Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 34,592 times

Advertisements

I am planning to buy a SFM or a Condo for 120K for a house built after 2004. Is that unreasonable to ask considering the market. I plan to live for about a year and then probably rent it. I am from out of town and need advice . I want to take advantage of the buyers market. I am a single female so safety is vital. Is Wesley Chapel a safe area. I liked the place because of the fairly new community and it has prospects of "Growth and investment".
I visited Tampa in winter so really liked it. How bad are the summers? Are the stories about snakes and lizards true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 04:00 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Where will you be working? Wesley Chapel is a bit of a hike from downtown Tampa.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM

8 posts, read 34,592 times
Default Mobile Employee

I travel out-of-town on weekdays. So I need to know how bad is airport commute on Monday early mornings and late Friday night.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:40 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
You can expect a commute from Wesley Chapel to the Tampa airport at approximately 1-1/2 hour each way during peak driving times due to traffic and construction.

Prices continue on a downward spiral, but at the moment, you can buy a modest condo/townhouse in the Wesley Chapel/New Tampa area for $120K.

I don't know which stories you heard about snakes and lizzards, but we have plenty of the little guys slithering around. Most of the snakes are beneficial and non poisonous though. The lizzards create no problems, IMO.

In summer, daily temperatures are usually in the 90's with regular rain and storms from mid to late afternoon. I don't even carry an umbrella any more. I prefer to run between the raindrops.

I hope this helps!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM

10 posts, read 64,600 times
There is no need to buy now. this would be the best time to rent in Wesley Chapel and see if the commute works for you. Try older section of Meadow Point (has not been hit as hard with market's down spiral as the new section) it's right off Bruce B Downs by county line. Seven Oaks has some great rental deals in it now, you can rent about 1700 sq.ft for 1195 per mos and less for the brand new townhomes. Also check in Land o Lakes. The housing world is your oyster right now but it will only get better in the next 9-12 mos. That 120k home will be much easier to find in a year!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijehan View Post
I travel out-of-town on weekdays. So I need to know how bad is airport commute on Monday early mornings and late Friday night.
Early mornings and late in the evenings there is not much traffic that causes delays or there must have been a car crash.

It also depends where you are located in Wesley Chapel. If you are close to SR 56 you will be there in 30-40 min. If you are further on SR 54 than it will be an hour. If you go at the busy times or when the school buses are making all their stops, it will take you a lot longer coming from SR 54. But there is good news. They are going to improve the road but that will take a while. But regardless the traffic I love living in Wesley Chapel.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:44 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Depending on the time of day, the airport trip can be made by back roads in less than 1 hour.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Depending on the time of day, the airport trip can be made by back roads in less than 1 hour.
That is so true, even when the there is a car accident you can starting from Bears Ave. up to down town Tampa, take almost all exit to take a back route if needed to avoid the traffic jam, that is great. I never had to miss a flight or had to worry and our family is going to Tampa airport on a regular base.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Or County Line by Target all the way to the Veterans to the airport. Or County Line to Livingston to Bears, or County Line to Rt. 41 South to Bears and all to Dale Mabry.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 AM

Lennar Shrinks From Pasco Market

If you want to move to Wesley Chapel please read this and the thread I have put up about Bridgewater, just to be safe and nknow what is going on. There are many more communities which are doing great and have just a few foreclosures like every where else. So don't worry it is not all Wesley Chapel. I live in Wesley Chapel and own homes in more than 1 community and all these communities are doing great with just a few renters. By the way there are great renters and bad renters, just like great home owners and bad home owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay