Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 7,069 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving to Tampa or Orlando. Really new to this site. Don't know if I'm doing it right. I have a son so schools are important. Just want to see if anyone has any suggestions on good neighborhoods to move to. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 06:57 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
Hey Shan,

Your note is very broad. Can you be a little more specific? Where do you plan to work? Do you want a house, condo, townhouse, apartment? What is your budget?

I think you will find many helpful people on the CD forum, but without a little more information, we really can't answer your question.

Thanks!
TampaKaren

Old 01-19-2008, 02:59 PM

I'm looking for a position in customer service or clerical. An apartment is fine with me, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 2 bath would be nice, but I know I'm probably stretching it. It's just my son and I. I would like to find an apartment for no more than $800 a month. I know that maybe some might say that's not enough or maybe I won't be in the type of neighborhood I want, but I figure it couldn't be any different than here. Everything is high, but there are some decent hidden places that you can get a good deal on at the right time.
If this isn't enough information, let me know....I am the one wanting advice.
Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,609 times
Whats wrong with Atlanta? And why do you want to move if it`s ok to ask?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Shan, we've never lived in Orlando OR Tampa, so take it for what it's worth. Of course Orlando has fabulous places and SeaWorld is one of the neatest places to visit. But we seemed to fit in more in the Tampa area. People seemed much happier and friendlier there and the traffic didn't seem as bad. And as far as friendliness~I'm not just talking about people in restaurants and stuff. It was just more widespread.

I've done a few searches and you can find apartments in the Tampa area for 800 a month. You can check out rent.com or apartments.com or apartment guide or move.com to get an idea of it. You can also go to this website to get a bit of info on the area the apartment is in. Each zip code will give you a bit of info if you click on it. Then you can also cross check by going to apartment ratings. Not sure how accurate it is since more disgruntled renters would probably post more then the happy ones. Anyway, the link with zips is below.

Tampa, Florida (FL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM

20 posts, read 79,937 times
I just moved to Orlando from Tampa due to my marriage, my husband attends school in Orlando, I miss Tampa ALOT, I was a single mom with 3 boys and I was renting a 3 bedroom house in Clearwater, all redone, found it on CraigsList for 1000.00 a month.

I say live in Clearwater/St. Pete, for schools not Tampa and Orlando to visit on the weekend! You always have something to do that doesnt cost money...the beach, in orlando you will spend money doing all the tourist stuff which is the main things to do on the weekends.

Also Citrus Park is nice area in tampa its close to Westchase which is Pricey but not as much because its not in Westchase but area was nice.

Tampa area is way more laid back than orlando, I've lived in orlando for 20 yrs before living in tampa for 10 and Im only back here for my new husband! Ive also been to Atlanta, nice palce but not for me, I love Tampa area! Look on Craigslist for places to rent, you can find nice houses and condos also there.

If you do move to Orlando, which is a great place also, i say unless you work at Disney dont live by it! Look in Winter Park, Maitland, Lake Mary, avoid the airport area, i now live in Maitland 3 bedroom apt for 1200, also azalea park can be nice.
I do recommend The Tampa area over Orlando anyday, tho! Good luck
Also, tons of customer service call centers in Tampa area and clerical

Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Alphaman:

I'm originally born and raised in Atlanta. I think it's a great place, but I think I need change. I've always wanted to move outside of the city and over the years I've just let things get in the way and make excuses. I feel as though if I don't move this year, I will just keep making excuses and before I know it, I'll be in my forties or fifties saying what if. Why I chose Florida? To be honest, that's another story some may critisize me for or rather may not understand

Old 02-04-2008, 05:30 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,609 times
Winter park is nice and close to downtown Orlando also maitland and altamonte springs are nice.

Avoid azalea park not sure why the other poster would recommend that area, if you like having your car broken into or stolen move there it`s crime ridden and dangerous at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay