Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:20 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
The lack of airlines is not really TPA's fault, though. It is the fault of the government, which keeps approving these outrageous mergers. What we need is fewer big airlines and many more smaller airlines, which would then cover more places with direct service between all of them.
I agree ^^^.

TPA is a great airport, it is always ranked at the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
More direct routes to various locations around the country. It is not really totally in the airports hands, but my wife travels weekly around the country and the only way they offer a direct flight is if it goes to one of the carriers hubs. Most times she has to go through Atlanta first. Being able to go direct to more places would be immensely helpful to her and other business people. Sometimes there can be direct flights to certain locations, but the scheduling is infrequent and at odd hours. For business people who have multiple meetings to attend at different locations in the country, such as my wife, this would be a big improvement. It is just not cost efficient for the airlines.....what few we have left.
What are some of these destinations that we don't have direct flights to?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Thankfully usually only fly into NYC...had to go to a wedding in Oklahoma last year and that was a nightmare...but can't fault TIA it was OK for heaven's sake!!! Love TIA and never more then when I fly out of NYC's LAG...really highlights how good we have it here!

Old 07-09-2015, 02:43 PM

94 posts, read 155,107 times
Tpa is great, My first time there was in 1964 walked down the airstairs of a DC8 and through a open covered walkway to the street. That warm air hitting me on the face , That first trip on a plane has a lot to do with why I have been a pilot for 40yrs,,,,, TPA cost more for me to fly into on the airlines than Orlando, I think beacuse TPA charges more landing fees over MCO. But for me its a 20min cab ride and we are at our winter house on the bay in So St Pete.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Great airport! The people behind the design and expansion of the airport did a great job including the free one hour parking which hopefully will stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Tampa airport again ranks near top, say Travel & Leisure readers | Tampa Bay Times
Tampa International Airport ranks 2nd in the nation among domestic airports, according to a survey of readers of the well known Travel & Leisure magazine.

Airports were ranked among the "World's Best" from last November to March on location and access; check-in and security; restaurants and food; shopping and design, with optional feedback about business and family amenities.

Tampa International's composite score trailed just behind that of No. 1 Portland International Airport, which was awarded the top domestic spot for the third year in a row....

...Tampa International has embarked a nearly $1 billion upgrade and modernization project that will include a 2.6 million-square-foot consolidated rental car center near the entrance to the airport, a 1.4-mile automated people mover and an expansion of the main terminal. New concessions are also planned.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great airport! The people behind the design and expansion of the airport did a great job including the free one hour parking which hopefully will stay.
It has stayed so far, although they keep making changes to the prices after the free one hour. As long as the free part stays, I don't care how much they charge.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:31 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
I can see that. I fly in and out of it every few weeks and it's a very easy airport to navigate. I with Atlanta and Charlotte would take note.
Atlanta's airport is a major PITA. I got stuck there twice flying to and from Chicago a couple years back.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:13 PM

745 posts, read 801,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It pisses me off that the only airline who does direct flights to vegas is southwest and its only once a day... And the only direct flight to Los Angelas is Delta, twice a day

No direct flights to San Francisco or Seattle...

But we have pretty good coverage elsewhere.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
There are many, as she is all over the country every week.

This week's was San Francisco Intl (KSFO). Had to go through Atlanta.

Sometimes there are rare nonstop flights to certain locations, but there is not enough to have an option to work with her schedule. Other times like this week, there is no nonstop option. This is a big issue for business travelers, but not so much the fault of the airports, as it is of too few airlines offering too few options, as they make more money the way that it is currently working.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Atlanta's airport is a major PITA. I got stuck there twice flying to and from Chicago a couple years back.
My wife hates going through Atlanta, but that is a big hub so that is what ends up happening. There always seem to be storms around there, messing with the schedules, as in right now.

I just noticed your status line. Are you a CRA? My wife is a Principle CRA, which is why she is all over the country, week to week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay