Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,586,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That to me is non sense. I know many young people who work hard to reach their goals in life and are proud of what they accomplish and buy.

It is the entitlement population and they come in al ages that don't care and just want to get and do as least as possible and are against laws and anything that is not benefitting themselves.

That goes fro generation to generation if parents don't want to teach their kids anything different.
& with that last line we're going back to my original reply: if parents are stuck at work for really long hours, who exactly is supposed to teach these kids how to care for their stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,589,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
& with that last line we're going back to my original reply: if parents are stuck at work for really long hours, who exactly is supposed to teach these kids how to care for their stuff?
just a other parents do who work long days. Maybe spend less time on cell phones and other things they probably are able to do or live else where so they don't have to maintain a yard or pay $ 60 per month for mowing.

To avoid that live else where. It is about choices you make in life and not about excuses and let other neighbors be surrounded with a bad looking property if you don't have the time or money to upkeep it as you signed for when you either bought the house or started to rent it.

There are homes in non HOA communities where you can do less but the County has their code enforcement ordinance and grass can't just be overgrown as others will call the County to complain.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:59 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,586,604 times
Quote:
just a other parents do who work long days. Maybe spend less time on cell phones and other things they probably are able to do or live else where so they don't have to maintain a yard or pay $ 60 per month for mowing.

To avoid that live else where. It is about choices you make in life and not about excuses and let other neighbors be surrounded with a bad looking property if you don't have the time or money to upkeep it as you signed for when you either bought the house or started to rent it.

There are homes in non HOA communities where you can do less but the County has their code enforcement ordinance and grass can't just be overgrown as others will call the County to complain.
You're trying to vilify those who work long hours = who have little time for "yard work" instead of being a supportive neighbor and HELP OUT! Sending people to live "elsewhere" will NOT solve this problem. Spreading SELFISHNESS won't solve this problem either.

This is precisely why I always say this area of Florida is beyond unwelcoming. This BS with "everyone for himself" is why we have gone down as a society as low as we are right now.

HOAs should be supportive, not hostile end of story.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:16 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,045,948 times
HOA'a dont get hostile with anyone who follows the rules. It is when people do not abide by the rules the HOA steps up to correct the problem.

As far as a neighbor doing someone else's yard work or helping them with yard work is something Ive never seen or heard of. "everyone for himself" is the way it works in most of the world sans those who donate moneyt, time or
tangible goods.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:26 PM

49 posts, read 84,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
HOA'a dont get hostile with anyone who follows the rules. It is when people do not abide by the rules the HOA steps up to correct the problem.

As far as a neighbor doing someone else's yard work or helping them with yard work is something Ive never seen or heard of. "everyone for himself" is the way it works in most of the world sans those who donate moneyt, time or
tangible goods.
In my hometown, it's something I've seen all the time and luckily when my mom got ill, our neighbors pitched in to help for a time. We probably would have just paid someone since all the kids are out of state, but our neighbors just cut her grass when they were doing their own without even being asked.

But perhaps she's just lucky as all the neighbors help each other out all the time--bringing in packages, checking mail, watching out for each others kids, etc.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:51 AM

25 posts, read 47,571 times
Thanks for the insight everyone...I'm not concerned with my ability to afford a HOA or my ability to maintain my yard...I am just not interested in having someone else rule my property. I appreciate the benefits an association can offer, but I also might want to play some music with the windows open, or have a bonfire in my yard. I know not all HOA's are super strict, but moving from the Midwest, these are things I guess I worry about. I am also interested in getting a camper someday...I hear these are big no-no's as well. I'm not looking to live like a hillbilly...just appreciate some freedoms I suppose.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:55 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,589,721 times
Quote:
You're trying to vilify those who work long hours = who have little time for "yard work" instead of being a supportive neighbor and HELP OUT! Sending people to live "elsewhere" will NOT solve this problem. Spreading SELFISHNESS won't solve this problem either.

This is precisely why I always say this area of Florida is beyond unwelcoming. This BS with "everyone for himself" is why we have gone down as a society as low as we are right now.

Excuse me! You don't know me so why are you so judge mental!

We and another neighbor kept for over 2 years a bank owned property lawn up in between us so it would look better as the bank didn't do zip!

So you are saying it is my duty to keep up someone else's lawn who works maybe just a hard as me but chose to live where they either can't afford to pay for maintenance or they don' have the time.

That to me is their issue to resolve and not my duty to start doing it for free!

If they want that they need to go to community or Country where that will work!

The other thing you mention is that the HOA shouldn't be hostile and translated per your statements it means the HOA should do it for free! Nothing is for free other than the sun coming up and rain coming down and more things like that.

If the HOA has to do it they hire a company and other people have to pay more due to someone else not willing to do it.

Last edited by bentlebee; 11-05-2015 at 11:06 AM..

Old 11-05-2015, 11:12 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,045,948 times
Quote:
Excuse me! You don't know me so why are you so judge mental!

We and another neighbor kept for over 2 years a bank owned property lawn up in between us so it would look better as the bank didn't do zip!

So you are saying it is my duty to keep up someone else's lawn who works maybe just a hard as me but chose to live where they either can't afford to pay for maintenance or they don' have the time.

That to me is their issue to resolve and not my duty to start doing it for free!

If they want that they need to go to community or Country where that will work!

The other thing you mention is that the HOA shouldn't be hostile and translated per your statements it means the HOA should do it for free! Nothing is for free other than the sun coming up and rain coming down and more things like that.

If the HOA has to do it they hire a company and other people have to pay more due to someone else not willing to do it.
In the minds of some, everything should be fee or provided by the government or all people should care for the other people who may not be able to care for themselves. You know, one pot and many spoons.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:29 AM

769 posts, read 825,330 times
Quote:

This!!!!

Also, if you have to work 2 jobs to afford a house, newsflash, MAYBE YOU SHOULD NO BE BUYING A HOME!!!

And if you don't have time to spend with your kids, don't have them!!

Old 11-05-2015, 11:31 AM

769 posts, read 825,330 times
Quote:

Sorry, if you can't take the time to keep up your property, I would prefer you live somewhere crappy like Pasco County or Polk County. Or live in an apartment.

I've lived in a deed restricted (HOA) community for 12 years and never had any issues with my HOA because I don't like like a hillbilly / redneck / slob / thug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay