Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 02:44 PM

76 posts, read 91,229 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Meadow Pointe but I get the Meadow Pointe News. Saw a list of 'reminder' deed restrictions:

1. residents may not park in the street: So guests can park in the street (as long as its not overnight) but residents may not?
2. no one may park against the sidewalk: I guess thats debatable. Depends on how many people live in the house and if everyone has a vehicle or not.
3. no one may park on the lawn.

So for these first 3 it sounds a tiny bit understandable but they assume they theres only going to be 2 cars, I think, per house. Also, perhaps they should have made the streets wider and the driveways longer so that there would be less of a problem with cars parking on over the sidewalk. That would be inconceivable though. We gotta pack 'em together like rats right?

4. Guests may not park in the street overnight: So...if you have enough vehicles to not cover the sidewalk and you have guests over for the holidays.. then where are they supposed to park? Sounds like they should have built some guests/overnight parking areas.

5. Boats, recreational vehicles and trailers of any kind may be kept only behind closed doors of a garage: So lets see..we have at their assumed minimum(up above that I thought they would assume, which of course is a little ridiculous) 2 cars per family which would undoubtedly fill up COMPLETELY the "2 car garage" and let me tell you the so called "2 car garages" only fit basic sedans. So any regular SUV or some minivans wouldn't even fit and even if one did, you would only have room for a boat.. maybe, but that forces the "owners" and I use that very loosely to buy only the boats that fit certain width/height criteria b/c you can't park in the "driveway" and you can't park it in the yard (even the back yard..if you even have one to begin with). So a family has a minivan and one car but they also have a boat so they buy the small boat but it has to be in the garage so one car as to come outside. so you have one more space for a car outside and thats assuming you don't have a big truck that would overhang past the sidewalk but if thats the case it probably never would have fit inside the garage anyway. I guess you see where I am going with all this

6. Any inoperable or unregistered vehicle must be behind closed doors of a garage: I could be on board with this as far broken down trucks standing on cement blocks for months and years on end. Theres no way to really know or even see clearly or notice a vehicle that is merely just inoperable.

7. Repair or restoration of vehicles is permitted only behind closed doors of a garage: Same as #6 i guess.

So basically if you have a big family and you own a boat, an ATV and/or other rec vehicle either you won't be able to buy a home in meadow pointe or if you already live there you won't be able to buy one because you would break one of more of these rules. What happens if you have kids that still live with you, under 'your' house and they each have a vehicle? You might as well make a rule that says, "no more than 4 vehicles of ANY kind are allowed to each household", b/c any more than 4 and you will be most likely breaking one of these rules, minimum. And this is assuming that you aren't going to have anything need for storage in the garage.

Wondering from those who live there whats its like.

Last edited by geeksweep; 12-01-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Are these new restrictions? I was just in Tampa for Thanksgiving and my parents live in Meadow Pointe, and I parked my car on the street overnight. I guess I broke the law!

Old 12-02-2015, 04:14 AM

473 posts, read 544,046 times
If you think that's bad check out Hunters Green. Your are not allowed to park in the driveway at all, vehicles must be in the garage and the garage door must always be closed.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 AM

769 posts, read 829,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
If you think that's bad check out Hunters Green. Your are not allowed to park in the driveway at all, vehicles must be in the garage and the garage door must always be closed.
A lot of deed restricted communities, mostly the gated ones, are like this.

I would not live in a community where they were that bad... it's ridiculous. Some places have restrictions that say the trash can cannot be put out until the morning and must be in by a certain time, in some cases, before you even get home from work

I'm all for deed restrictions, but some places take them too far and this is one example

Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
It's common regulations actually. And latest phase of Meadow Pointe, IV, prohibit parking on the driveway at all (for residents) - all cars must be parked inside the garage... Crazy! But, I am not sure how it really works out.

Meadow Pointe I and II are not the safest place now. A lot of teenagers with suspicions activities on the streets. I will not be surprised all these restrictions are just on the paper...

Old 12-02-2015, 06:59 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
I know Cheval allows overnight parking in the driveway.

Avila does not allow motorcycles, if a resident owns one it has to be trailered in/out of neighborhood.

Every association is different. I use to live in The Cove and was able to park boat in backyard. But wasn't allowed to park my work truck w/ company name/logo on it in my driveway. My truck is painted white so I bought some white magnet's and cut them to size so they covered name, logo, and phone #.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksweep View Post
I don't live in Meadow Pointe but I get the Meadow Pointe News. Saw a list of 'reminder' deed restrictions:

1. residents may not park in the street: So guests can park in the street (as long as its not overnight) but residents may not?
2. no one may park against the sidewalk: I guess thats debatable. Depends on how many people live in the house and if everyone has a vehicle or not.
3. no one may park on the lawn.

So for these first 3 it sounds a tiny bit understandable but they assume they theres only going to be 2 cars, I think, per house. Also, perhaps they should have made the streets wider and the driveways longer so that there would be less of a problem with cars parking on over the sidewalk. That would be inconceivable though. We gotta pack 'em together like rats right?

4. Guests may not park in the street overnight: So...if you have enough vehicles to not cover the sidewalk and you have guests over for the holidays.. then where are they supposed to park? Sounds like they should have built some guests/overnight parking areas.

5. Boats, recreational vehicles and trailers of any kind may be kept only behind closed doors of a garage: So lets see..we have at their assumed minimum(up above that I thought they would assume, which of course is a little ridiculous) 2 cars per family which would undoubtedly fill up COMPLETELY the "2 car garage" and let me tell you the so called "2 car garages" only fit basic sedans. So any regular SUV or some minivans wouldn't even fit and even if one did, you would only have room for a boat.. maybe, but that forces the "owners" and I use that very loosely to buy only the boats that fit certain width/height criteria b/c you can't park in the "driveway" and you can't park it in the yard (even the back yard..if you even have one to begin with). So a family has a minivan and one car but they also have a boat so they buy the small boat but it has to be in the garage so one car as to come outside. so you have one more space for a car outside and thats assuming you don't have a big truck that would overhang past the sidewalk but if thats the case it probably never would have fit inside the garage anyway. I guess you see where I am going with all this

6. Any inoperable or unregistered vehicle must be behind closed doors of a garage: I could be on board with this as far broken down trucks standing on cement blocks for months and years on end. Theres no way to really know or even see clearly or notice a vehicle that is merely just inoperable.

7. Repair or restoration of vehicles is permitted only behind closed doors of a garage: Same as #6 i guess.

So basically if you have a big family and you own a boat, an ATV and/or other rec vehicle either you won't be able to buy a home in meadow pointe or if you already live there you won't be able to buy one because you would break one of more of these rules. What happens if you have kids that still live with you, under 'your' house and they each have a vehicle? You might as well make a rule that says, "no more than 4 vehicles of ANY kind are allowed to each household", b/c any more than 4 and you will be most likely breaking one of these rules, minimum. And this is assuming that you aren't going to have anything need for storage in the garage.

Wondering from those who live there whats its like.

Because the people creating these by-laws WON'T actually live there, but entitle themselves to make the lives of those living there a living hell. The reason this crap continues to perpetuate is because people are too complacent. Only 3 people out 600 show up at our HOA meeting.

1. I am not sure how many working people have "broken down trucks"...or plan to have "broken down trucks"...

2. Builders DO NOT account for residents having any fun, having families, having families visiting them, and/or friends of any sort. They count on them being lonely retired spies up to no good peeking through their blinds! Hence the NO GUEST parking.

3. Builders aren't aware that "garages" aren't for storage aside from garden tools and holiday storage bins. So, most people moving here from up north where they had basements, have no choice but to store all their $hit in the garage, leaving the cars out.

4. DO NOT park on the sidewalk. Not because the HOA said so, but because moms DON'T WANT to take the stroller, or their kids learning how to bike in traffic. That is a matter of common sense and I've battling with my HOA over it for a while now, because these jerks keep parking their stupid cars over it, and I have to go in traffic to take a walk.

5. There are a few communities that are meant for RV owners. However, none of them are "in-town"; most are along I-4. And no, these builders don't want you to have a boat or an RV. They expect you to be a lonely retired spy up to no good peeking through the blinds.

6. You should also tell your kids to remain under ten and not drive; A household of 5, is not allowed to have 5 vehicles. Once your kids reach driving age you need to move further up the pasture.

7. The streets are too narrow. Builders do not account for people needing emergency services during their stay in their own homes. This is why HOAs read no parking. It's because the roads are too narrow for cars to be parked and emergency vehicle to pass also. Again, stupidity at it's best.

Builders are STUPID. They have NO BRAIN, and are not familiar with how people should be living. They put the laundry downstairs when ALL the bedrooms are upstairs....You can't get any dumber than that.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 AM

769 posts, read 829,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
They put the laundry downstairs when ALL the bedrooms are upstairs....You can't get any dumber than that.
Most houses here are only 1 story, so that's rarely an issue

Most of the rest of your post is a rant, especially about the basement thing. If people have too much crap to store, then they need to have a garage sale or get rid of it somehow

Old 12-02-2015, 08:10 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Yet, people will still buy houses in these places and complain after someone calls them out for breaking one of the rules. But at least they live in a "Good area".. Now back to complaining about the traffic on their one and only main road to these beautiful places.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:24 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Most houses here are only 1 story, so that's rarely an issue

Most of the rest of your post is a rant, especially about the basement thing. If people have too much crap to store, then they need to have a garage sale or get rid of it somehow
Good Luck with that...
Americans are known to be hoarders...You should see the garages next door to us. OMG I will post a pic as soon as I can get one...

Not a rant, the truth.

It may not be an issue to you, the laundry thing, but for those of us with CHILDREN it IS an issue. If I want to exercise I can go to the gym and not trek up and down the stairs with loads of laundry. #commonsense

.....and just because it doesn't bother you directly, that's hardly true for everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: