Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:44 PM

388 posts, read 536,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
I have an engineering degree from USF. It's a great engineering school, albeit with facilities that show their age. I was there a few weeks ago and the primary engineering building and math/physics building looked exactly like I remembered, while there were random new medical buildings all over the place. Unfortunately, most of the money is in the med school, which my wife is a graduate of and I'm a past employee of, and a great deal of that money is in grants, so it's not money that gets shared with the more neglected parts of campus. I would love to see USF take over more of the surrounding areas; the 'college feel' is really lacking at USF compared to other schools, but more housing and more people living immediately around it would help with that. I wish Ghetto.... I mean University Mall was going to be torn down, but sounds like they're actually going to add on to it for some unknown reason.

Did you go inside of the buildings?
They've been remodeling the interiors of the Engineering buildings for the past few years.
Naming Opportunities for the Renovation of Engineering Building II

They have also been sprucing up the exteriors of many buildings and providing landscaping and lounging areas all over campus:
What's New On Campus - University of South Florida

I work by the campus so I go in from time to time and am amazed how much it has changed since I attended a few years ago.

They are now about to tear down all of the old dorms and build new student residences to compete with the best in the country. This includes having retail spaces and recreational enhancements to give it a more true "college feel"
Old USF dorms to make way for new village | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: