Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:14 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes - the only thing that changes is the screen name.
Probably just an Averagejoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 06:46 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Florida is kinda weird and I blame it on a couple things. It's not just the people that move here.... some of the born and raised are odd too.

A) Flip flops/Bare feet - Yep, flip flops or bare feet cause people to go crazy. If you wear flip flops all the time you have dirty feet. I believe the soles of your feet absorb toxins that make you crazy after you have been here long enough. Not only do you get these toxins from outside, but you walk around on your tile floor and pool decks barefoot, absorbing some sort of crazy Florida mind altering fungus.

B) The Sun - Before you moved to Florida you could never imagine getting enough sun. Although sun is good for you, I think too much must be bad. I mean look at Africa and the Middle East. Both very sunny places and both are crazy places. South America is kinda crazy too. Hey, come to think of it... people in these regions are also bare foot or in sandal type footwear frequently.

C) Chlorine - Not in the drinking water.... I'll get to drinking water later though. But the Chlorine in the pools, public or private. You will spend more time than ever in pools once you move to Florida... especially if you have your own. Well, chlorine is a man made substance and if you go into pools enough, you'll frequently run into unbalanced pools. You may not know it, but most pools are not balanced. This can't be good for your body.

D) Drinking Water - Florida tap water tastes terrible. I am convinced there is something wrong with it. All the water comes from an aquifer under the state. Supposedly the water gets filtered going through lime rock and sand and blah blah before it gets there. Well... have you ever drank Zephryhills Bottled water? That stuff is disgusting and terrbile.. and people pay to drink that. Yep, the tap water in this state must be laced with some sort of mind altering substance that builds up in your body over time. No way they are able to filter out all the fertilizers, weed killers, mosquito poison from the water. Also, Floridians are terrible litterbugs... I can only imagine what many do with anti-freeze, oil or other toxic chemicals. I can't completely blame Floridians for this because some counties make it difficult to dispose of these items correctly. Hillsborough County only accepts hazardous chemicals on Saturdays, and each transfer station only accepts them 1 Saturday a month for about 4 hours that day.

So there ya go. It's not the people that move here, it's what the place does to them.

Okay, that was all a ruse. But I have had these thoughts. I love it here in Florida and will always have some roots planted here. We're going to travel the nation, but I am keeping my house by renting it out.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:49 PM

62 posts, read 91,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Pretty sure its the Northern Transplant Trash that blows our way.
Northern transplant trash tends to be of the 'middle-aged or retired yuppie douchebag with an annoying city accent' variety. Our white trash can't afford to relocate to Florida in large numbers.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGuy View Post
cannibalism has even occurred within the poor and destitute areas.
Really? Cannibalism due to hunger? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay