Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,415 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a 3/2 (or 1.5) home to rent somewhere in Pinellas county, north of Ulmerton Road area and for $1400/month or less. We need to be in the process of moving by the end of this month (April 2015)
The house is for myself, my sister, her college age son. Being two single women, we at least need a reasonably safe neighborhood. Other than that we are flexible.

I've been looking on all the rental sites, Craigslist, etc, but it seems there are at least a dozen potential tenants for every listing. One realtor who did at least call me back said the supply/demand issue is due to so many folks who had a foreclosure and cannot yet purchase another home, and she also said my best shot was to drive around & look for "For Rent" signs in yards, as I might find something that hasn't yet hit the Web - apparently it takes a couple days to get the photos taken, information uploaded, etc etc...but even with help from friends, I doubt it's possible to check all the neighborhoods in my target area in any reasonable amount of time.

My problem is also finances (thus the lower rent), but not credit issues, as it was family members medical issues, not anything to do with housing, that drained our savings so that we aren't yet ready to purchase another home, so the credit approval process isn't a concern. Just FYI /in the nutshell type thing, we had to "go back home" to care for elderly parents, they have now passed away and their home, where we are staying, essentially also went to the medical bills, and the bank is ready to come and take possession of that which now belongs to them.

I know what I'm asking (practically the impossible), as I've lived here my entire life and am very familiar with housing costs. I will continue to patrol the online listings and chase the realtors who post the listings...

But, if there is anyone out there who sees a "For Rent" sign in a front yard in their neighborhoods, daily travels, and wouldn't mind taking the time to post a phone # and at least a street name (if you don't happen to catch the actual house number) and city, we would be ever so grateful.

Or, if you happen to know a realtor, property manager, a landlord, that you would be willing to put me in contact with - I am very aware I'm a stranger to you, I'm certainly not asking you to "refer" me as if I were a acquaintance, neighbor, or anything like that... Or ideas, advice, suggestions, we sure would appreciate anything, everything, anyone may offer.

I haven't rented a house for over 25 years and I'm learning quickly that it's much changed in the last quarter century, and like most things, networking is an important part of the process.

I'll check here at least twice every day and provide my email address to anyone who doesn't want to post information in this public forum.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 06:40 PM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
I don;t have anything specific to recommend but, if you've not tried this, maybe it will help:

http://www.realtor.com/homesforrent/.../price-na-1400

Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 2,415 times
Update:
Yesterday I found a 3/2 pet-friendly apartment [was the only one available in the entire complex for next 60 days unless someone leaves before the end of their lease] in a safe neighborhood in Clearwater, and I snagged it! It will do for a year, and we can take the time to find a house we really want.

Not ideal, but relieving the anxieties about keeping my beloved 75 lb furry baby where I promised - at my side & in my heart - trumps any of the house to apartment dweller adjustments we will encounter.

One nice bonus is that the complex is in the process of a "million dollar update/upgrade"; the exterior & amenities upgrade is complete and they are working their way through the individual units as tenants come & go, so we will be moving into a unit with not just cleaned/freshened up but actually new, flooring, appliances, sinks/countertops/cabinets in kitchen & bathroom...

So, I wanted to sort of unofficially "close out" this post and say Thank you to Apollo Beach Retiree for the website info.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:57 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharir7209 View Post
Update:
Yesterday I found a 3/2 pet-friendly apartment [was the only one available in the entire complex for next 60 days unless someone leaves before the end of their lease] in a safe neighborhood in Clearwater, and I snagged it! It will do for a year, and we can take the time to find a house we really want.

Not ideal, but relieving the anxieties about keeping my beloved 75 lb furry baby where I promised - at my side & in my heart - trumps any of the house to apartment dweller adjustments we will encounter.

One nice bonus is that the complex is in the process of a "million dollar update/upgrade"; the exterior & amenities upgrade is complete and they are working their way through the individual units as tenants come & go, so we will be moving into a unit with not just cleaned/freshened up but actually new, flooring, appliances, sinks/countertops/cabinets in kitchen & bathroom...

So, I wanted to sort of unofficially "close out" this post and say Thank you to Apollo Beach Retiree for the website info.
I am pleased that it worked out for you. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: