Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:07 AM

81 posts, read 270,373 times

Advertisements

hey guys, might have a joboffer in st petersberg area,
whats the area like?
what are the best neihbourhoods to look at up to 350,000 ?
can you commute to work from tampa or orlando
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
Well Londonman, I'm not sure why, but St. Petersburg is full of Brits. You'll find fish & chips, good beer, and shephard's pie with no problem.
You can commute from Tampa, but not Orlando. You'd be better off living in St. Petersburg though. I'd rather commute from there into Tampa than from Tampa into St. Pete, for traffic reasons.
For up to $350,000 you'll be able to find something in the choice neighborhood, historic Old North East in St. Petersburg. (depending on how much space you require) I love it there.

Welcome.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:26 AM

thanks
what about ghettos how far are you from gjhettos and if you live in the nice part how much contact do you have with peoplw from them, im thinking of partner and kids who would wanna go out and be at the beach and in town etc

Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM

so is it considered a safe area to live, i presume so if a lot of brits move there?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
I feel very safe there. I prefer the safety of knowing who my neighbors are over gated "communities" where no one talks to one another. I would say it's a fair distance from anything considered ghetto. We do have a large homeless population though, and you may see them dumpster diving, but they don't tend to cause any problems.
It has a more urban layout, big lawns are few and far between. It is more densely populated than the suburbs so there will be a variety of people, for better or worse.
There are more parks, museums and other venues in St. Pete than neighboring cities. The areas North of downtown along the water is Old North East. West of 4th St. has very nice communities as well, and you will get more housing for your money over there. Just avoid South St. Pete.

Cheers!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:20 PM

39 posts, read 174,766 times
Pinellas Point, Pink Streets, Bahama Shores, Maximo, Broadwater, Lakewood Estates, Tropical Shores, Marina Bay all in "South St Pete" not the least bit "ghetto". Most of these neighborhoods enjoy less crime than some of the North St Pete zip codes. Check them out for yourself... Most of South St Pete (South of 22nd Ave) is really nice.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,969 times
Angry this is disgusting

I am repulsed by this question. It doesn't deserve an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonman View Post
thanks
what about ghettos how far are you from gjhettos and if you live in the nice part how much contact do you have with peoplw from them, im thinking of partner and kids who would wanna go out and be at the beach and in town etc

Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
I am repulsed by this question. It doesn't deserve an answer

Whats wrong with someone asking where the bad parts of town are?

I would want to know so I could live in a safe area not a crime ridden area.

To the OP ST Pete is really nice lots to do and some areas are walkable. Two nice size cities close to each other you cant find something in St pete try tampa

Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,971 times
If your job is in St. Pete I'd definitely live there. Or Seminole, Largo, and perhaps even Clearwater; all depending on what section of St. Pete your job is in.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,969 times
Default The manner

In which it's asked. If I have to explain it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Whats wrong with someone asking where the bad parts of town are?

I would want to know so I could live in a safe area not a crime ridden area.

To the OP ST Pete is really nice lots to do and some areas are walkable. Two nice size cities close to each other you cant find something in St pete try tampa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay