Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Oh I could go on all day about this...I think I've shared my views on HOAs enough on this forum. Different strokes for different folks is what it boils down to, but they couldn't pay ME to live in a community with the regulations and rules they put forth.

The homes looking all the same just gives off a creepy vibe to me...and just isn't my personality. Plus the lots are always small and you are right next to your neighbors windows. Owning a home should be a creative and unique experience throughout the life of it. I don't want to visit a neighbors home and know his whole floorplan is like mine...or worse, the whole house is *exactly* like mine!

I'd buy a lot on a standard street near downtown Tampa (South Tampa, Seminole Heights, Tampa Heights, West Tampa, etc) and build a home to my own liking before every considering a master planned community with an HOA. Leave that to the Stepfords!

It's almost insanity to me.
It IS insanity to have people who do NOT pay your mortgage tell u what to do with your own home!!!!
I wish people would stand up against these practices! Too much complacency is why these HOAs are still around!

Makes you wonder: if cave man didn't want to evolve, and just played with rocks all day, we wouldn't be on this forum at all! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 10:45 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
St. Rd 56 can be widened if needed and right now there is not much traffic in that area ....
Let me share some news with you, SR 56 will NOT be widened for at least another 30 years if not longer And SR 56 extension is still in process of negotiations with home developers - they are trying to figure out how many lanes to build and agree to make it wide than originally was planned only if developers would pay for it. It means, Union Park future homeowners will pay for wider SR 56 extension.

Traffic is not bad because other new communities which are coming to SR 56 corridor were not build yet. Wait for Ridge Woods (or whatever name is by GL homes), few more communities by Standard Pacific (one next to County Walk and another one north of SR 56 extension intersection), growing Meadow Pointe, Union Park... with mall, college and couple school on the way - yeah, sound like NO TRAFFIC at all to me... LOL Sure enough you DO work from home

By the way, why SR 54 leading to your home was not widened yet? Try to sell me there were no needs

Old 03-23-2015, 05:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Let me share some news with you, SR 56 will NOT be widened for at least another 30 years if not longer And SR 56 extension is still in process of negotiations with home developers - they are trying to figure out how many lanes to build and agree to make it wide than originally was planned only if developers would pay for it. It means, Union Park future homeowners will pay for wider SR 56 extension.

Traffic is not bad because other new communities which are coming to SR 56 corridor were not build yet. Wait for Ridge Woods (or whatever name is by GL homes), few more communities by Standard Pacific (one next to County Walk and another one north of SR 56 extension intersection), growing Meadow Pointe, Union Park... with mall, college and couple school on the way - yeah, sound like NO TRAFFIC at all to me... LOL Sure enough you DO work from home

By the way, why SR 54 leading to your home was not widened yet? Try to sell me there were no needs
I guess you have a crystal ball and can see 30 years into the future. Hope that paid off financially

Please explain why Uninion Park future home owners have to pay for widening? Isn't all tax payers paying for roads unless the roads are private roads or if assessments are applied but Union Park is not directly situated on St. Rd 56 so assessments seems very unlikely. It is not a private road going through Meadow Pointe so it is not the home owners who have to pay. It will be all Pasco County home owners taxes or government taxes.

St. Rd 54 didn't take 30 years to be widened and none of the ST. Rd 54 home owners had to pay out of pocket. Some got additional money and maybe a little eminent domain if that even happened. But in the end most people will be happy with the result.

Maybe I missed the post where you tried to explain the other post you wrote but otherwise please explain that post as I requested since I tried to understand what you were trying to say about the cables and everything else you claim as being a true statement without facts on what will or can happen in the future and to me it sounds like fear mongering.

Your previous post is full of assumptions and this one has a couple of assumptions and assumptions may scare people but don't make things facts.

Thinking about items that can happen in the future is always good to prevent people from making a wrong decision without taking in consideration things that may happen but don't you think that if the cable gets overloaded in 5 years the cable company will have come up with another solution and not having an entire community sit without able to get internet.

Maybe in the next few years more people don't have a job since McDonald's is already ordering 7000 units so the public doesn't need an employee to order and if that works out they will order more of these units. Panera has stated the same so all these employees who'll most likely have to get another job if they are there or be home and less traffic maybe a result of all the demand for higher wages.

Btw that is not fear mongering as this is a fact due to McDonald's announced having ordered the 7000 units to have the public ordering themselves instead of needing employees to do so and Walmart is also using self check out registers and they are always used when I go to Walmart and use them. That makes only one or 2 employees needed for approx. 8 registers saving 6 jobs/salaries for Walmart and since wages are going up there might be more automatic check outs.

In Europe clients have to pay to deposit money into their account inside the bank while depositing by using the ATM is for free, that cost a lot of jobs. Businesses are scaling down on cost, saving money and costing jobs and it triples down all the way to even less people using their car.

There are so many what if's. Right now Union Park regardless if you like it or not for whatever reason doesn't have a very bad location since it will be close to a bigger road that is directly leading to the interstate going North and South. Many community home owners else where will take it way longer getting to a major interstate.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess you have a crystal ball and can see 30 years into the future. Hope that paid off financially
It called Long Range transportation plan How else you expect County/ FDOT will manage the budget?
I highly recommend go here and get familiar - it actually might help you in your business - Pasco County, FL - Official Website - Metropolitan Planning Organization

Here is about SR 56 extension - read it yourself S.R. 56 extension contract awarded | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...54_expans.html
Try to think outside of the box, look at everything from another prospective.

SR 54 widening to Curley was planned years in advance. As you probably notice SR 54 is two lane road between Curley and Morris Bridge Rd. It will be widened according to plans and budget.

You know, I am surprised you didn't bring Obamacare to your previous post LOL

Old 03-23-2015, 08:05 AM

The link you mentioned for St 56 to extend to Zephyrhills is an update as it has been the talk for years now and we will see when that will happen just as many other roads have been delayed.

Not sure what St 54 to Curley Rd has to do with the subject other then assumptions in your previous post.

The issue was you are stating Union Park which I have not any affiliation with just as a side not so I don't have to defend them but just you were stating that the location was not so good. That to me is personal and many home owners who don't have to drive far or only have to be local and even if the have to drive further out won't agree to that statement.

We have seen many articles in the newspapers about roads that were either not started years later or in the end were started and completed later than expected. When we bought our house in Meadow Pointe we were informed of St. Rd 56 to be build in 2006 and it was not build until years later.

We had issues getting to the Bruce B. Downs at that time and how long it took to get out of Meadow Pointe but after St. Rd 56 opened up it was not an issue any more for that entire sub community since they just drive towards St. Rd 56 and get easy access to Bruce B. Downs or they can take the road going to Wiregrass HS which can also be seen as a short cut.

It will be nice if the road will open to Zephyrhills but just as it was mentioned now for years that St. Rd 54 (the new road) will be a short cut to Eiland Blvd. and perhaps Overpass that will get an exit/entry to I-75 may all relief some traffic issues.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 AM

I am sorry, but I am not following you. Your thoughts are all over the place. You claimed there is not traffic on SR 56 earlier. Either way it till take people at least 20 if not 30 minutes to get to I-75 exit from Union Park during am/pm peak hours. Existing SR 56 will not be widened for a long long time. That was my point.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:58 PM

The biggest issue will be once the outlet will be opened to get onto the interstate and off since the exits and entries will be backing up due to the traffic lights.

The County may be considering an overpass or something different and perhaps it is called differently but a different traffic pattern to avoid traffic lights and stop signs that cause traffic to back up.

Some home owners/tenants love to live in the busy areas while others don't mind living 20-30 min. From the interstate.

There will be people who hate HOA's and people who don't mind them and it is great that there is different options for different types of people

Old 03-23-2015, 07:33 PM

My guess County didn't get a memo about different overpass option at SR 56 and I-75 LOL Sure there was one study about elevated road, but last time I heard this option was killed off.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel - check out County/State plans (long range plans) and see what is coming. It will only benefit you.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:43 PM

bentlebee, I have a question for you. Back in 2009 you were comparing County Walk with Seven Oaks (even though nobody else was talking about Seven Oaks until you brought it up). County walk was obviously losing due to number of factors - high CDD and HOA, location.... Now 6 years later you are all for the Union Park which has even higher CDD and HOA and worse location.

In case you need to refresh your memory here is the thread about County Walk.
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...od-choice.html

Question, which one do you think better now - County Walk or Union Park (and compare it to Seven Oaks)?

Old 03-24-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
bentlebee, I have a question for you. Back in 2009 you were comparing County Walk with Seven Oaks (even though nobody else was talking about Seven Oaks until you brought it up). County walk was obviously losing due to number of factors - high CDD and HOA, location.... Now 6 years later you are all for the Union Park which has even higher CDD and HOA and worse location.

In case you need to refresh your memory here is the thread about County Walk.
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...od-choice.html

Question, which one do you think better now - County Walk or Union Park (and compare it to Seven Oaks)?
I "appreciate" you as an member since 2012 going to read all the way back my post to 2009. Your assumptions who I am and where I live almost feels like your very busy with what I'm doing so I wonder what it is that you are looking for... and at the same time feels some times like there is another reason for that intense interest that you seem to have with me...

Disclosing personal info that you posted and assumed already has been removed by the moderators but of course I will answer your question.

Country Walk has high CDD, HOA and if I remember well they have 2 HOA's compared to a community that is more desirable like Seven Oaks.

Country Walk has Chinese drywall properties in the community and back in 2009 many homes were in foreclosure and the community fell like many others on hard times due to the fee structure.

Chinese drywall is something I would stay far away from as a new buyer may not know if every single piece was removed and who wants willingly to be exposed to that hazard.

Many sellers will not disclose it after they take the drywall out and new buyers are at risk, but that is my opinion after talking to people in the field.

Of course people affiliated to a company in that field or a seller selling a home like that will disagree with me but if I was the buyer I would not want to buy a home like that and will disclose that to anyone since I want to sleep well at night.

I never been in Union Park but have been driving by and as I stated I have not much knowledge about the community and neither the builder but to assume that 5 years from now the high speed internet from Bright House may not be sufficient is something that to me is over the top as you assumed in your post.

For both communities the same counts that since St. Rd 56 has been extended it will not be much of an issue getting around and both actually have 2 ways out in case the road is blocked which is nice.

Map quest only gives an approx.. 12-14 min from a street in Union Park to I-75/St Rd 56 which is pretty fast except for rush hour like every where else during rush hour or during times of an accident, and both are approx. 5-10 min or less from the mall and other shopping and restaurants.

Pasco County did a great job with the roads when you consider the Bruce B. Downs widening, St. Rd 56 extension and St. Rd 54 widening and all the other roads that the County has been working on.

Unfortunately there have been traffic lights added which at the same time were necessary but often something that can be annoying since they are not set that if you keep the speed limit you will have more green lights in a row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay