Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:44 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
OWriting this from my safe, protected enclave in Westchase...
Surrounded by Town N Country...

Old 06-18-2015, 12:57 PM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Surrounded by Town N Country...
But it's not...

It's bordered by Town and County, barely, on one side (the SouthEast Side). Due South is Dana Shores, Due West is Oldsmar, Due North is Citrus Park, Due East is Carrolwood.

So one small sliver is kind of near Town and Country. Not even touching it. There's a very healthy buffer

And Town and Country is nowhere NEAR as bad as SuitCase City... don't go there, it's not even close

Old 06-18-2015, 01:04 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
But it's not...

It's bordered by Town and County, barely, on one side (the SouthEast Side). Due South is Dana Shores, Due West is Oldsmar, Due North is Citrus Park, Due East is Carrolwood.

So one small sliver is kind of near Town and Country. Not even touching it. There's a very healthy buffer

Carrollwood never touches Westchase. Ever. Citrus Park is between the two. Citrus Park makes up a very small part of the border with Town N Country making up quite a bit of the eastern border. And bordered by Oldsmar? Is that what we're bragging about now? A nasty, run down flea market on the way home.

Quote:
And Town and Country is nowhere NEAR as bad as SuitCase City... don't go there, it's not even close
You don't even know where Suitcase City is, so you really can't make that statement.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Carrollwood never touches Westchase. Ever. Citrus Park is between the two.
Since you are so fond of maps. You will see that "greater carrolwood" extends from roughly Busch West to about Anderson Rd.

And Westchase "area" (not the actual subdivision) more or less extends to Anderson Rd, or are you considering that sliver between Anderson and Sheldon Rd Citrus Park? If so, will concede you are right... but nit picking

Quote:
Citrus Park makes up a very small part of the border with Town N Country making up quite a bit of the eastern border.
Then you need to define where borders are then. Where does TNC start? I would agree that it starts at about Waters Ave and Sheldon and continues points South and East from there. If so, there is only a small part of Westchase that touches it, and none of the actual Westchase subdivision. That part is actually Country Way.

Quote:
And bordered by Oldsmar? Is that what we're bragging about now? A nasty, run down flea market on the way home.
Oldsmar is actually quite nice... so it has a flea market. I will agree the flea market is an eyesore, but the rest of the town is fine. Low crime, nicer than average homes. On par with, I would say, Palm Harbor or Lutz, maybe NorthDale or parts of Citrus Park

Quote:
You don't even know where Suitcase City is, so you really can't make that statement.
You know where suitcase city is the minute you drive into it...

Old 06-18-2015, 01:18 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,923 times
Quote:
^^^

REALLY???

It's the same place, you can say it's "Adjacent", but it's the same general area, separated by an imaginary line or boundary some realtor put up to disassociate itself with the stigma that is suitcase city?

You don't seem to know what a simple word like adjacent means.

It simply means next to. There's no reason for you to be paranoid about the use of the word. It neither connotes nor denotes a disassociation of any sort. It means only a shared border, abutting.

Quote:
But it's not...

So one small sliver is kind of near Town and Country. Not even touching it. There's a very healthy buffer...
AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG.

What you've just said is nonsense.

In fact, Town 'n Country is not merely Westchase-adjacent but shares a significant border all the way from the tributary, just E of Racetrack to Sheldon, a stretch of about 3.5 miles.

Your sliver is three and a half miles long. That's some sliver. What happens when someone asks you to cut them a sliver of cake? I bet the house tilts.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
You don't seem to know what a simple word like adjacent means.

It simply means next to. There's no reason for you to be paranoid about the use of the word. It neither connotes nor denotes a disassociation of any sort. It means only a shared border, abutting.

AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG.

What you've just said is nonsense.

In fact, Town 'n Country is not merely Westchase-adjacent but shares a significant border all the way from the tributary, just E of Racetrack to Sheldon, a stretch of about 3.5 miles.

Your sliver is three and a half miles long. That's some sliver. What happens when someone asks you to cut them a sliver of cake? I bet the house tilts.
Ok, so it's a 3.5 mile segment of border on one side vs being completely surrounded by hood... got it

And that's completely discounting the fact that the worst parts of TNC (up by Hillsborough East of Hanley) are nowhere NEAR as bad as most of Suitcase City. And the area you mention between Race Track Rd and Sheldon is actually decent, includes places like Sickles and Fawn Ridge, right?

Your choice

Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,923 times
Quote:
Ok, so it's a 3.5 mile segment of border on one side vs being completely surrounded by hood... got it

And that's completely discounting the fact that the worst parts of TNC (up by Hillsborough East of Hanley) are nowhere NEAR as bad as most of Suitcase City. And the area you mention between Race Track Rd and Sheldon is actually decent, includes places like Sickles and Fawn Ridge, right?

Your choice
Just as University Square might be rougher on its west end where adjacent to North Tampa than it might be on its East side where adjacent to Terrace Park. I haven't looked that closely to say.

But just like Suitcase City used to extend East more towards Bruce B. Downs but is being pushed back, concentrating it more towards Nebraska, no one in their right mind today would consider Bruce between Fletcher & Fowler to be Suitcase City though it once was defined as that. I've shown recent crime maps at Bruce and Fowler where it is now extremely safe. I knew it was good yet was surprised by how good those stats came out. And visually that area looks way better than most of Dale Mabry.

I happen to not like planned communities. I lived in south Florida for many years and am very tired of that. But be as proud of your area as you enjoy. Exaggerate your own good fortune, assuming you are even for real, or mischaracterize the neighborhoods of others without facts to back you and don't be surprised when you get called out for such nonsense.

Your choice.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:42 PM

20 posts, read 17,029 times
Is the Tampa Palms area nice?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
But it's not...

This is so funny, stay behind those walls, do not open the gates. Please ignore the peasants with pitchforks.
Face it dude.. Your biggest shopping area for your subdivision is town and country. Weschase is just a housing development!!! Embrace all that is town and country for it is you. When my father moved to tampa back in the early 70's and was stationed at Macdill AFB. Before he retired he asked where the best place was to buy a house. People at the time suggested either town and country or Brandon. Because the crosstown was under consideration to be passed for construction, he went with Brandon. One of the best decision he ever made. I still have business in the TC area and have no problem doing business their. The traffic is always my big concern, I cringe when I have to be in the area around rush hour. Stay behind those walls westchase, perhaps sunglasses and hats will work when you need to go shopping in town.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:34 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obewan1 View Post
Is the Tampa Palms area nice?
search topic related to your question on this forum. it was recently discussed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: