Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:32 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I'm not saying he had dementia...but if he was smart he should start acting and have wife/family say that he wasn't himself in the last year or so...bring in experts to testify that he has dementia and how it effected him that day of murder etc... You literally can pay so called experts to say anything on the stand...The dementia angle could also help in the punishment phase...what's the use punishing someone who doesn't remember who or what he has done Look I think he is guilty as sin I was just offering up possible defenses he might use...
I understand what you are saying, but he has no chances using this excuse! He said she said will not fly with dementia... If he had no documented medical records, there is no way it's going to fly. If he had in fact, the law MUST require some sort of mental examination every 6-12 months for individuals who prefer have guns. Period.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:54 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Got any links that tell us about his personality or did u make it all up??

QUOTE=seain dublin;40670533]And his response to his wife was "keep your f**king mouth shut", now if a man talks to his wife in front of others like that, how does he treat her in private?

He has a reputation of being a hothead, because a normal person wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. You don't sit in close proximity to someone in an empty movie theater if you find their behavior annoying.

He is a MAJOR control freak, lot's of people are going to do annoying things in public places( a normal person knows you can't control other people's behavior), and sadly there are less and less manners. If you find people texting during previews so outrageous, than don't go to the movies. It's called Netflix.

Just like you don't go to restaurants on a "kids under 10 eat free" night, and than get annoyed because it's noisy.

As I posted earlier, you have pick and choose your battles. Someone backs into your car in a parking lot and tries to take off, you take action.

Someone is talking or texting in an empty movie theater, change seats.[/quote]

Old 08-03-2015, 02:07 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Got any links that tell us about his personality or did u make it all up??
Here's a link. I wonder why they have him wearing a turtle suit ? lol

What drove retired police captain who spent his life protecting the public to gun down father in movie theater over a text message? | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-03-2015, 02:14 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Spring is a good poster, but I can't believe someone would actually defend what Reeves did.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Spring is a good poster, but I can't believe someone would actually defend what Reeves did.
Maybe he's more so defending his right to a fair trial first, which I respect. Everybody (including myself) is already ready to hang him.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:20 PM

15 posts, read 10,539 times
very tragic event...sad that it happens in a place where one would think is safe

Old 08-03-2015, 02:22 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Maybe he's more so defending his right to a fair trial first, which I respect. Everybody (including myself) is already ready to hang him.
Spring has stated that the victim was the lunatic and not Reeves. So I don't think so.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I understand what you are saying, but he has no chances using this excuse! He said she said will not fly with dementia... If he had no documented medical records, there is no way it's going to fly. If he had in fact, the law MUST require some sort of mental examination every 6-12 months for individuals who prefer have guns. Period.
We have no idea (at least I don't) of what his medical status was but I will say when I saw video of him arrested and appearing in court he (Reeves) seemed like he had a "veil"...expressionless vacant looking... with in my volunteering with Hospice and nursing home individuals this is a common affect...but I am in NO way an expert...like the old saying goes if you have the law on your side argue the law...if you have the facts on your side argue the facts...if you have neither on your side argue everything else......they only need one jury member to hang...

Old 08-03-2015, 03:19 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
We have no idea (at least I don't) of what his medical status was but I will say when I saw video of him arrested and appearing in court he (Reeves) seemed like he had a "veil"...expressionless vacant looking... with in my volunteering with Hospice and nursing home individuals this is a common affect...but I am in NO way an expert...like the old saying goes if you have the law on your side argue the law...if you have the facts on your side argue the facts...if you have neither on your side argue everything else......they only need one jury member to hang...
That could be the expression of a man who knows he just threw the rest of his life away.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
That could be the expression of a man who knows he just threw the rest of his life away.
That's true too...just a bad and totally avoidable situation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay