Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It was a whole nother ballgame compared to this year. I have posted about it many time since last Oct.

We started out with strong weather in Oct of 97 and Dec of 1997 the area had 17" of rain. I think i had around 8" in Jan of 98, and 13" in Feb of 98. After March the area saw very little rain and massive fires took over the state in the later spring of 1998. We went about 3 years of very below rainfall until around 2002 we we got back to more normal rains.

So far this last Oct until now the upper levels have been locked in place where there had been a dip way out west and a ridge over us. So we had no cool weather to speak of and almost no rain, i had no rain at all this last Dec at just .15" total.

So even having a El Nino means we can go without rain or cool weather as we have seen the last three months.

It all depends on the upper levels. Now if the upper levels change, we could get into a spilt flow pattern bringing us rain every few days for the next 3 months. I am not betting the bank we see any rainfall like we did in 97-98.
Thx. The so-called experts are still predicting the worst, but of course that type of news sells. We sure could use some rain, so I wouldn't mind having storms twice a week for the rest of the winter. Here's hoping, but I will not be holding my breath.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:43 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Thx. The so-called experts are still predicting the worst, but of course that type of news sells. We sure could use some rain, so I wouldn't mind having storms twice a week for the rest of the winter. Here's hoping, but I will not be holding my breath.
Seems so. Look at out west, seems the north part of Cali has seen some rains. but well to the south has missed out. Most times with El Nino it is south Cali, TX and then Florida that see's all the rains.

Maybe Sunday we can luck into some rain. The pattern will change a little starting this weekend.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:58 PM

107 posts, read 89,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
You are correct climate has and will change, but there is enough proof out there that humans pollution is having an impact on how fast climate is changing. I also don't believe we should just pass our bank to other countries but we should be wise enough to guard this country on the results of climate change or we might not have a bank to give to anyone.
Wrong, there is limited proof. How arrogant to think we can affect the climate of the entire world. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Hawksphins; 01-02-2016 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Misquote

Old 01-02-2016, 04:05 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksphins View Post
Wrong, there is limited proof. How arrogant to think we can affect the climate of the entire world. Unbelievable.
Obviously neither is going to convince the other, but the arrogance is the belief that billions of humans can pollute, destroy the earth's environment without any repercussions. Sadly it will be our kids and grandkids that will have to pay for that ignorance.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:37 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Obviously neither is going to convince the other, but the arrogance is the belief that billions of humans can pollute, destroy the earth's environment without any repercussions. Sadly it will be our kids and grandkids that will have to pay for that ignorance.
The fact is it has changed since i started keeping weather records around 38 years ago, at least for my local area. A big change for sure. Not saying it is man made, but it sure has warmed up.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Me too!
Skyway bridge for sale, I will throw in a unicorn for you.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
The fact is it has changed since i started keeping weather records around 38 years ago, at least for my local area. A big change for sure. Not saying it is man made, but it sure has warmed up.
Yes it's called weather, it fluctuates. We have a thing called a sun. It fluctuates too, coronal mass ejections, sunspots, etc. I'm tired of these criminals blaming coal and oil for weather. They were claiming an ice age in the 70's. Claiming warming is to blame for Isis, saying we were going to be Inundated with hurricanes ....yeah right. The man made part is a scam , and arrogant, if not criminal.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Sir I agree with pollution, but that it's a totally different animal than the climate of an entire planet caused by man. What removed the glaciers covering most of north America before man was supposedly burning out the planet with cars, coal and oil? I will give you a bigger problem, this government spending us to oblivion doubling the national debt under Obama, our kids and grandkids are already screwed.

Last edited by Hawksphins; 01-02-2016 at 06:39 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 06:58 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,583 times
Quote:
Sir I agree with pollution, but that it's a totally different animal than the climate of an entire planet caused by man. What removed the glaciers covering most of north America before man was supposedly burning out the planet with cars, coal and oil? I will give you a bigger problem, this government spending us to oblivion doubling the national debt under Obama, our kids and grandkids are already screwed.
So tell me, did we get Dubya's wars paid for yet?
No.
It will be decades before we get his messes cleaned up.
Our kids are dying over there because he started something he couldn't finish.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:11 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
I have said before that this planet goes thru weather cycles and if you look some years it's global weather has been affected by volcano eruptions such as Krakatoa. What I have been saying is that mans mishandling of the environment, such as production of gases due to combustion energy production, cutting forest and spreading asphalt will ADD to those global changes.
As for the deficit as the other poster added it was created in large part by a previous president. Now if you don't think that it's a smart idea for our country to be in the lead of other potential energy sources that won't ADD to the problem, and thus leave a better planet for our kids, then as I said nothing to debate here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay