Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM

29 posts, read 50,467 times

Advertisements

My husband has gotten a job relocation in Plant City. We are looking at moving to either Wesley Chapel or Lithia (FishHawk Ranch area). Both school systems look good from what I've seen. Anyone have any preferences of one over the other? Is the cost of both areas comparable? Trying to get more imput on those areas before we come down to look. We will rent at first and would like to stay under $1900 when we buy in a year after we are sure we like the area we will have a budge of about $275,000. Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 05:43 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn9577 View Post
My husband has gotten a job relocation in Plant City. We are looking at moving to either Wesley Chapel or Lithia (FishHawk Ranch area). Both school systems look good from what I've seen. Anyone have any preferences of one over the other? Is the cost of both areas comparable? Trying to get more imput on those areas before we come down to look. We will rent at first and would like to stay under $1900 when we buy in a year after we are sure we like the area we will have a budge of about $275,000. Thanks for your input!
Based on location Lithia is a better commute to Plant City by far. I think you would stretch your budget at FH but there are surrounding older developments that go to the same middle schools/high school that very nice and more in line with your budget, not to say that you couldnt find something in FH it would be a lot harder than in WC where you have a lot of options in your price range.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:51 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Lithia hands down - better commute to Plant City, not so overcrowded schools and more options to buy within your budget.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 AM

29 posts, read 50,467 times
Ok thank you both! I will keep looking in the Lithia area. WC seems to be more affordable but I like the idea of hubbys commute being less. I didn't realize the schools in WC are overcrowded so that's great to know! Thanks! Hopefully we can find an affordable rental in the FishHawk area.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM

877 posts, read 1,911,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Lithia hands down - better commute to Plant City, not so overcrowded schools and more options to buy within your budget.
I've heard that FH schools are very overcrowded now.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 AM

877 posts, read 1,911,777 times
OP, I think you can't go wrong either way. As far as I know both schools are overcrowded because they are good schools, the area has a lot of growth and tons of people wants their kids to go there. We will either build in Fishhawk or Wesley Chapel.

We are leaning toward Wesley Chapel because we like having Wiregrass mall, SuperTarget and a lot of restaurants nearby. We will worry about being re-zoned for schools that aren't as good as the years go by and they start rezoning and I think if you live in Fishhawk you are pretty safe being zoned for Fishhawk schools only.

Taxes are cheaper in WC than FH. Make sure you look at the CDDs and HOA fees when figuring out total costs. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,087 times
both areas are going to have the same issues with traffic and overcrowding. Thats what happens when you have good schools, everyone wants to go to them.

id check out both and see what yhou prefer, I personally like WC but as others said, the commute form FH would be shorter.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:02 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
My vote goes to Lithia just on location alone. You will pay more for less but there is very little to the north of Wesley Chapel. There's a reason it's cheaper there.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn9577 View Post
Ok thank you both! I will keep looking in the Lithia area. WC seems to be more affordable but I like the idea of hubbys commute being less. I didn't realize the schools in WC are overcrowded so that's great to know! Thanks! Hopefully we can find an affordable rental in the FishHawk area.
Just to get you an idea, Wiregrass High is overcrowded and have extra 700 (!!!) student as of last year. No communities/apartments are getting build so the number will only go up!

Old 04-21-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
OP, I think you can't go wrong either way. As far as I know both schools are overcrowded because they are good schools, the area has a lot of growth and tons of people wants their kids to go there. We will either build in Fishhawk or Wesley Chapel.

We are leaning toward Wesley Chapel because we like having Wiregrass mall, SuperTarget and a lot of restaurants nearby. We will worry about being re-zoned for schools that aren't as good as the years go by and they start rezoning and I think if you live in Fishhawk you are pretty safe being zoned for Fishhawk schools only.

Taxes are cheaper in WC than FH. Make sure you look at the CDDs and HOA fees when figuring out total costs. Good luck!
I remember you were considering to build in Union Park, right? Have you ever went their? I am wondering what is the deal with their high speed internet. They advertise it as a super high speed internet included in all homes, but it tiny print they state something about limited amount of data and only for first 6 months. What happens next I am wondering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay