Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Calling New Port Richey "Tampa Bay area" sound more ridiculous to me

When people look for a house in Tampa, they go by address and don't give a crap who pays what to city of Tampa...
I'd imagine a lot of people would care if they were paying city taxes to live in the city. I don't know where you get your information, but it's not accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
I will try one more time... when people are looking to buy in Tampa because they are moving out of state, they are considering Carrollwood, Citrus Park mall areas being Tampa. And it's Tampa. It has Tampa in the mailing address.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 AM

278 posts, read 434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I can tell you this a 3/2 is perfectly sellable. You have empty nesters and Dinks who don't need a big house. I think you are looking at the future for the wrong reasons. You don't buy a house strictly on future saleability. You buy it because you love it. Are you sure you should be buying a house in the first place???
I don't see why asking about home sales in an area disqualifies me from buying a home now. Yes, it is perfectly within reason to buy a home that looks at if it will sell in the future. I've owned three homes, so I think I'm good. I just don't know the Tampa market trends yet, thus the reason I asked.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:10 AM

85 posts, read 101,238 times
Try west of those areas like Palm Harbor and Dunedin and you could stay away from those HOA and Comm Assoc. fees. They can really hurt you in the pocket book. You are not going to get away from the auto insurance. Coming from New Jersey I was used to that and it was a wash on our budget. I sorry can not relate to the city life, you either love it or leave it for greener pastures. I live in Dunedin and you probably find something in that price range and loads to do with out going far. And Tampa is not far away either. But even Oldsmar and Safety Harbor might have what you are looking for also. Don't know if you focused in North Western Pinellas County, but try us out.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
Buying a house is hard. I've been looking for a home for about 5 weeks now. Everything I have loved was snatched up quickly.

Now, I'm having to try to eliminate things I've wanted in a house, or make compromises. I wanted a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with a pool - with everything on it (decent kitchen, somewhat of a yard, modern enough) with great schools. Now I feel like i'm living a pipe dream.

I'm scared to buy a 3/2 house, because I don't know how well it will re-sell one day.

My problem is that taxes and HOA fees are ridiculous in most places. Couple that with much higher auto insurance costs, and health insurance costs - and I'm looking at not being able to afford anything! Just moved here from Tennessee. I love it here, but everything is SO expensive!!

Rant over - just hoping to find something soon. Would love to be in Carrollwood area, along Racetrack road, or possibly Citrus Park. Westchase would be great, but the taxes are friggin ridiculous!

What can you tell me about Country Chase area?
Florida as a whole is expensive; that's a given. Those who say it's not make 6+ figures and/or are paid to say that to keep the pool of service industry folks full. Shameful but true.

Now remember: "location" is everything. You can change cosmetics but you can't change location. That's all u need to remember. If you're thinking of making boat loads of money with real estate you need to first "start" somewhere, and build from there. One deal won't do much for u.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:57 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Tampa, FL :: Boundary Map and Geodata for the City of Tampa in Florida, U.S.A. :: MapTechnica

Old 04-28-2015, 12:11 PM

You put "Tampa" for Citrus Park too...33624/33625

Why is this news?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:35 PM

229 posts, read 244,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You put "Tampa" for Citrus Park too...33624/33625

Why is this news?
I live in Westchase, which is Tampa, FL 33626

NOT Westchase, FL, which does not exist.

It's NOT news, except for one stubborn fool here

Old 04-28-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
I live in Westchase, which is Tampa, FL 33626

NOT Westchase, FL, which does not exist.

It's NOT news, except for one stubborn fool here
Yeah, I know...that's weird that someone thinks there's a "Westchase, FL"...hahahaha Westchase is a huge subdivision...it doesn't have a city hall or anything or that kind...

Old 04-28-2015, 04:10 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I have clean up this thread. Get back on topic and if you have nothing to offer the OP then move along to another thread.

Arguing over something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. If you live in a zip code designated Tampa then you live in Tampa not the city but the within the Tampa Zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay