Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
I'm so sick of the hot weather. I'm about to lose my mind. This winter and last winter were too mild for my taste. I look forward to this every year.
There are many other states out there that will have the weather you seek. Perhaps one whose nickname is not the "sunshine state" would be more to your liking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:25 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
I'm so sick of the hot weather. I'm about to lose my mind. This winter and last winter were too mild for my taste. I look forward to this every year.
Just as well live with it as it is gonna get much worse over the next few years. We have not had a cold winter since the 80's other than 95-96 and 2010. Killed the record high today with a 92. Just the start to whats to come. We went into March of this year hot and it's been that way since. Little by little we will see less and less cool weather as hot weather starts more and more early and ends later and later until there is no change at all year round.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:06 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
This.
If you spend your entire life under air conditioning the body has no chance of acclimatising and changing according to natural weather.
Travel to countries with similar weather conditions to Florida but without the wealth and you'll quickly learn how the locals adapt to the weather.
Of course it doesn't help if you're obese,take little exercise,wear tight clothing,drink soda rather than water,rush straight from A/C house to car to mall to restaurant never expecting your body to expend a bead of sweat.
Instead try opening the windows to create a draught,go for a walk early morning or evening,keep your A/C off until the evening,drink LOTS of water,eat less,embrace the weather don't try to beat it.
I work outside eight hours a day. I've done all the acclimating I need to so I'll take my A/C when I can get it thank you very much.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:27 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I work outside eight hours a day. I've done all the acclimating I need to so I'll take my A/C when I can get it thank you very much.
Precisely my point.
If you're able to work outside for eight hours a day without A/C then it's perfectly possible to carry out normal,day-to-day things all day without it.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:11 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
A few people never think of others and live in their own little world.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:25 AM

19 posts, read 40,693 times
Quote:
OMG, this is so hilarious.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,093 times
Funny to read this thread.... I'm moving from Chicago because I've so fed up with the cold, snow, ice and wind of winters here. Summers here get hot, many days much hotter then Florida and humid. So looking forward to having winters where I don't need to spend time to put on boots, put ice grips on my boots, put on layers of jackets, hats, gloves, hand warmers and maybe a scarf just to go out to walk the dog. Also looking forward to missing the fun of shoveling 40-60" of snow each year and having to toss salt on the drive to prevent it from icing up.

Good luck OP on your move, but I'm so ready to switch places with you.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:30 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Person has no clue.
You are kind of full of it, aren't you? Yeah, +1 to the ignore list. Florida is always hot and always has been hot. This isn't anything new.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:47 AM

473 posts, read 544,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Funny to read this thread.... I'm moving from Chicago because I've so fed up with the cold, snow, ice and wind of winters here. Summers here get hot, many days much hotter then Florida and humid. So looking forward to having winters where I don't need to spend time to put on boots, put ice grips on my boots, put on layers of jackets, hats, gloves, hand warmers and maybe a scarf just to go out to walk the dog. Also looking forward to missing the fun of shoveling 40-60" of snow each year and having to toss salt on the drive to prevent it from icing up.

Good luck OP on your move, but I'm so ready to switch places with you.
We just moved down from Buffalo NY in July. We are of the same mind set, totally done with the cold, snow, and gray skies.

These 90 degree days in November are spectacular

Old 11-05-2015, 11:36 AM

240 posts, read 286,933 times
I definitely should not have started this thread. Kind of jumped the gun wishing for cool weather! My bad luck continues.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay