Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 05:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes cops should be held to a higher standard. However until such a time as blacks start recognizing the fact that the problem is not the cops rather the problem is the crimes that are committed by them against themselves nothing will be solved. Also the voice of black people is a voice that is there for one reason only and that reason is to enrich themselves off of a minor problem and to remain silent on the real issue at hand! Yes DUNNDFRNT I will say it again black lives only matter when a white cop kills a black male. 99% of those shootings are totally justified. However thousands upon thousands of black lives are extinguished by other black males and it is met with silence!!!! No one cares!!!! Until such a time as the black community can look at themselves and see the truth its hard for me to take them seriously!!!!!!!!!!!
The father of a black promising College student said exactly the same. Re. Al Sharpton, the tax cheat himself, was nowhere to speak up against this sad violence by an illegal Hispanic person.

The father stated if the illegal was white the black community may have spoken up but since the murderer was not white it didn't seem anyone else other than Fox News seem to care.

This father speaking out is black!

I also agree cops should be held against a higher standard but keep in mind whatever ethnicity they are they are humans and should be handling stress well but they are humans and often fear for their life when they come across the public in situations that often are unexpected and get out of hand easily and how many people nowadays are on illegal or legal drugs like overuse or abuse of prescription drugs.

We deal often with crazy tenants and sometimes laugh but often are shocked how people change in a split second if they don't get it their way.

That is not 1% of what cops have to deal with.

Going to serve a subpoena has cost cops life! How many families life with fear due to what revenge they expect due to previous cases?

How many cops deal with things they experience and have a difficult time handling just as a fire fighter told me they see images over and over just as military personnel often deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I know when I posted my view I would be skewered...the United States is a very violent society...for many,many reasons and I understand one of the reasons is the sub-culture worship of guns...but it's the old chicken and the egg...is the worship due to the violent nature of one group or the easy access to guns ??? A gun is the great equalizer to many stupid, cowardly or dumb people...
Equalizer against what? 2 thugs with bigger guns?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:33 AM

19 posts, read 40,685 times
All I know is our Police men and women are facing a war out there. I listen to police calls as a hobby and I cannot believe what is going on in our communities. It doesn't matter if you have a gun or a rock, our society is degrading into the stone age.

There is so much crime and violence out there that the public doesn't even know about; it is scary. Our first line of defense; our Police force is trying to hold the line and they are losing. We have to take a organic approach to improving our morals and standards in society by respecting one another before we can even think about reducing gun violence. Just the other night I heard a call about a 12 year old girl that was beating on her parents because they took her cell phone away as punishment. The police were called because the daughter was threatening suicide - OVER A FREAKIN CELL PHONE!!!

Have we lost our minds????

The only way it's going to stop is if we come together as a society and start taking care and looking after each other with respect.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:52 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

This was hilarious! The best part is around 11:10.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:11 AM

We hardly hear about Chicago and other areas where lots of people kill people of the same race.

Aside of that when Tampa police is showing the stats as shown on Bay News 9 about this year and what is going on then you can see it is not the guns but the people behind it since it seems the bad people seem to reach for a gun faster and I bet you the guns they used are most likely not the ones they bought themselves.

The parents should keep their kids home and help them by guiding them to read books, watch a movie, play games but not to hang out at bday parties with teenagers who seem to carry guns. By now they should know their kids hanging out over there with the crowd will be sooner than later be ending more life's.

If these parents/family members and/or friends don't act differently then nothing will change.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again when you cant argue an issue you can always pull out a race card to shut people up. Oh yeah your white so therefore you are the expert on racism.
Ok, let me give it a whirl,
83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders;
So you see whites kill whites and blacks kill blacks at pretty close to the same rate, should we focus on white on white crime, if a black cop killed a white person people should be outraged, no one would say lets talk about white and white crime, because its a red herring while black on black crime may be a far bigger problem in terms of lives lost it doesn't justify police misconduct, doesn't matter the rate of occurrence if it was your kid you would care. The race card as you call it, is because people want to dismiss facts, like blacks are 21x more likely to be killed by a police than the white counterparts, when I say counterparts I mean whites arrested for the same cause, blacks and whites sell drugs consume drugs at the exact same rate but blacks are 70% of drug related arrests, blacks get longer sentences,black kids are more likely to get kicked out of school for the same offenses than their white counterparts. I can keep going but its besides the point, I agree that change needs to come from within the black community to be significant but if you don't think the deck is stacked against them you have blinders on.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:24 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Ok, let me give it a whirl,
83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders;
So you see whites kill whites and blacks kill blacks at pretty close to the same rate, should we focus on white on white crime, if a black cop killed a white person people should be outraged, no one would say lets talk about white and white crime, because its a red herring while black on black crime may be a far bigger problem in terms of lives lost it doesn't justify police misconduct, doesn't matter the rate of occurrence if it was your kid you would care. The race card as you call it, is because people want to dismiss facts, like blacks are 21x more likely to be killed by a police than the white counterparts, when I say counterparts I mean whites arrested for the same cause, blacks and whites sell drugs consume drugs at the exact same rate but blacks are 70% of drug related arrests, blacks get longer sentences,black kids are more likely to get kicked out of school for the same offenses than their white counterparts. I can keep going but its besides the point, I agree that change needs to come from within the black community to be significant but if you don't think the deck is stacked against them you have blinders on.
Again I said the police should be held to a higher standard. There is no excuse for police misconduct. However if you look at police involved shootings the overwhelming vast majority of those shootings are totally justified. I was watching Bay News 9 the other day. You had mothers begging the community to speak up. Why? Cause members of their families were killed. Now if they were killed by a cop you would have the whole world descending on Tampa. But since they were killed by someone who probably was of the same race no one will even talk to the cops. Now to get back to the topic at hand. The thread is Violence out of control in certain areas. What are those areas? Who are the criminals in those areas? Who are the victims in those areas? Again any legitimate discussion of these issues is then labeled. Saying black lives matter when killed by a white cop is labeled racist even though its true. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims.May 23, 2012

Last edited by retiredcop111; 03-26-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-26-2015, 03:24 PM

I know that in the area where the shootings happened the County bought up some homes and demolished them and build brand new homes trying to get the stigma of that area and making the neighborhood better.

If the people living there are not helping cleaning up the neighborhood by enabling criminals then it will be a circle that never will be broken and it will stay the same way and sooner then later no help from the County will be provided since it is after tax payers money that went into building new homes.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 AM

81 posts, read 88,046 times
Guns arent the problem, single parent homes with no dad, or unknown dad, kids raised by grandparents, mom out partying all night, having kids by multiple fathers... no job, you see where I am going with this

Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
Guns arent the problem, single parent homes with no dad, or unknown dad, kids raised by grandparents, mom out partying all night, having kids by multiple fathers... no job, you see where I am going with this
Until communities where this violence is coming from can have legitimate discussions on how to combat crime there will never be a resolution to the problem. For years we hear the same old arguments that we need jobs. We need access to better education. All due respect we have heard these arguments over and over. There has to be another way. Until such a time as communities say that this behavior is unacceptable there will be no change. Until such a time as the police are not perceived as the enemy then expect that nothing will change. When people have information but refuse to talk to police then of course criminals receive a free pass. Why in lower crime areas when a crime happens its not tolerated? Why is that? In certain high crime areas crime is not only tolerated its celebrated!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay