Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 AM

17,464 posts, read 38,864,396 times

Advertisements

Is this actually a serious thread? I can't believe the ranting about doughnuts.....

Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,507,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Just as insane as your replies is the fact that people continue to try to help you.
True ! lol

(Batsh*t Crazy)

Old 07-26-2015, 10:06 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Please send your "Thanks" to your Gov rep for that one!

I didn't send them there, nor do I agree with them being there or anywhere else.
I'm actually talking about nationals from Afghanistan who would die to have our luxuries in life and would never ever complain about the lack of donut stores in their town. Trying to put a little perspective on your rant.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:38 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
Its a matter of the demand. In suburbia you have a limited audience. Then they must consider how many times a week is that audience going to buy the product. A shop owner needs a consistent flow of potential customers to stay in business. A retail chain store has its advertising done by the corporate office. A chain store offers a wide variety of products. A store that sells one product cannot depend on demand from a small amount of potential customers. Think about it for a little.

That is why I say that. It is a basic marketing concept.

Wrong. I am sure that a large percentage of people in suburbia have grown up in a suburban situation and know what they like and continue that lifestyle. I know many people who have never been exposed to city life.

You included Bern's as a chain. I was telling you it is not. No, its not a place for everyone. It is a place to go for a wonderful dining experience, something you dont get at Outback. Good things are expensive.

Quote:
Why do you say that? Why do these "entrepreneurs" "ASSUME" people in suburbia don't enjoy good food, or a variety of donuts? You do realize that 100% of all people living in suburbia came from living downtown at one point or another in their lives!? Right? So, basically you're insulting their intelligence by saying that all suburbia deserves is chains. Really, think about it a little.

@Dunn: Parking in ST is horrible, expensive, and scarce. You are trying to make it something it really isn't, and I get that you're biased cause you live there, but please don't make it sound to be like something it isn't.

You named 1(ONE) restaurant. Bern's is not for everyone. Have you seen how much it costs? I am interested in dessert places.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:44 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,630,266 times
Default donut shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by farewellohio View Post
I have the same disappointment, where are all the mom and pop donut and bakery stores? DD doesn't even count in my mind.
I have several mom and pop donut shops in my area and they beat out even the big higher priced places and cheaper. DD and KK least favorite and the in store baked goods no good either.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:12 AM

6,583 posts, read 4,959,255 times
Quote:
Why do you say that? Why do these "entrepreneurs" "ASSUME" people in suburbia don't enjoy good food, or a variety of donuts? You do realize that 100% of all people living in suburbia came from living downtown at one point or another in their lives!? Right? So, basically you're insulting their intelligence by saying that all suburbia deserves is chains. Really, think about it a little.

@Dunn: Parking in ST is horrible, expensive, and scarce. You are trying to make it something it really isn't, and I get that you're biased cause you live there, but please don't make it sound to be like something it isn't.

You named 1(ONE) restaurant. Bern's is not for everyone. Have you seen how much it costs? I am interested in dessert places.
I will repeat myself, piquant in Hyde park village free parking plenty of it two parking structures, dough @Mcdill/bay to bay both make custom foodie baked goods it is like $4-$5 a donut/pastry.
Generally speaking if you ask someone Hey you know where I can get a donut? And their reply is my favorite place is xyz, your reply should be ok thanks, or if you been there and don't like the place you can say I don't care for that place, but saying things like aghh they are disgusting or that place is in geto, that's rude.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:51 AM
KPB

Quote:
I just looked all over Carrollwood, Lutz, Westchase, Citrus Park and Odessa and there are NO DONUT SHOPS!!!! NONE, ZILCH, NADA!
Your wrong. There is Nicolas Donut Shop in Carrollwood, been in business almost 40 years

Quote:
REALLY SAD!

I cannot believe I can't find a donut shop! Not a chain...WOW!

Sorry, had a horrible experience at DD yesterday, and I wanted to see what "other" options are out there, and I don't want to travel more than 5, 10 minutes to get to a donut shop; that would be ridiculous! I should be able to want a donut and get a donut within a few minutes!
After people replied to your post w/ other donut suggestions and even suggested a "real donut shop", not a chain, you said the donuts they suggested were "unappetizing" or gross.
DD's donuts that you bought the day before are frozen/ re-heated, everybody knows that lol.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
KPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I will repeat myself, piquant in Hyde park village free parking plenty of it two parking structures, dough @Mcdill/bay to bay both make custom foodie baked goods it is like $4-$5 a donut/pastry.
Generally speaking if you ask someone Hey you know where I can get a donut? And their reply is my favorite place is xyz, your reply should be ok thanks, or if you been there and don't like the place you can say I don't care for that place, but saying things like aghh they are disgusting or that place is in geto, that's rude.
Don't forget about Housewife Bake Shop on Armenia
Housewife Bake Shop & Deli - **Pastry Trays

I'm sure she will think it looks "unappetizing" or too close to riff raff or somethin

Old 07-26-2015, 12:18 PM

7,115 posts, read 8,600,209 times
Quote:
Because "someone" above you called it "first world problems"!

I am amazed at the complacent demeanor! Like no entrepreneurship to make it stand out and work! Yes, 5 donut shops can be around each other no problem, and compete on variety and taste, and all sorts of other things like cleanness, a fun experience etc! I like to have choices, and I am appalled that fast food garbage is what is being pushed on people in the suburbs and at how people just take it! Like machines...say nothing, sit there and do nothing...I don't understand this attitude! Communism is about lack of choices BTW.
LOl it was me(I) that called it a "first world problem"...

Old 07-26-2015, 12:49 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,835,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Heard NYC ? Drives ya nutty, doesn't it?

Yes, and it never stops. Almost every FL thread its the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay