Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 AM

22 posts, read 25,690 times

Advertisements

So a little back story--We moved to Cape Coral, FL 2 years ago from MI and now his company is relocating him to the Clearwater area! Somewhere off US19 in Norther Pin. This will not be for 3 months so we are in a crunch! We have 2 children ages 3 and 12--our youngest has autism, so anyone with school info would be helpful too! What areas should be focused in on? I don't want my husband to have a ridiculously long commute and we want to be in a nicer area(sidewalk, some sense of a neighborhood for the kids)--our rent max is $1500 until we can settle and buy something! (that was our plan here in CC--well...ahhh). How is New Port Richey? Far? We are actually driving up for the weekend to look around in 1.5 weeks so any areas we should focus on?? Stay away from?? THANKS!! You all were a LIFESAVER when we initially moved!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 03:32 PM

928 posts, read 2,714,935 times
I would look on both sides of US19, North of SR580. Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Countryside, and East Lake.
Countryside is an area of Clearwater.
I have family all over this area, and they are generally happy with the schools. I do not know about special need issues.
The only Pasco area I would consider is the Trinity area. Stay clear of US19 in Pasco County. This Western Pasco County is the pits. Further South in Clearwater is a hit or miss.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,016,792 times
check out the skycrest neighborhood of Clearwater off of drew street older type homes for sale in there and some are really nice and updated . I lived in that area for awhile until the housing crash and employment crash and lost my job and my house still sad over that . I loved it there but could never move back too many bad memorys but check out the skycrest neighborhood you might like it . that is the housing section off of Hercules and drew sts. Good luck to you .

Old 07-02-2015, 11:56 AM

22 posts, read 25,690 times
Thanks I will make sure to look in those areas! Very nervous, as we planned if ANY move at all for it to be EAST coast FL not more north--so this definitely changed things up for us!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:55 PM

232 posts, read 347,042 times
ghostrider7811 is right on in all the suggestions. I would stay out of Clearwater, other than Countryside . North Pinellas is very congested. Pick something in that area to keep your commute at a minimum. Palm Harbor has a high rated high school, but I imagine all the schools in North Pinellas are good.
Good luck to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay