Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:13 AM

190 posts, read 178,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
What makes riverview so great? riverview is the epitome of a suburban sprawl cookie cutter town.
True but near stuff also. I'd like to know what your ideal neighborhood is if you don't mind sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 12:29 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniTheGreat View Post
True but near stuff also. I'd like to know what your ideal neighborhood is if you don't mind sharing.
Trolls rarely answer questions. Check out prior posting history.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Trolls rarely answer questions. Check out prior posting history.
The bottom line is a lot of places aren't good. Riverview is better than some of those to me. To me the worst is too far east on 60, east on 92, pretty much the Seffner/Dover corridor, Old Tampa, Bruce B Downs, Fowler, Gibsonton.. Theres fewer places I'd be totally comfortable in the area to tell you the truth and those just happen to be the ones that rentals go fast with.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:42 AM

86 posts, read 75,537 times
Riverview has few redeeming values. My then-girlfriend lived there. Far away, traffic, few amenities, blah...

Old 10-09-2015, 05:02 PM

5,005 posts, read 5,594,804 times
Haven't been posting recently, but any recent major developments in Tampa or overall area? It's been hard to find any city specific related developments among many of the topics which is why haven't been posting much.

Or anything set to come on line in the next year or so? As far as economy as a whole, it's hard to put a number on one set thing. This is the most recent article I found, and it didn't paint a great picture. What lurks behind the Tampa Bay area's GDP stats | Tampa Bay Times That isn't even remotely intended to be a knock on Tampa Bay, that was simply what the Tampa Bay paper had to say. How has the last year been for the city as far as jobs, etc. any better? My hope for the city is that it has been, but I honestly have no idea. Granted, some of those metro numbers may not be completely accurate for Tampa or the other cities either, as CSA, city limits, etc. has to be taken into account, they may not be as "smaller" as the article mentions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_areas_by_GDP
Again, not to turn this into a numbers discussion, but these are just statistics that have been posted recently. I'm certain there are factors pulling against Tampa/Hillsborough/Tampa Bay in this also though that may artificially make the situation look not as good as it actually is.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:51 PM

733 posts, read 748,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn1 View Post
... Areas in Hillsborough I can safely say I ruled out: Anything off of Busch Blvd in Tampa or west of Temple Terrace. Very bad neighborhood, the rest of Old Tampa near Ybor/Nebraska...
Anyone's thoughts on KingJohn1's opinion on areas "west of Temple Terrace"? Does this refer to the area just west (which I understand is indeed bad), or west all the way to the coast?

I'm specifically wondering about (A) the Greater Carrollwood area between 93 and 589, and (B) the Westchase area.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
Anyone's thoughts on KingJohn1's opinion on areas "west of Temple Terrace"? Does this refer to the area just west (which I understand is indeed bad), or west all the way to the coast?

I'm specifically wondering about (A) the Greater Carrollwood area between 93 and 589, and (B) the Westchase area.
I personally am looking a few last times but its hard to get somewhere in this county that's any good. USF area and Bruce B Downs might actually be an option because I am resigning myself with finding somewhere in Brandon and Valrico and that's one of the nicer areas for Tampa, perhaps Carrollwood if I can by chance find a deal in my price range on a fixed income. I hate Seffner for the most part and no use living there because I am kinda near there now and looking to leave where I am so... A lot of bad areas in Hillsborough though, it amazes me. So I am looking a few more times maybe to see where I can end up but I am avoiding some of Temple Terrace for sure unless I know for sure the people I am living with are up to snuff. Its very hard finding a roommate/landlord you can kinda be friends with and have a deeper connection than just "rent paid" every month. I mean I am still asking questions too and if anyone can answer this it be great. And also another issue is finding home owners who keep their frikken places clean. It seems like so many slobs are in this area its beyond belief. Am I wrong to have high standards?

I need help and if anyone wants to help direct me to someone I should talk to for reasonable rent prices in a good area then please help me so I can maybe set something up. I am on my last rope almost and might have to look at locating to Bradenton again if I cant get anything accomplished here. If you can help me, private message me or something because I need it right now.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,201 times
Please let me know if you get an answer. We are looking for a place with good schools like Valrico, Lithia or somewhere. Thanks

Old 10-18-2015, 11:09 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
There are a LOT of people on these boards who don't live in Tampa, never visit Tampa, and really don't know much about Tampa who like to comment about what they think they know about Tampa. If they live in a suburb, I'd take their opinion with less than a grain of salt.

That said, things can get a little rougher from Temple Terrace to Nebraska Ave. If you've lived in big cities before, the crime in the area will be laughable. If you've only ever lived in suburbs, it looks like Compton.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 AM

201 posts, read 235,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystrong99 View Post
Please let me know if you get an answer. We are looking for a place with good schools like Valrico, Lithia or somewhere. Thanks
The South Brandon area has A rated schools. (Brooker Elem., Burns Middle, and Bloomingdale High). So does Lithia in the Fish Hawk communities. But if you have to travel to work in Tampa there will be a lot of traffic to contend with if you live in either Brandon, Valrico or Lithia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay