Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 08:07 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Not everyone will like it, BUT they will stand a better chance of adjusting to it some if they do not try to avoid it all the time. IOW, if someone hides in AC all day long, they may never adjust. I think that is a simple mistake some people make.
From January to June of this year, I tricked myself into believing I could handle it. But boy was I wrong.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
From January to June of this year, I tricked myself into believing I could handle it. But boy was I wrong.
LOL...I like that. I tricked myself.....LOL! I like your sense of humor.

It certainaly is not for all, just as the cold is not. I think you will LOVE Spring and Fall where you are going.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I mean, often when people say its hot your reply is "is not as hot as xxx" ir someone says I took me an hour to get home and the reply is "traffic is worse in DC". My point is how is any of that help me not be hot or stuck in traffic.
Oh, I see. It was meant as a term of reference for some of us here who have lived in both places. Sorry for the confusion. If you no longer lived in the place that was hotter, then you would feel better about being here.

Traffic? I don't know. I have never lived in D.C.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Quote:
Not everyone will like it, BUT they will stand a better chance of adjusting to it some if they do not try to avoid it all the time. IOW, if someone hides in AC all day long, they may never adjust. I think that is a simple mistake some people make.
One thing we found while recently in Florida is that people down there LOVE their AC. We were freezing every time we went into a store, restaurant etc... We finally wised up and if we knew we were going to go inside for awhile to eat or shop, we'd bring our jackets with us!

While in our hotel room we would keep the AC off, put towels under the door leading to the hallway so we wouldn't be sucking in the cold air and have our lanai door open. We went there to be warm, not to hang out in a refrigerator!

We did notice that there seemed to a lot of overweight people in Florida. Might be all the fried foods? Maybe they are the ones that want the AC on 24/7?

Another thought. We drink LOTS of water all the time, no mater where we are. For those of you in Florida that complain about the heat, are you drinking enough water?

Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That's incredibly hot with the humidity.
Well, there aren't too many places in the summer (not in this hemisphere) that are much cooler. I am currently in the Smoky Mountains and it's 68 at midnight, 95% humidity. However, the difference is that the heat doesn't last for several months. Later this week the lows should be back to normal, around 55. It's usually about 10 degrees cooler here, but summer is summer. I was in Greenville SC about a week ago and it was close to 100. I do like the 10 degree difference, however, and the change of seasons.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
OP has been quiet lately.......

Reality setting in?

what the hell did I do? It's hotter than hell down here, isn't it?

Well, I hope when it's my time I head "up" but I always hear that expression and wonder, how hot is it down there?

[url=http://www.livescience.com/33393-how-hot-hell.html]How Hot Is Hell?[/url]

How hot is it?

It's so hot, I saw a wasp taking off his yellow jacket!

The hens are laying hard-boiled eggs!

A dog was chasing a cat and they were both walking!

Old 08-11-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnancy View Post
:d

well, i hope when it's my time i head "up" but i always hear that expression and wonder, how hot is it down there?

how hot is hell?

how hot is it?

It's so hot, i saw a wasp taking off his yellow jacket!

The hens are laying hard-boiled eggs!

A dog was chasing a cat and they were both walking!
lol! :d

Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
No. It's 86 degrees.
Yup,nice and toasty.
Just how I like it.
I had friends in Paris last month when the mercury hit 103.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:09 PM

I just deleted an entire post. I was going to say it is only 8 degrees cooler where I'm staying in the mountains, and everyone in FL has a/c, but then I checked the weather in Tampa. Accuweather shows 89 degrees, 78% humidity, dew point 80, "real feel" 114F. It's 81 in the mountains, and the "real feel" is 81. So it's not all about the temperature.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I just deleted an entire post. I was going to say it is only 8 degrees cooler where I'm staying in the mountains, and everyone in FL has a/c, but then I checked the weather in Tampa. Accuweather shows 89 degrees, 78% humidity, dew point 80, "real feel" 114F. It's 81 in the mountains, and the "real feel" is 81. So it's not all about the temperature.
Wow. You're so right about the "real feel." often time people don't take the dew point and humidity into consideration. I'm calling BS on anyone who says they like the feel of 114F.

I'm currently at 77F with a real feel of 79F. It's raining so humidity is 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay