Many are transplants from Ohio and other states. There are couple of NYorkers living in Tampa on this forum. The truth to the matter is that many of the people here have an interest in making Tampa sound like heaven on earth... and I have to argue that.

Hey, actually I do own a property in Tampa, that would make me officially a local entitled to make opinions on that city.
No one needs to own property anywhere to be able to have opinions on that area but when someone tries to impune an entire area based upon their beliefs rather than facts they should be prepared for others to argue the point.

You say that people here have an interest in making Tampa sound like heaven on earth and you have to argue that.
I have seen many posters both for and against many areas and while some may go overboard extolling the virtues of a certain area there are others that equally demonize an area. So we have 2 extremes and I feel you are on the one extreme but personally do not feel as if I am on the other.
I was merely posting facts. I was not giving my personal judgement.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 AM

83 posts, read 287,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I've already stated where my data was. As for your data, it proves nothing except for Tampa has its problems just as Miami has its problems and everywhere else in the country has. I don't understand your intentions, other than a childlike tendency to say, na na your city is worse than mine. I don't get it.
Also get your facts straight about tv moguls and Fox News. There is not just a few scattered cases that the news is trying to create conflict against Catholicism. There are hundreds and thousands of children and adults that have come out against the Catholic priests who molested them.
And as a Jew myself, after those last comments I have nothing else to discuss with someone like you.
this is a public forum where the main topic is about "city data/information" remember?

My facts are quite straight because can be backed up with real information vs your hateful theories against the Catholic church and its Priests can't be backed up because what you say is not real.

and only a "sick minded" individual, would say that most Priest are Pedophiles. That's disgusting.

so since there is not data to back up such outrageously ill accusations, obviously because that data doesn't exist, don't bother again with opinionated and judgmental assumptions based on religion differences.

Last edited by William Hamilton; 01-12-2008 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: You can't tell posters not to post

Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
We all know that exposure to this kind of sex stuff could influence the weak-minded and the many existing potential sex-offenders that may feel wrongly encouraged towards rape, murder and pedophilia.
Can you please back this up with facts and real information.

I am not looking for your personal judgement or feelings. I am looking for a link to a study that proved this statement.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Can you please back this up with facts and real information.

I am not looking for your personal judgement or feelings. I am looking for a link to a study that proved this statement.
I just did it. Check the stats from the FBI that I posted. Forcible Rapes in Tampa are almost double digits than in other metropolis of FL.

The truth of the matter is that not all opinions can be backed with a study, I wish it were that easy. If that were the case, then all studies would need prior studies to back them up as well.

Mike, you can't back up ideas with studies but yes with facts and my facts were posted earlier. The previous numbers from the FBI are facts and real information,
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 07:05 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I just did it. Check the stats from the FBI that I posted. Forcible Rapes in Tampa are almost double digits than in other metropolis of FL.

The truth of the matter is that not all opinions can be backed with a study, I wish it were that easy. If that were the case, then all studies would need prior studies to back them up as well.

Mike, you can't back up ideas with studies but yes with facts and my facts were posted earlier. The numbers that showed earlier from the FBI are facts and real information,

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
The how do you explain the fact that Miami Dade County is more than double the rapes in Hillsborough County.

You can't choose which facts you wish to use and which to omit if you want to present a plausible theory.

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 07:05 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The how do you explain the fact that Miami Dade County is more than double the rapes in Hillsborough County.

You can't choose which facts you wish to use and which to omit if you want to present a plausible theory.
well, the same rule apply to anyone that wants to compare two very different counties just to put a point across.

Why to choose two very different populated counties, as Hillsborough County and Miami Dade? If you were to compare city crime stats, wouldn't you choose two cities that have similar population?

Miami Dade Population 2,402,208
Hillsborough Population 1,204,770.

vs

Tampa, FL Population of 331,487
Miami, FL Population 392,934

Miami Dade "doubles" Hillsborough county in population size and is the most populous county in Florida and the eighth-most populous county in the United States. The county is home to "35 incorporated cities" and many unincorporated areas

On the other hand, the Hillsborough County Planning Commission conducted a population estimate that put the county's population at 1,204,770. And incorporates "3 cities", City of Plant City, City of Tampa and City of Temple Terrace and some additional unincorporated areas.

Based on these facts, It's more accurate to make any crime stats comparisons between the two cities, Tampa and Miami, with a slightly different population, than comparing two counties that have nothing in common, meaning infrastructure, scope and population size.

Last edited by William Hamilton; 01-12-2008 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 PM

14 posts, read 60,325 times
ped·o·phile n. An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.

Could you explain to me the correlation between someone who fits a pedophile profile and the average joe who is going to watch CONSENTING ADULTS PERFORM at 18 or 21 and up clubs?

Last time I checked, most sexual predators especially involving children as the victims, aren't allowed to be within x amount of feet of children (schools, daycare, parks, churches, ect)

Perhaps we should try to outlaw rodeos and circuses too. You know, since they abuse animals for our viewing pleasure as well. Most murderers admit that as kids they killed or abused animals. Banning such would certainly curb them from becoming adult murderers, right?

Old 01-12-2008, 02:01 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Due to the controversial issue with this topic and closing the thread. If someone want to continue discussing this issue, please post in the pertaining forum.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay