Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM

86 posts, read 432,487 times

Advertisements

Hello,

There is a good possibility that I will receive a job offer in Tampa near the University of Tampa. I am a single woman in her 30's, very educated and am looking for a safe place to live. I'm not too big on long commutes, so I'm looking for neighborhoods (or even apartments/condos) that are relatively close to the University of Tampa. I'm looking in the "moderate" price range of around $650-900/month, or somewhere in that ballpark. I would love to have a 2 bedroom but a 1 bedroom will do if that's all I can find. Most evenings you'll find me at home as I'm not a "bar hopper" by any means. However, I would like to be relatively close (within an hour) to cultural events, etc. I would rather have new construction (or relatively new) only because I lived in an old house for a long time in another state and swore I'd never do it again.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Even if you know specific apartment or condo names, that would be great as well. I'm even open to some sort of a loft plan, but I'm not sure what the downtown is like since it's been a long time since I've visited Tampa. I'd really rather have a small backyard for my pup, or at least some kind of grounds or neighborhood where I can walk him every day.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 07:14 PM

849 posts, read 3,529,308 times
Default price

that price range is almost undoable anywhere in Tampa. the 900 will get you a nice 1/1 in a safe, nearby neighborhood. Anything less will be a commute. The safest and nicest neighborhood near UT is Hyde Park/SOHO. It has everything you want. There is shopping including supermarkets and pharmacies. Hyde Park Village is actually a mall, with al the well known up scale retailers and a few locals. Lots of nice restaurants. There are bars but nicer ones with young professionals for customers. I'm not into that scene but I've driven thru there on Fri. nites and it's not too bad. There are some houses that have 2-3 units maybe a yard for the pooch and some older buildings but you'll be at the top of your price range for a 1br. I wouldn't recommend walking to UT as you get close to the Uni, it gets less safe. Try to stay south of Azelee St. Google Hyde Park apartments. Downtown Tampa is very expensive and mostly for sale.
You could check out Davis Islands too. there are apartments there but I don't know how much. They're older but the location is very desirable so probably top of your range. If you google Davis Island Apartments there is a specific listing that'll come up. Both area are very walkable and safe for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtex23 View Post
Hello,

There is a good possibility that I will receive a job offer in Tampa near the University of Tampa. I am a single woman in her 30's, very educated and am looking for a safe place to live. I'm not too big on long commutes, so I'm looking for neighborhoods (or even apartments/condos) that are relatively close to the University of Tampa. I'm looking in the "moderate" price range of around $650-900/month, or somewhere in that ballpark. I would love to have a 2 bedroom but a 1 bedroom will do if that's all I can find. Most evenings you'll find me at home as I'm not a "bar hopper" by any means. However, I would like to be relatively close (within an hour) to cultural events, etc. I would rather have new construction (or relatively new) only because I lived in an old house for a long time in another state and swore I'd never do it again.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Even if you know specific apartment or condo names, that would be great as well. I'm even open to some sort of a loft plan, but I'm not sure what the downtown is like since it's been a long time since I've visited Tampa. I'd really rather have a small backyard for my pup, or at least some kind of grounds or neighborhood where I can walk him every day.

Thanks!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 PM

86 posts, read 432,487 times
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM

30 posts, read 129,775 times
Default Look on Davis Islands

If you are only renting, look at the apartments on the Island. Very close to UT and rated the number one dog friendly community in the state. Are you already here? There are some really nice apts but you actually have to know where they are. Let me know if you need help. This is where we live, we bought our house a few years ago and love it. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: