Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:16 AM

9 posts, read 22,554 times

Advertisements

So far I am liking a lot of the areas mentioned and a few that I have found in my research. Can anyone elaborate if you happen to live or are familiar with any of the areas mentioned. I am seeing some good schools with 7-9 ratings in most of these areas. Can anyone provide input? Thanks!

Communities in or near tampa that we like so far:
  1. Carrollwood
  2. Brandon
  3. Riverview
  4. Wesley Chapel
  5. Temple Terrace
  6. Valrico
  7. Fishhawk (Very nice but seeing a few mixed review on forum)
  8. Citrus Park
  9. Lutz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybetampabound View Post
I'm chiming in because I could have written the original post. Could someone educate me on how public school works. Do most kids go to their neighborhood elementary school or are charter schools more popular? Is it possible to find good quality (great school rating 7 plus) local public schools?
maybetampabound I can't speak for any of the schools in Tampa but as I have been searching I have been getting some good information on various sites. Greatschools.org is a starting place. Zillow actually has a good option on the map where you can show all schools and limit it by school rating. So I limited it to 7+ and was able to get a nice overview of the different areas and schools as I move the map around.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 PM

Default Just an update

Hi all,

I'm sure no one is reading this but i'm super excited to update everyone that we ended up in FiahHawk. I almost forgot about this forum that I posted on nearly 2 years ago. Been in FishHawk nearly a year and I freaking love it. By far one of the best family oriented communities in the area. We are in the process of actually buying a new construction site while our lease is about to expire. We found some really great prices for our family at our target budget. Feeling so blessed. Thanks to all who offered input. Looking forward to laying our roots down in our new home this summer. Everyone have a great year!

Mike

Old 04-17-2017, 09:15 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhindesign View Post
Hi all,

I'm sure no one is reading this but i'm super excited to update everyone that we ended up in FiahHawk. I almost forgot about this forum that I posted on nearly 2 years ago. Been in FishHawk nearly a year and I freaking love it. By far one of the best family oriented communities in the area. We are in the process of actually buying a new construction site while our lease is about to expire. We found some really great prices for our family at our target budget. Feeling so blessed. Thanks to all who offered input. Looking forward to laying our roots down in our new home this summer. Everyone have a great year!

Mike
Wishing you continued happiness

Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Wishing you continued happiness
I agree! Its nice to hear a happy person for a change.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Its so very nice to hear an update like this Much Happiness to you and your family

Old 04-18-2017, 04:56 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,021 times
I'm glad to hear that your plans are working out. Thanks for the update.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:44 AM

80 posts, read 81,484 times
From what I've seen (I am a renter) home owners insurance is aroun $2k a year and taxes around $2k a year definitely cheaper than NJ.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:02 AM

491 posts, read 473,309 times
Tampa Bay is right where the water is and is surrounded by lakes, rivers, etc. Also, hurricane preparedness is an important part of living in Florida, especially in coastal Florida like the St. Pete/Tampa Bay area. Hurricanes do happen. It will happen. There will be power outages and food shortages, etc. That's why you have to be prepared. Just be stocked up on dry food, supplies and water.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvais View Post
From what I've seen (I am a renter) home owners insurance is aroun $2k a year and taxes around $2k a year definitely cheaper than NJ.
$2k for homeowners on what size house and where? That's a lot of money for most people who are MC on a MC salary just to insure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay