Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,010 times

Advertisements

Some distant neighbors keep rolling their individual home trashcan up to our large round Alleyway Trashcan and dumping their refuse into it every night while they remodel a home.
I tried to tell them to limit their dumping and not fill up my alleyway trashcan as there is no room for me to use my own trashcan.
They called me rude and told me they have every right to use this trashcan as it is a City of St. Petersburg Alley trashcan and they pay taxes?
I have lived here for 25 years and always thought as this trashcan was on the alley way that I live on - it is only shared by me and my direct neighbors on this alley?
Can anyone clarify for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 07:24 AM

769 posts, read 829,838 times
Report them to the city...

While the trash can "belongs" to the city, it's for YOUR use only

Old 11-30-2015, 04:06 PM

490 posts, read 583,834 times
The alley trashcan is a 300 gal dumpster and while anyone on the alley can use it, as they are not assigned neighbors with individual cans are not allowed. They are not to be used for remodels -construction debris, lawn/tree waste, or commercial use.
These darn dumpsters are nothing but grief. Your neighbors are rude and disrespectful to you and others that need and pay for the alley can. They are to cheap to get a dumpster for their project, or haul it to the dump by other means. I wouldn't hesitate to drop a dime and report them to sanitation.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:43 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Ya, the black ones in the St Pete alleys are huge. They don't have many alleys in Tampa anymore so we roll our cans out to the street.

It wouldn't bother me personally. I'd just be satisfied enough that they were throwing the stuff in a dumpster and not dumping it in an alley somewhere.
Most of the time there's another can within 100' anyways.

But you can report them for putting trash in a trash can if you want too and just hope they don't dump it in a field or alley somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay