Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 05:21 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I agree. I don't even know of a single Muslim leader in this nation. Other religions have a few identifiable leaders who'd you'd expect to speak up or show outrage. Here, nothing. Maybe a few celebrities such as Kareem Abul Jabbar - even celebrities like that need to be out front, on national TV showing outrage. It doesn't help their cause against bigotry when they stay in the background after these types of tragedies.

In my opinion, silence is seen as consent.

I did see a few Muslim leaders in France speaking up. But that doesn't make it back on Faux News. I think I saw it on PBS's Newshour.
I didn't see them on any channel and during the day I watch CNN mostly as I want to be informed from all sides.

Neither did I see them on foreign TV but some Muslims spoke out in Europe stating they felt they didn't have to speak out!!! It is even in today's news papers overseas.

In a recent poll Muslims have stated to disagree with ISIS but to agree with Shari law in a law majority which is scary as it is not a law that protects women and is anything that Western laws stand for.

Btw I forgot the plane that was shot out of the sky by ISIS and the "I" in ISIS stands for ISLAM so how can't it be seen as part of the muslim religion if other Muslims don't speak up.

Does anyone on this forum wants to risk more life's? Nobody is saying not to help the refugees but you can help them in their region and keep in mind there are plenty of muslim countries in the region that are not helping them... makes you wonder why!

Old 11-17-2015, 05:22 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
I agree. I don't even know of a single Muslim leader in this nation. Other religions have a few identifiable leaders who'd you'd expect to speak up or show outrage. Here, nothing. Maybe a few celebrities such as Kareem Abul Jabbar - even celebrities like that need to be out front, on national TV showing outrage. It doesn't help their cause against bigotry when they stay in the background after these types of tragedies.

I did see a few Muslim leaders in France speaking up. But that doesn't make it back on Faux News. I think I saw it on PBS's Newshour.
Absolutely. Tacit consent.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:32 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
Quote:
Bingo.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:24 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
These people need to stop fleeing & stand up for their countries! I hope Scott's letter gets approved. We already have 20 million ppl here, too many in welfare, and don't need these types of ppl munching at this already broken system!

I'm tired of this "religion" PC BS! We're in freakin 2015!!! Grow up!

Old 11-17-2015, 06:27 AM

The OP wanted to know about concerns over the "refugees" in the area. I came across this little gem

Feds nab sex traffickers in SD: 'catching awful lot of them'

"In a squalid second-floor apartment, just blocks from the U.S. attorney's office, Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi ran a violent sex trafficking ring, preying on young, troubled women. He plied them with drugs and alcohol, gave them clothes and a place to stay, and forced them to engage in sex acts with strangers. Prosecutors dubbed his place a "house of horrors."

And whence came Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi? Why, he's a "refugee" from "gasp" Iraq! And this has been happening in South Dakota, of all places. Not here in Tampa, which is a major sex trafficking hub, btw. Just imagine the possibilities here! Is this a great country, or what?

If I'm a parent and have a daughter who might be a little weak-minded and easily influenced, I'd sure have some concerns about this. Why add to the problems that already exist? For more information, check out the Rotherham, England sex trafficking scandal. That one's a doozy.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
When a police officer abuses their authority, and people don't go on tv denouncing them is that tacit consent? Or maybe it's the actions of few, which btw so much higher ratio of police abuses to police officers than terrorist to Muslims, that is not worth repeating something that is inherently understood.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
The OP wanted to know about concerns over the "refugees" in the area. I came across this little gem

Feds nab sex traffickers in SD: 'catching awful lot of them'

"In a squalid second-floor apartment, just blocks from the U.S. attorney's office, Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi ran a violent sex trafficking ring, preying on young, troubled women. He plied them with drugs and alcohol, gave them clothes and a place to stay, and forced them to engage in sex acts with strangers. Prosecutors dubbed his place a "house of horrors."

And whence came Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi? Why, he's a "refugee" from "gasp" Iraq! And this has been happening in South Dakota, of all places. Not here in Tampa, which is a major sex trafficking hub, btw. Just imagine the possibilities here! Is this a great country, or what?

If I'm a parent and have a daughter who might be a little weak-minded and easily influenced, I'd sure have some concerns about this. Why add to the problems that already exist? For more information, check out the Rotherham, England sex trafficking scandal. That one's a doozy.

Here is another one. Caught in Lakeland, FL.

CAIR Leader Ahmad Saleem Arrested in Major Child Sex Trafficking Ring Bust, Sex with Children as Young as 10
Read more at CAIR Leader Ahmad Saleem Arrested in Major Child Sex Trafficking Ring Bust, Sex with Children as Young as 10 - Freedom Outpost

But keep in mind that according to Islam/Muslim religion they can have multiple wife's and age doesn't seem to matter under sharia law!

Watch your kids!

Old 11-17-2015, 07:25 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Isn't there some way our government can look into their records? Check their connections? See if there are any ties to ISIS? We have the technology to monitor emails and cyber activity, so I'm sure it's possible to put a refugee through some kind of screening process. Surely we just can't let someone into this country without at least doing those things.

If that's not possible, then I do not think it's wise to allow them in.
You can only check a person if you know who they really are, and "IF" they have had records kept on them. Chances of getting any records out of Syria are slim and none. There is no way to check them, period. No more than I could check you by using "Floridagirl" and expecting a record to come up on you.

We don't know who these people are. other than what they tell us.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:35 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I was in Dubai and Abu Dhabi less than a month ago - plenty of American and European people living and working there.

You do know the Middle East is a very big place and not all of it is an ISIS caliphate ?

The parochialism and ignorance of the world outside America from some people on here is staggering.
Mod edit: inappropiate comments,personal attack.

New York wasn't Terrorist Territory either, but we had 911.

I know a lot of people work there due to greed, and take big risks. Doesn't mean they are smart. If things go wrong, they cry foul and want Taxpayers to bail them out because they where stupid to be there in the first place. You read about it all the time. .

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-17-2015 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You danced some, but didn't answer my question. Would you wear it?

New York wasn't Terrorist Territory either, but we had 911.

I know a lot of people work there due to greed, and take big risks. Doesn't mean they are smart. If things go wrong, they cry foul and want Taxpayers to bail them out because they where stupid to be there in the first place. You read about it all the time. .
I'm trying to find a link, but as I recall, not too long ago there was a fellow here in Florida (I think he was from Pinellas County, but not sure) who worked in Saudi Arabia. came back here and posted online some unflattering remarks (again, I think on Facebook) about the company he worked for and some of the people he worked with. And then he had the idiocy to actually go back with the intent of working some more for the same company.

Surprise, surprise! They detained him and were going to give him some Saudi justice for being disrespectful and the State Department had to get involved to obtain his release. You can't fix stupid and greedy! Wonder what that little adventure cost the taxpayer.

I can't find the story, if anyone is familiar, please post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay