Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM

563 posts, read 1,252,254 times

Advertisements

As the Seminole area spans each side of Long Bayou, I'm wondering if one side might be better or worse than the other side? Prices the same? What about the safety factor of the neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 03:43 AM

120 posts, read 117,899 times
West is much better. The East side borders and mingles with Pinellas Park, most of which is white trash. The west side has better neighborhoods, better schools, and better people. Plus you will be glad you didn't live near Park/Starkey during rush hours. Real estate may be a little more on the West side, but you get what you pay for. Don't be fooled by cheaper home prices on the East side.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:03 PM

929 posts, read 2,722,327 times
The West has always been a better area. The East does have a few pockets of expense nice homes such as Bardmoor.
In fact the further West you go in general is better. The West is filling up , as most of the homes were built in the 60s and 70s. The newer homes were built on what was nice green spaces.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:04 PM

563 posts, read 1,252,254 times
I wonder if the homes on the west side are in a flood zone? It really adds to your insurance rate. Also, I understand that some communities won't allow you to park a boat on your lot; you have to rent space somewhere. I definitely don't want that kind of place.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:38 AM

120 posts, read 117,899 times
I live 1 mile from the beach and am not in a flood zone. There's places on both East and West sides that are flood zones and some that are not. Same with boat parking, totally dependent on the neighborhood. I'd much rather see a boat (west side) than a broken down car and junk and couches (east side) in my neighbor's front yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: