Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM

79 posts, read 330,999 times

Advertisements

So we used to get Poland Springs delivered to our place in NYC but now in Tampa we have to use to Zephyrhills. We think it tastes kind of funny - not in a good way. Is it just me?

I did a search and see there's Arctic Spring of Clearwater and Crystal Springs.

Anyone have any idea if the other two are any good/better than Zephyrhills?

Is Zephyhills an "acquired taste"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 05:47 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,704 times
Default could be

but nothing is quite as good as Poland Spr. Are you getting delivery and using their dispenser? or schlepping it from the store? We use the dispenser and are fine. I'm VERY sensitive to chemicals of any sort. I wouldn't use anything where you don't change the bottles out for sanitized sealed ones and if you're bringing it home yourself, try switching. There have been reports about the chemicals in the soft plastic bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBOUND? View Post
So we used to get Poland Springs delivered to our place in NYC but now in Tampa we have to use to Zephyrhills. We think it tastes kind of funny - not in a good way. Is it just me?

I did a search and see there's Arctic Spring of Clearwater and Crystal Springs.

Anyone have any idea if the other two are any good/better than Zephyrhills?

Is Zephyhills an "acquired taste"?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:06 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,892,327 times
Welcome to the area Flbound!!
Try the Publix water, see if you like it better.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:43 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Most bottled water comes from a municipal tap! Just like the water that comes out of your sink! Whoever thought up "bottled water" was an absolute GENIUS! If it truly comes from a "spring" somewhere, it's likely got more contaminents than your own "house" water has!
If your tap water has an "off" taste, simply refridgerate! That usually takes care of it and it's basically free!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:22 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,704 times
Unhappy that's the stuff that's

"filtered" or some such. If it says "spring" water it has to come out of the ground and be bottled at the source. Europeans have been preferring bottled water for centuries. Chilling tap water doesn't get rid of the contaminants including flouride which is NOT safe on a long term basis and not in the quantities one ingests in water. Spring water is tested by the bottlers and the Earth acts as a perfect natural filter. There's also the factor of the minerals having some natural anti-bacterial properties.
For bottled water the hard plastic bottles are supposed to be better but the Poland Spring the OP mentioned comes in glass which is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Most bottled water comes from a municipal tap! Just like the water that comes out of your sink! Whoever thought up "bottled water" was an absolute GENIUS! If it truly comes from a "spring" somewhere, it's likely got more contaminents than your own "house" water has!
If your tap water has an "off" taste, simply refridgerate! That usually takes care of it and it's basically free!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times
We found that it also had sort of a tinny taste.. same thing with Nestle. We like Aquafina and Dasani--I hear Publix water is pretty good too..

Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
Default P.e.t.

"The 29 billion plastic water bottles produced for use in the United States each year require the equivalent of 17 million barrels of crude oil." [Credit: Chris Chidsey]

Complete article --> Scienceline » Does it cost more to recycle a plastic bottle than to make a new one? (broken link)

Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 AM

29 posts, read 199,903 times
Sorry - I'm with TampaKaren on this one... Can't keep dumping plastic - we all have a moral imperative to take care of our planet... Have you checked out a filtration system, here is a good comparison chart...

Compare Water Filters by: Amway - Aquasana - Brita - Culigan - Everpure - GE - Kenmore - PUR - Seagul

Old 02-27-2008, 08:29 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,384 times
Purchase anything spring... avoid filtered.

I worked for an ad agency and we did a study for a prospective client.

Some scary differences between the two.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 AM

320 posts, read 1,129,868 times
Do you have BJ's in Florida?

Up here in NJ, I buy 35 packs of Poland Spring from BJ's for $5.89.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay