Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:43 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,125,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah, as mentioned, the Wireless part of Verizon is not affected by the sale of Frontier. Also, Winn Dixie can't compete with Publix. And I doubt any other chain could. Trader Joe's is doing pretty good with their entry to Florida, and Whole Foods has always done well here, but neither of them will ever have the reach that Publix does.
I read somewhere that Koger is buying Win-Dixie now they can put preasure on Publix Kroger is the second largest grocery chain in the country behind Walmart.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,802 times
Grocery stores are just now starting to enter the Florida market as Publix has always been a very dominant force and I think we are starting to see more diversity. Also that's is how the "free market" works as some people so passionate about no government control but yet having nothing against monopolies. Also guys be proactive you want someone like Kroger to move here email them or contact and try to sell the area as good expansion to. That's what I did with a certain Asian grocery store chain who said that they will give it consideration even though initially they weren't thinking about coming here.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Publix still won't lose its dominance in Florida.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Publix still won't lose its dominance in Florida.
Never say never there are a lot of northern people living here and they loved Krogers. Also kroner is so big that they own there own processing plants. Like I said they are much larger than Publix and have money to spend. We're I came fom you had a Kroger every couple of miles. This story will explain how much bigger Kroger is than Publix Kroger is a giant in the supermarket world.

http://tbo.com/news/business/heres-t...rket-20150201/

Old 04-02-2015, 06:57 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Walmart is bigger than Publix too, offer better prices, but somehow Publix is doing well and keep growing. Don't get me wrong, more alternatives are always better, so let's bring other grocery chains to Florida and let people make their choice. So far Sweet Bay, Win Dixie and Albertson were not good enough.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I honestly don't know what people see in Publix. I guess if that is mainly what people are use to. Then its understandable. It is a good store, I just think its very lacking. It's deli area is very strange. It isn't set up like or carries foods like most grocery deli's do. There is one section that sells, what I imagine a Popeye's restaurant sells. Just fried type foods. Then again that type food seems to be a staple of diet in the southern USA. I actually have a very difficult time finding, foods a Diabetic can eat in this area of the country. I let Publix know this, and they have helped out some with certain products, however I never know if they will continue ordering them. I have had to buy ridiculous amounts of certain items, hoping the store will see there is a need for them. So that they will continue stocking them.

This post is suppose to be about Verizon and Brighthouse. Sorry, I guess I must have changed the topic abit a few posts back.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I honestly don't know what people see in Publix. I guess if that is mainly what people are use to. Then its understandable. It is a good store, I just think its very lacking. It's deli area is very strange. It isn't set up like or carries foods like most grocery deli's do. There is one section that sells, what I imagine a Popeye's restaurant sells. Just fried type foods. Then again that type food seems to be a staple of diet in the southern USA. I actually have a very difficult time finding, foods a Diabetic can eat in this area of the country. I let Publix know this, and they have helped out some with certain products, however I never know if they will continue ordering them. I have had to buy ridiculous amounts of certain items, hoping the store will see there is a need for them. So that they will continue stocking them.

This post is suppose to be about Verizon and Brighthouse. Sorry, I guess I must have changed the topic abit a few posts back.
The reason Kroger was brought up is because things are changing here in Florida northern companies are moving here.Charter is in Conn. speedway bought out Hess, Speedway is Marathon and is out of Ohio, now with Kroger another Ohio company. Also Kroger is 75% a union company. So we shall see what the future holds when Kroger gets here and the people that work for them. Like the article says Kroger has the money to spend and make a dent into Publix territory. Witch is good for all of us because it will bring grocery store wars to get our $$$.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:45 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
There needs to be some serious competition with Publix in Florida. Then that would be fine with me.
Wal-Mart tried that. They ended up ending their BOGO program. But, if you don't care about the quality of your product (food or otherwise) and you like supporting businesses that mistreat their employees, then Wal-Mart is always an option.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The reason Kroger was brought up is because things are changing here in Florida northern companies are moving here.Charter is in Conn. speedway bought out Hess, Speedway is Marathon and is out of Ohio, now with Kroger another Ohio company. Also Kroger is 75% a union company. So we shall see what the future holds when Kroger gets here and the people that work for them. Like the article says Kroger has the money to spend and make a dent into Publix territory. Witch is good for all of us because it will bring grocery store wars to get our $$$.

I hope Kroger does enter the Florida market. The sooner the better

Old 04-02-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Wal-Mart tried that. They ended up ending their BOGO program. But, if you don't care about the quality of your product (food or otherwise) and you like supporting businesses that mistreat their employees, then Wal-Mart is always an option.

I rarely ever shop at Walmart. If I do, there is only 1 in the Lakeland area I go to. The one in Mulberry just south of Lakeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay