Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
These people need to stop fleeing & stand up for their countries! I hope Scott's letter gets approved. We already have 20 million ppl here, too many in welfare, and don't need these types of ppl munching at this already broken system!

I'm tired of this "religion" PC BS! We're in freakin 2015!!! Grow up!
your whine isn't loud enough.....we've had a large number of refugees here already, it appears.....Hillsborough County received more Syrian refugees than any other county in the state last year. 43k in Florida already from what I've heard. Sounds like Rick Scott is a little late to the party.

As top Florida destination for Syrian refugees in past year, Tampa Bay grapples with Paris attacks | Tampa Bay Times

Old 11-17-2015, 08:37 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
your whine isn't loud enough.....we've had a large number of refugees here already, it appears.....Hillsborough County received more Syrian refugees than any other county in the state last year. 43k in Florida already from what I've heard. Sounds like Rick Scott is a little late to the party.

As top Florida destination for Syrian refugees in past year, Tampa Bay grapples with Paris attacks | Tampa Bay Times
That article is what is called "frontlashing", in a pathetic attempt to forestall backlash. You can always tell when there's frontlashing, they like to puke words such as "xenophobia" and "vigilantism", with the usual platitudes about dieversity and welcoming.

The idea is to frontlash those who would object into submission by "shaming" them.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:43 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
The OP wanted to know about concerns over the "refugees" in the area. I came across this little gem

Feds nab sex traffickers in SD: 'catching awful lot of them'

"In a squalid second-floor apartment, just blocks from the U.S. attorney's office, Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi ran a violent sex trafficking ring, preying on young, troubled women. He plied them with drugs and alcohol, gave them clothes and a place to stay, and forced them to engage in sex acts with strangers. Prosecutors dubbed his place a "house of horrors."

And whence came Mohammed Sharif Alaboudi? Why, he's a "refugee" from "gasp" Iraq! And this has been happening in South Dakota, of all places. Not here in Tampa, which is a major sex trafficking hub, btw. Just imagine the possibilities here! Is this a great country, or what?

If I'm a parent and have a daughter who might be a little weak-minded and easily influenced, I'd sure have some concerns about this. Why add to the problems that already exist? For more information, check out the Rotherham, England sex trafficking scandal. That one's a doozy.
"Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes. Where only one or a few anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases."

Old 11-17-2015, 08:50 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

I guess Scott's next move will be to build a wall and make Syria pay for it.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
"Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes. Where only one or a few anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases."
"Idiot responses are responses from idiots. Where only one or a few idiot responses are presented, there is a larger chance they may be idiotic due to regurgitated knee-jerk pablum or other failures of intelligence due to media and educational indoctrination."

Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I guess Scott's next move will be to build a wall and make Syria pay for it.
Oh, tee-hee, that's just so cute and funny. YOU take some of these folks in, why doncha? I've about reached my limit with people telling me what's right and moral and how to think. Put your money where your keyboard is and take them in.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Oh, tee-hee, that's just so cute and funny. YOU take some of these folks in, why doncha? I've about reached my limit with people telling me what's right and moral and how to think. Put your money where your keyboard is and take them in.
We pay plenty of taxes and support their use for humanitarian purposes. We campaign and contribute to office-seekers who have a larger world view than just their backyard.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Not fair, first off the French helped, then it was the fact that they were fighting with muskets, as opposed to automatic weapons. Never mind the fact that fight who the government who oppressed you for the last 30 years and the rebels who want to do it for the next 30 years. Its an impossible situation.
Of course its fair to say that. WE are helping the ones who stayed and are fighting for their Country. Also, its not like they have to fight with Muskets either. All sides have the same weapons, which has absolutely nothing to do with anything. They should be fixing their own Country, and not running.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We pay plenty of taxes and support their use for humanitarian purposes. We campaign and contribute to office-seekers who have a larger world view than just their backyard.
And I'm sure the quasi-religious "charity" agencies thank you for the fat salaries their managements get, courtesy of the taxpayer. Just because you choose to take part in compulsory shakedowns, doesn't mean I should have to.

If you want to support humanitarian causes, that's great. It's up to individuals to decide which causes they support and contribute to charities accordingly, especially when it come to religious ones. You have NO right to tell me who and what I should support.

We've discussed this before, you claim to be an open borders advocate, for everyone else. But I'll just bet the farm that if I decided to enjoy an idyllic day in Gulfport or whatever nice little southern coastal Pinellas town you're in and camped out on your lawn, you'd be calling the cops to enforce your "borders" toot sweet.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And I'm sure the quasi-religious "charity" agencies thank you for the fat salaries their managements get, courtesy of the taxpayer. Just because you choose to take part in compulsory shakedowns, doesn't mean I should have to.

If you want to support humanitarian causes, that's great. It's up to individuals to decide which causes they support and contribute to charities accordingly, especially when it come to religious ones. You have NO right to tell me who and what I should support.

We've discussed this before, you claim to be an open borders advocate, for everyone else. But I'll just bet the farm that if I decided to enjoy an idyllic day in Gulfport or whatever nice little southern coastal Pinellas town you're in and camped out on your lawn, you'd be calling the cops to enforce your "borders" toot sweet.
Please re-read and try a tad harder to comprehend my post. I did not mention charities nor did I mention religion. I was talking about supporting candidates who share my views on humanitarian aid so that my tax dollars go to these relief efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay