Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 04:32 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
A guy is yelling and screaming in your face. He lands a right hook and now you are on the ground gettin your head and ribs kicked in.

You are armed, hopefully. What do you do?

Ask George Zimmerman. It happened to him.
Ya cause he got himself in trouble and had to take on that black kid when he should have stayed the heck away.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:35 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
A guy is yelling and screaming in your face. He lands a right hook and now you are on the ground gettin your head and ribs kicked in.

You are armed, hopefully. What do you do?

Ask George Zimmerman. It happened to him.
You defend yourself.
Hopefully you don't blast the punk into oblivion but if it's you or him you still blast away anyway.
It's easier justifying your actions in a courtroom than from a mortuary slab.
Let's not get into the whole Trayvon/George fandango again but let's just say that as unfortunate as the outcome was the original police investigation,the subsequent trial and the federal investigation into the chances of another prosecution,fuelled by an outrageous intervention into the legal process by the POTUS,all agreed that Zimmerman had no case to answer.
Justice was done.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:09 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Horse****!!

If you pay attention I rarely get involved in these types of threads. I only got involved in this one when it was clear what the OP's intentions were.

Edit: I meant to quote the post above this one.

If the shoe fits.... if you notice I did not direct my comment at any individual in particular, more towards a type of behavior exhibited by a number of posters on the forum. Your knee-jerk attack on my comment suggests you know in which category you belong, whther or not you care to admit it. But as I have said before, it makes no difference to me what your opinions are about Florida, or anywhere (or anything) else for that matter. Whatever conflicts you may have in your mind that make you focus on the negative about a location in which you no longer even live are your problem.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems to me every state section on this forum has its share of negative posters about their particular state,what i find weird is people getting all worked up about some one giving a negative opinion about any given state.like so what,who cares,get over it.
In fact i find the negative posts usually more entertaining than the positive posts eg; tell me how an alligator tried to eat your dog today and i'm interested to read more.Tell me how fire ants destroyed your picnic and i'm interested.
Telling me how much fun you had at the beach today brings on yawns or the tired old story of how moving to Florida was the best move of your life and i'm getting reminded its getting close to nap time..

At least you are honest about it. And if you compare the numbers of posts on threads covering any controversial, or negative topic, as opposed to those which are positive or just informative, you'll find the controversial threads have a lot more posts. That makes me suspect that a lot of folks feel the same way you do!

Old 07-31-2015, 06:57 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Because posters who share your "bash all things Florida"obsession can't let a positive comment about Florida go unchallenged.
Quote:
if you notice I did not direct my comment at any individual in particular, more towards a type of behavior exhibited by a number of posters on the forum. Your knee-jerk attack on my comment suggests you know in which category you belong.
What?

Old 08-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
What?
Perhaps you could remind us of the last time you posted ANYTHING positive about Florida ?

Old 08-01-2015, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Perhaps you could remind us of the last time you posted ANYTHING positive about Florida ?
Is that the price of admission into the Florida forums? Do we all need to have *feel good* post?

Sometimes I try to answer questions or just join in discussions without saying anything negative. There are a handful of posters on here who are going complain no matter what I post.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
What?

So you're just proving my point with your own comments. Your blaming the OP's "tone" for your own negative comments on the thread as though he was waving a red flag in front of a bull and you just could not help yourself is just silly. Last I checked participation in any forum is optional, no one twisted your arm or poked you with a cattle prod forcing you to respond to the OP's comments. Your doing so was your own choice, so put on your big boy pants and own it.

It's still a mystery to me as to why anyone who professes to dislike a place as much as you apparently do Florida continues to dwell on your perceived negatives about it, (even using it as a screen name), especially as you don't even live there anymore. But it's your choice, your little game, doesn't effect anyone else's life one way or the other. You would be better off, though, losing the defensive attitude when someone points out this behavior to you, acting that way does even less for your credibility than blaming others for your negative posts.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
So you're just proving my point with your own comments. Your blaming the OP's "tone" for your own negative comments on the thread as though he was waving a red flag in front of a bull and you just could not help yourself is just silly. Last I checked participation in any forum is optional, no one twisted your arm or poked you with a cattle prod forcing you to respond to the OP's comments. Your doing so was your own choice, so put on your big boy pants and own it.

It's still a mystery to me as to why anyone who professes to dislike a place as much as you apparently do Florida continues to dwell on your perceived negatives about it, (even using it as a screen name), especially as you don't even live there anymore. But it's your choice, your little game, doesn't effect anyone else's life one way or the other. You would be better off, though, losing the defensive attitude when someone points out this behavior to you, acting that way does even less for your credibility than blaming others for your negative posts.
Lol. What?

Old 08-01-2015, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Is that the price of admission into the Florida forums? Do we all need to have *feel good* post?

Sometimes I try to answer questions or just join in discussions without saying anything negative. There are a handful of posters on here who are going complain no matter what I post.
But generally you'd agree that the vast majority of your near 3000 posts have been entirely negative about Florida.
Florida must have hurt you reeeal bad to have such an obsession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay