Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Yes, because nothing says "We wanna winning team" like dismantling a winning team. And doing it with such high drama, too.
Think they should have kept Brad Johnson do you? Sapp, Lynch, Rice, Brooks didn't have a lot of gas left either. Gruden's last year was a collapse with a team of mediocre players. The writing was on the wall. They got what they could out of that good team. Biggest mistake was Raheem Morris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:06 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Think they should have kept Brad Johnson do you? Sapp, Lynch, Rice, Brooks didn't have a lot of gas left either. Gruden's last year was a collapse with a team of mediocre players. The writing was on the wall. They got what they could out of that good team. Biggest mistake was Raheem Morris.
OK, the comment about Johnson made me laugh.

Would you happen to know if anyone has ever written an objective account of the dismantling of the team post Super Bowl? So much of it is fuzzy in my mind and I, like many of Lynch's lady fans, were somewhat blinded by emotion. (Fan-dom is a weird thing, I'm not often affected by it, but something about Lynch sure got to some of us ladies). Of course, the media stoked every development that occurred, but some of us have never forgiven the Glazers their treatment of Lynch. I remember thinking "Eff 'em, they'll never recover from this". And by God, they haven't. Bad ju-ju.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
OK, the comment about Johnson made me laugh.

Would you happen to know if anyone has ever written an objective account of the dismantling of the team post Super Bowl? So much of it is fuzzy in my mind and I, like many of Lynch's lady fans, were somewhat blinded by emotion. (Fan-dom is a weird thing, I'm not often affected by it, but something about Lynch sure got to some of us ladies). Of course, the media stoked every development that occurred, but some of us have never forgiven the Glazers their treatment of Lynch. I remember thinking "Eff 'em, they'll never recover from this". And by God, they haven't. Bad ju-ju.
Dismantling is your word. They evolved into an old, bad team without taking advantage of their talent when they had it. Their downfall started soon after winning the Super Bowl - the team was better in years prior and thankfully was able to get one Lombardi. Alstott and Lynch had injuries. Sapp wanted more money. Brooks lost a step. Time moves on. Maybe they gave up on Lynch a season or two early, but he did have the injuries and why sign a player to big contract when that is hanging over his head.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Dismantling is your word.
OK, sorry, I meant demolition.

Yes, they let Lynch go too soon. And they were nasty about it. That's no way to treat someone who has done a good job for you. So why should anyone who follows bother being part of the "team"? Just keep your head down, your mouth shut and make your Benjamins.

And I'm not saying Freeman was a good QB, but look how they degraded him, too, when they wanted him to go, leaking information about his medication. Nice, real nice.

LOL, they can hire and fire coaches, players, personnel, etc. I'm sorry, but it needs to be said: The only thing that will ever save the Bucs is an ownership change.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Just sell em and send em to another state.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just sell em and send em to another state.
a lot of people in the TB area depend on the Bucs' being here for their jobs - including the folks that work the stadium as well as the local restaurants/hotels that get more business because of the tourists that come to the city for games......

Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 PM

tough to watch this game #4 of the exhib season....meaningless, sloppy

Old 09-04-2015, 04:09 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
tough to watch this game #4 of the exhib season....meaningless, sloppy
Told ya they have changed and will win em all. They are going to the super bull.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:48 AM

I think this year's team will compete with these in Bucs' history, unfortunately.....

Ranking the worst seasons in Bucs history | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
a lot of people in the TB area depend on the Bucs' being here for their jobs - including the folks that work the stadium as well as the local restaurants/hotels that get more business because of the tourists that come to the city for games......
Really? That's a myth.

Bread & Circuses: The Shady, Slimy & Corrupt World Of Taxpayer Funded Sports Stadiums | Zero Hedge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay