Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:40 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
We do in the Sumertime and here during the winter because we can afford 2 houses.
Brother you just said you were "leasing" about 3 or 4 posts above this one, c'mon now. Not that it really matters but just saying.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:09 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Brother you just said you were "leasing" about 3 or 4 posts above this one, c'mon now. Not that it really matters but just saying.
I'm leasing I said I know other people here that are from Michigan that have a home here and their primary home back in Michigan. My brothers friend just retired from GM and came here to visit my brother in NPR then ended up buying a home there paying $93,000 cash for a home by my brothers. So he has a $450,000 home in Michigan and his winter home here. I would not buy a home here I'm out of here when my lease is up can't come fast enough.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:40 AM
KPB

Quote:
I'm leasing I said I know other people here that are from Michigan that have a home here and their primary home back in Michigan. My brothers friend just retired from GM and came here to visit my brother in NPR then ended up buying a home there paying $93,000 cash for a home by my brothers. So he has a $450,000 home in Michigan and his winter home here. I would not buy a home here I'm out of here when my lease is up can't come fast enough.
OK whatever dude lol..

All kidding a side though, I don't mean any disrespect to you just messin around w/you sometimes when you post about how better it is up there, us locals get tired of hearing it sometimes. Whenever I visit my Grandparents in Brooklyn MI (M.I.S./Irish Hills which is beautiful country up there BTW), I don't tell people how much I think FL is better, just not my style.
I understand how you feel, it's where your from and I know you miss it, I gotta respect that and hope you find happiness and get back to the place you call home.
If I could ask one thing from you before you leave ? That would be to take your wife on a boat ride down the Weeki Wachi River, I don't think you live too far from it. I'm not talking about the glass bottom boat ride at the tourist trap. You can rent a small boat from this place for 1/2 or full day Welcome to Weeki Wachee Marina Its not that expensive and I promise you speaking from experience it would make a memory you won't forget.
When I took my grandma from Detroit (now lives in Brooklyn MI) on a boat ride down that river she told me "I had no idea a place like this ever existed" and she lives in Irish Hills, I'm sure you've been there and know how beautiful it is there.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:43 AM
KPB

Quote:
Yea to bad 75 was not around when the civil war was going on then the north old of won the war faster.
smh

Old 10-07-2015, 12:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
OK whatever dude lol..

All kidding a side though, I don't mean any disrespect to you just messin around w/you sometimes when you post about how better it is up there, us locals get tired of hearing it sometimes. Whenever I visit my Grandparents in Brooklyn MI (M.I.S./Irish Hills which is beautiful country up there BTW), I don't tell people how much I think FL is better, just not my style.
I understand how you feel, it's where your from and I know you miss it, I gotta respect that and hope you find happiness and get back to the place you call home.
If I could ask one thing from you before you leave ? That would be to take your wife on a boat ride down the Weeki Wachi River, I don't think you live too far from it. I'm not talking about the glass bottom boat ride at the tourist trap. You can rent a small boat from this place for 1/2 or full day Welcome to Weeki Wachee Marina Its not that expensive and I promise you speaking from experience it would make a memory you won't forget.
When I took my grandma from Detroit (now lives in Brooklyn MI) on a boat ride down that river she told me "I had no idea a place like this ever existed" and she lives in Irish Hills, I'm sure you've been there and know how beautiful it is there.
I know you were messing around same here and yes we have been on a boat ride we and my brother and his wife and my cousin and her husband rented a pontoon boad and took it on chrystal river, and yes it was nice saw a couple of manatee's. Have you ever been on a boat on some of the many rivers that Michigan has including the grate lakes absolutely beautiful. Yes I was born and raise up there I retired from up there I could not of made the money here than I made there and you know that. But now we are moving back to Chicago were my wife lived for 15 yrs and were I moved there in 2009 till 2011 when we moved here. Thought we would give Florida a chance because the wife got recutid here by a major recruting company with only a $1.00 an hour pay cut. But since she has been there she has had no raise her medical is over $300 a month with a $6,000 deductible our auto and renters insurance more than doubled. So her old boss offerd her a job starting in August 2016 with a $11,000 pay raise and better medical . This will bring her salary to over $60,000. Plus food is cheaper up north and way better restraunts and better medical care. Your grandparents live by MIchigan International Speedwy ever been there.

Last edited by Vannort54; 10-07-2015 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-07-2015, 01:43 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
This isn't the Michigan or Chicago forum, so please take those conversations to the proper forum. PERIOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay