Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 PM

198 posts, read 224,712 times

Advertisements

You will find people just like the one in this video in every major city. Baltimore is a rough city on a par with Detroit and cannibalism has even occurred within the poor and destitute areas. Should we assume cannibalism is an everyday occurrence among all of Baltimore's residents? Of course not, that's ridiculous. Just like the video in the OP's post is just a one-off case of a single nutcase living in Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:20 PM

198 posts, read 224,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Remember Buc & Gypsy -- Many of those who post here are from states where crime, drugs, poor people, criminals, unskilled people, vagrants, etc would never be found. Those states usually have mountains, 4 seasons, great water, the best supermarkets in the nation, no chain stores, excellent drivers, pristine roads, top rated schools, low car and homeowners insurance, no natural disasters, high paying jobs for everyone, low rent and housing costs and people placed there by the finger of God.

Why they ever left those paradises is mind boggling to me.

Ha ha ha, How right you are..

There seem to be a quite a few negative-nancy troll types who have nothing better to do than spread gloom, despair, hate, or just plain attack people's posts at random out of some cheap thrill..

Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
I wake up everyday so happy to be living in Florida - which is Paradise to me. I have lived in many different states so I know great when I see it.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Like most things people choose to be unhappy. This past Saturday my wife and I took a quick drive to Pass-A-Grill Beach to spend a couple hours enjoying the beautiful sand and water. Had some "whole belly clams" on the way back at a small mom and pop. I only gave them an 7.5.. still looking for a 10! Took a nice long walk with my dog at the Brandon Parkway Trail. Picked up a 6-pack of the local craft brew "Tampa Jai Alai IPA" and fired up the grill to make fish tacos. Had a delightful breeze outside so I turned on the TV and got everything ready before the puck dropped for the Lightning playoff game 2. Food was great, Beer was great, and the Lightning played a great game as well and WON!. I took a celebratory dunk in the Jacuzzi and finished my jai alai beer as the sun set over my deck railing. As an added bonus I watched five different florida birds eat their dinner at the feeder.
May not be everyone's idea of paradise, But I sure found it to be a delightful day. GO Bolts!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
Florida has become like a sock at the bottom of the pond that catches all of the Scum.
I've always thought of Florida as that way too. It's like those funnels you put a penny in and watch it spin around before it gets to the bottom. Florida is like the bottom of that funnel, except instead of a penny spinning around it's southern trash.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I've always thought of Florida as that way too. It's like those funnels you put a penny in and watch it spin around before it gets to the bottom. Florida is like the bottom of that funnel, except instead of a penny spinning around it's southern trash.
Pretty sure its the Northern Transplant Trash that blows our way.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
I see these kind of people in other states, not just Florida.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Pretty sure its the Northern Transplant Trash that blows our way.
Well towards the end of my time in St. Petersburg, I sure was seeing alot of Tennessee licence plates there. Usually with a skinny little arm dangling a cigarette out the window.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:05 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGuy View Post
Ha ha ha, How right you are..

There seem to be a quite a few negative-nancy troll types who have nothing better to do than spread gloom, despair, hate, or just plain attack people's posts at random out of some cheap thrill..
Yes - the only thing that changes is the screen name.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM

90 posts, read 104,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
What makes you think that heat indexes over 105 for months is nice weather ?
Me! I can't stand the cold. If it's under 60 I die

Florida is so so weird. But I'd rather live here than anywhere else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay