Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:04 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times

Advertisements

From the day in 1976 that then-Mayor Bill Poe sold the first wooden plank, the challenge of building Tampa's Riverwalk has been marked by big ambition and a high degree of difficulty........

With Riverwalk open, Tampa welcomes a day decades in the making | Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 06:13 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
I was so happy to see Riverwalk finally come to fruition and am anxious to enjoy it - but not in the rain. I think this is just the beginning of Tampa's renaissance. I'm anxious to see what Jeff Vinik and others can accomplish downtown and hope the politicians have enough sense not to hinder projects that will enhance the area.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:12 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,115 times
Are there bathrooms and how expensive is parking? And I'm not talking about the "RESTROOMS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY" crap. If there's no free restrooms and free parking, then it's basically useless. It's a funny thing how you can be smack in the middle of downtown Tampa on the wekkend, almost everything's closed and there's literally no where to pee. But you still have to pay for parking. LOL.

Really don't like the suping up of downtown because it's only gonna be that much more congested. I don't understand why the mayor and the media are oblivious and don't even mention that. It seems like most of the stuff going up is really only geared toward the upper middle class and above.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:57 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Tampa is poised for growth.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:00 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Tampa is poised for growth.
Yup, it's come very late though. Still, I'm excited to see my hometown change for the better.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:34 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
It's a funny thing how you can be smack in the middle of downtown Tampa on the wekkend, almost everything's closed and there's literally no where to pee. But you still have to pay for parking.
If you're paying for parking on the weekend, you're doing something wrong. And if you can't find something to do in Downtown Tampa on a weekend, you are really doing something wrong.

I do wish I could've filmed this. Unfortunately, I don't think my cameras were going to survive the rain.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:54 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Parking is free in Downtown Tampa on weekends. And even weekdays after 6pm it is. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Downtown Tampa is really coming along nicely! I think we'll see a jump in growth there as a result of all the awesome planning and growth. I just hope they get 275 fixed in time ... traffic is a nightmare there!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
Are there bathrooms and how expensive is parking? And I'm not talking about the "RESTROOMS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY" crap. If there's no free restrooms and free parking, then it's basically useless. It's a funny thing how you can be smack in the middle of downtown Tampa on the wekkend, almost everything's closed and there's literally no where to pee. But you still have to pay for parking. LOL.

Really don't like the suping up of downtown because it's only gonna be that much more congested. I don't understand why the mayor and the media are oblivious and don't even mention that. It seems like most of the stuff going up is really only geared toward the upper middle class and above.
There are bathrooms at Curtix Hixon Park adjacent to park of the Riverwalk. Free parking at any city is asking a lot - there is free parking at metered parking on weekends and after hours nearby ---not a long walk from the river. I use them all the time when attending event at the Straz.

Anyone know if this is an area appropriate for light running - I'd like to find less boring running routes to hit once in awhile.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
I have been hearing "Tampa is poised for growth" for decades. Tampa is still very very far behind other similar size cities in terms of livability and quality of life and things to do. The Riverwalk is what? a new walking path where there is absolutely nothing is happening? No thanks, I would rather get in a car and walk in downtown St. Pete, where there is actually stuff to do and see.

And I say this as a decades-long Tampa resident.

St. Pete got it right. I am not exactly sure what Tampa is allegedly planning and doing, and I am sick and tired of waiting to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay