Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 01:52 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
That rosey conkshell has his or head in the sand.
If you're going to make an attempt at being witty you could at least complete your sentence correctly.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:54 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The wife and I are moving back to Chicago next year the wife is getting a job that's $10,000 more a year and only $150 for her medical. Far cry from what she pays for her lousy medical here, and the lousy doctors here. So winter is no problem for us being we were born and raised in Michigan, I'm 60 yrs and miss the 4 seasons and cheaper insurance rates for home and auto. And I get to go to one of the best hospitals in the country Loloya medical. And buy the way food is cheaper there also pull up a add from food fo less witch is Kroger, and going back to some of the best restraunt's in the world that are in Chicago. Only one more year and by by to this state, going we're people are paid more. For me I'm retired so the cold and snow will be a way to make some extra money by plowing and snow blowing people's walks and drives.
Bye y'all.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:15 AM

473 posts, read 543,783 times
Quote:
I'm retired so the cold and snow will be a way to make some extra money by plowing and snow blowing people's walks and drives.

To each their own................but yuck......not my idea of retirement.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:49 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
To each their own................but yuck......not my idea of retirement.
Well if you spend your whole life there like I have only been in Florida 4 years the north is home and I prefer the north to the south. I gave the south a shot but no place like home and for my wife that stills work $60,000 is better than $50,000 and cheaper and better medical insurance and way better medical care in the north. we will be ahead living there auto and homeowners insurance way cheaper along with food. Better mass transit because there is none here at all. And we will be living in Joliet Illinois, but not that far from Chicago so we can take light rail to get into Chicago.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:58 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgtguy111 View Post
Interesting post Rich67. Good luck with your future retirement. Just some thoughts...I'm kind of tired of the California worship thing. People droning on and on about how it's the greatest place etc...I know it's beautiful and it's all about preferences and it suites your outdoor lifestyle but what about some of the negatives: the sky high real estate, taxes, high gasoline prices, crime....traffic, cold pacific water, earthquakes and more. I've met quite a few people who have moved from California to Florida to retire. Also, being a frequent European traveller, I like that I can go to Europe on a direct flight or hop over to Cuba and the Caribbean... If I feel a need the mountains, I can hop on a plane. And can afford to travel more living in FLA.
Sometimes people who have never lived in CA will bash the entire state, many times it is nothing more than jealousy, or they just like to stir the pot.

There are many areas in CA that are affordable, the entire state is not in the L.A. area or the San Francisco area.

Once you live in an extreme weather area, you quickly wish you could move to the mild climate of CA.

Many have no interest in traveling to Europe, Cuba or the Caribbean. Many prefer to fly to Hawaii, that's obviously much easier if you live on the west coast.

It's all relative. . . if you enjoy hot/humid weather for up to 6 months and paying hundreds of dollars a month for air conditioning, then you'll love FL. If you love the four seasons, you'll do all you can to live in a four-season area.

When anyone says that 'this area is the best', they are saying it's the best for them because they can't speak for the rest of the human race.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:07 AM

422 posts, read 412,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Bye y'all.
Not sure why transplants always do this. We keep losing quality residents and for good reasons. Stick your head in the sand all you want but without great paying jobs, infrastructure, development that makes sense we will just turn into another Tri-state minus the millionaires.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
way better medical care in the north.
Of course this is just your opinion no matter how often posted as fact......

Old 09-03-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Of course this is just your opinion no matter how often posted as fact......
Look up were most of the teaching hospitals are not in the south. And i will take the snow and cold if it means living cheaper because our auto and renters insurance will be cut more than half with more protection than we are paying here. Produce is cheaper there and so is adult beverages. And way better restraunts there.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:24 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
My grandparents retired and moved from Queens NY to Ft. Lauderdale suburbs and they loved it, they loved it because of the weather and the fact did not have to pay all the high taxes for everything like in NYC. Florida is a great for rich people and retirees, I never lived and worked in Florida thou I can't comment on that. Florida appeals to a certain type of person that is more laid back than the people who like the urban city life like NYC and Chicago.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
My grandparents retired and moved from Queens NY to Ft. Lauderdale suburbs and they loved it, they loved it because of the weather and the fact did not have to pay all the high taxes for everything like in NYC. Florida is a great for rich people and retirees, I never lived and worked in Florida thou I can't comment on that. Florida appeals to a certain type of person that is more laid back than the people who like the urban city life like NYC and Chicago.
You are right Its just me and the wife now and the wife still works if she can make $60,000 and have way better and cheaper health insurance VS what she is making here $50,000 and over $500 a month for medical insurance with a $6,000 deductible just for her its a no brainer, she has not had a raise in over 4 years since she has worked here. She is 58 yrs old not much time before she retires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay