U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM

8 posts, read 43,730 times

Advertisements

Hello there:

I do not know much about the Tampa area, however, if one wanted a "golf community" lifestyle, at a reasonable price, are there any suggestions? As well, are there any areas in and around Tampa that are to be avoided due to high crime?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,796,572 times
"Golf Community"..in Tampa, try Cheval and Avila in Lutz, or Hunters Green, Pebble Creek, etc. in areas like New Tampa and Tampa Palms. Also, the neighborhood of Golfview in South Tampa(around the Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club).

Areas that I find less than desirable are East Tampa(east of Ybor City), and most areas east of I-275 and south of Hillsborough Ave, north of Ybor City, West of University of South Florida from around Fowler Ave to Bearss Ave.(east of I-275), and Drew Park area. Just My opinion.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 PM

192 posts, read 1,095,337 times
There's no way for one to know what "reasonable" is for you.....some of those courses that TampaGuy mentioned require a multi-thousand dollar fee to join and pretty hefty annual dues.

The Forest Hills area is often over looked - it's a course that winds through the Forest Hills neighborhood (I know, that's obvious) with homes that are more modestly priced than most and I think it's public so green fees may be cheap.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 AM

13,772 posts, read 35,114,206 times
There is also Country Way and Westchase in W. Hillsborough county. I think Country Way is a little less as far as home prices but very nice area. Westchase is newer and has a variety of styles homes, although most are very close together, but that is not unusual in FL.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM

367 posts, read 1,572,844 times
I'm not certain on the link between homes and Pebble Creek golf, but that is an older community with a golf course, and the homes vary in size and style, they don't have a CDD either.
Just of Bruce B Downs up near Live Oak area. I know I have seen a lot of homes for sale around there and many are lower than the so called 'preconstruction' prices on Live Oak. However, L/O doesn't have golf, but I'm sure Pebble Creek is open to all comers, as are many of the other courses locally. There are 27 homes with 3 beds for sale under 250K at live oak and 25 same price, 3 beds on Pebble Creek today.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM

3,927 posts, read 10,639,125 times
We have over 200 golf courses in the Bay area. It's hard to live anywhere without a course nearby. Do you want to live directly on the course? Do you want private or is public ok? FYI, most of the courses don't allow walking any more (bummer). Sorry to be fussy, but knowing these few things will enable us to better answer your question.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:53 PM

29 posts, read 114,346 times
Have you considered Lutz(zipcode 33558) which is in the North Tampa area? Lutz (33558) is minutes from the Veterans Expressway which takes you downtown. Heritage Harbor is a safe golf course community with reasonable hoa fees. There are many great deals to be found there.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:30 PM

48 posts, read 106,315 times
None of the golf communities are near high crime areas.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM

4,948 posts, read 17,158,409 times
you might check out wesley chapel, and quail hollow which is a golf community.
it someday may be sold? however, that, is not now to be. Lexington Oaks also is nice, and seven oaks. Shopping! Yes!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM

4 posts, read 25,975 times
Thumbs down HOA in Live Oak is TERRIBLE!!!!!

Let me tell you about a couple of problems in the last couple of months since I moved here a year ago:

March:

While getting out of my truck with my fiancée at the clubhouse, three young black teens almost hit my truck as they were trying to “drift” their car as they have seen in the movies. I approached them and told them I did not appreciate them doing that and almost hitting my truck. The driver got out and responded by saying, “Hold on…I’ll shoot you in the head if you don’t shut the fu#k up!”

I called the police as the property manager came out of the clubhouse when he heard the yelling. While on the phone with the police, the same subject walked up to me and told me, “You know what your problem is? You have to learn how to treat a ni#ger!” (The 911 operator got it on tape.)

They left LONG before the police arrived, but I got their plate and turned it in to HCSO. (The car traced to a property outside Live Oak…)

May:

The unit beside me had been vacant for over six months and my fiancée was leaving me, so I left my trailer in the vacant unit’s driveway for a week and there was a ticket put on it that informed me that it is against HOA rules to leave it in the driveway. I was embarrassed that I got a neighbor (sort of…) ticketed and have never received a listing of the rules, so I moved it into my garage and didn’t give it another thought.

June:

I was helping the family of a Sergeant First Class (SFC) in my unit with moving some of his personal effects with my utility trailer since he is going through treatment for cancer. I got a call from the SFC when I got home and he said he had fallen and could not get off the floor because he hurt his hip pretty badly.

I disconnected my trailer and went to his aid because he is a widower that lives alone. I stayed in the hospital with him for two days. When I came back, I put my trailer in my garage. (I have a lot of stuff in there, so it takes some time to get it in there…)

On the 15th, I received a nasty and threatening letter from the HOA that informed me that I was going to be sued if "(the HOA president) ever sees my trailer ever again." Due to the tone being so threatening, I decided to call the person that wrote the letter that was listed as the “President of the HOA” on the letter.

During this call, he refused to provide me a copy of the HOA rules and spent several minutes yelling at me for “testing his resolve” and telling me that I was going to learn to respect his authority. (I thought he sounded a little like a character on the TV show “South Park” when he kept saying it...HAHAHA…what a tool…)

I told him that I am a military officer, and I was not trying to do test anyone and that I am the sort of person that is usually informing others about rules as a Captain.

He said he did not care about me being in the military and kept yelling as he told me to “I can see you are just trying to get around the rules because you think you are special, so go ahead and let me ever see that trailer again at anytime or under any circumstance...”

Eventually I had enough and told him to adjust his tone when he speaks to me and he responded by yelling “I don’t have to take this from you” and slammed the phone down as he hung up on me.

Conclusion:

I don’t know what his problem is! Is his title President of the HOA or Der Führer of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei?!

This fella had better never set foot on my little patch of grass or I will have HCSO (not the community patrol officer) issue him a warning of trespassing under Florida Statute 810.09.

Moreover, if he comes here and wishes to accelerate the situation the way he did in the letter and on the phone, I hope he understands that I will fully practice my rights by meeting (but not escalating) whatever level of force he brings at me. (Though I doubt he would because big mouth guys are usually too afraid to talk to someone like me in person like they will over the phone…)

I’ve served in the Marines, Navy and Army since I joined in 1989 and have been in more than one dispute with people, so I hope he understands that he cannot treat me the way I’m sure he treats his wife and kids!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Keeper; 08-01-2008 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: removed your name.. not a good idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or