Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,282 times

Advertisements

Has anybody had any experience living in the Korman River Chase apartments in Temple Terrace. It seems safe at first glance, and the reviews are nice (if they are genuine). However, looking at the crime map, there seems to have been a number of break in's and auto burglaries within the past year or so? Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 04:17 PM

9 posts, read 9,509 times
I've actually reached out to people who have lived there because I was also looking to move there. My impression is that, the complex is a good place when you need something fast and/or don't have time to really look. It supplies all your needs, but isn't really as glamorous as it seems from their website or the reviews. From the responses I received, maintenance is fast and pest control is generally good. Safety seems to be a matter of where in the complex you live. One person said he had a package stolen when it was delivered when he was out of town for a few days. He also said he witnessed a few domestic disputes, but nothing serious and cops patrol periodically. Another person said it was just fine, but he only lived there for a year (it wasn't clear why he moved). I also asked someone who has lived in Tampa her whole life her take on the area and she said it was "sketchy." I assume she was really referring to some of the things that have happened on 56th street and maybe the apartment complex is just a bit too close for her comfort. That being said, yes, crime maps do reveal break-ins and auto burglaries. Not too long ago someone had their bike stolen and that appeared to be on the main road a little ways from River Chase. Really wherever you rent, just get insurance! Oh, and one of the former tenants said DO NOT purchase the insurance through River Chase because it will only cover the complex and not your stuff.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:20 PM

9 posts, read 9,509 times
Oh, one more thing. One of the former tenants also said the windows can be easily broken into. They fall out when you apply weight to them... so I guess maybe try to rent on the second floor and hope no one comes with a ladder.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:51 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
The Temple Terrace crime rate is 15% below the national average.

River Chase borders some county pockets but crime doesn't seem too bad there...

Here's a comparison of the same 1 mile radius in the last 30 days for different areas of the county

In that SE section of Temple Terrace , the county shows 9 incidents in the latest month

As opposed to Greater Carrollwood's 19 criminal incidents

As opposed to the 15 Westchase/Town n' Country adjacent haha/Citrus area which had 15 criminal incidents INCLUDING 3 DRUG CHARGES. I'm gonna bet it was that ol' gal Needles from the Tampa Palms Troll, um, I mean Thread. Not troll, thread, that's what I meant, thread.

For the incorporated city section of TT at that site, they only map week by week so you can look that up to view but looking at it quickly it looks to be about 3 local incidents per week. So add 12 onto the county count for TOTALS:

TT in that area 21, Carrollwood 19, Westchase at Town n' Country 15 including drugs in Westchase/TnC/Citrus and with the ones in TT looking mostly like stuff taken from unlocked cars.

Just for grins lets look at the same period, same mile radius vicinity Hyde/South Tampa. Oh look, they win, having the most crime of all. What a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay