Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:26 PM

769 posts, read 829,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
There is no area of Wesley Chapel that is in Hillsborough County.

I guess technically you are right. Do you consider the Wiregrass area New Tampa or Wesley Chapel

We are splitting hairs here... I said the schools are better on the Hillsborough side, which is accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 08:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
I guess technically you are right. Do you consider the Wiregrass area New Tampa or Wesley Chapel

We are splitting hairs here... I said the schools are better on the Hillsborough side, which is accurate.
I personally believe that school ratings are subject to interpretation as it comes down to the individual child what they are willing to put into their effort to succeed.

One of my kids started HS in a "C" school and the next year the school got an "A" rating and 2 years later they had a "B" rating as many kids were rezoned from families that were hardly speaking English and some other kids who hardly attended classes and their results were calculated into the overall grading of the school.

My child was in the advanced system and had great teachers and aside from a few kids who didn't feel to do much with their capability of having it easier to get good grades the program was very successful and part of the reason why the rating system got higher as these kids all scored well on test (almost all of them) and most of them ended with offers for scholarships to College... while in the same school other kids who lacked the effort or the ability to get good grades are weighing the school grading down but to me that doesn't mean the school is a bad school like some will make it sound when they only look at the grade the school is getting without the reason behind it.

Once I attended the parent/kid day and sat in class all day and it was a huge eye opener and shock to see kids sleeping in class while teachers were not saying anything about it and one teacher told me after class that instead saying something to the child as he had done many times he now ignored them and if that child got bad grades that was on the child as he didn't want to take time from other motivated kids to waste by talking to the sleeping kids and address their behavior as he had done many times before which my child stated he had done.

When parents aren't involved with their kids or talk to their kids about staying up very late for video games or other reasons that they fall asleep in class than it is to me not on the school to be blamed for.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Kids sleeping during classes at Wesley Chapel high schools... A rated schools. Way to go!!!

I would consider anything but Wesley Chapel. I am done with this crap and moving. Schools are horrible, traffic is annoying, no community spirit whatsoever. Crime rates are hiking and will only be going up with this malls developments and expensive communities.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:13 PM

We always advise that if you can only see negative things and not the positive things like many enthusiastic people have of living in the area they live, wherever that may be, then it is time to move and I believe there are plenty of renters or buyers who want to switch places with people who don't like it and want to explore else where.

I wish Enggirl all the best wherever it will take her.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:13 PM

182 posts, read 170,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post

We knew what you meant, and you're right. The southern side of WC near the county line has a distinctly different feel from the northern side (SR 54 and north). The northern side is what I'd call more "country", while the southern side seems more sophisticated. You can see the difference in the people you encounter in the Publix on 54 (country folks) versus the Publix on 56 (professionals).

The schools are great no matter what though. My kids and those of my neighbors have had great experiences at all WC locations and grade levels. You can't go wrong either way in terms of schools.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:14 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,528 times
Wesley Chapel / New Tampa is the only part of the Bay area I would live in. We don't have kids so schools do not matter (although "kids sleeping in class" is anecdotal and meaningless.) I have never seen or heard of any crime evidence in my experience here, but then this IS Florida people let's not kid ourselves the cesspool is never far away.
I have yet to see any part of greater Tampa/St Pete where traffic is not annoying. Though there are certainly areas worse than WC. Florida does a HORRIBLE job planning and maintaining roads and freeways. Sometimes you just have to laugh at how pathetically bad Florida has managed growth.
The insinuation that expensive communities will fuel crime is hilarious. So WC would be better off with low end housing? Seriously?
When we leave Wesley Chapel is will be to get the heck out of Florida. WC is the only thing keeping me from intense hate for this backwards moron magnet of a state.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
Wesley Chapel / New Tampa is the only part of the Bay area I would live in. We don't have kids so schools do not matter (although "kids sleeping in class" is anecdotal and meaningless.) I have never seen or heard of any crime evidence in my experience here, but then this IS Florida people let's not kid ourselves the cesspool is never far away.
I have yet to see any part of greater Tampa/St Pete where traffic is not annoying. Though there are certainly areas worse than WC. Florida does a HORRIBLE job planning and maintaining roads and freeways. Sometimes you just have to laugh at how pathetically bad Florida has managed growth.
The insinuation that expensive communities will fuel crime is hilarious. So WC would be better off with low end housing? Seriously?
When we leave Wesley Chapel is will be to get the heck out of Florida. WC is the only thing keeping me from intense hate for this backwards moron magnet of a state.
I agree with you as crime is all over the world and so far Wesley Chapel only reached National attention due to the movie shooting incident. There are many cities/ towns that have a way higher crime rate.

Unfortunately you can't leave cars and doors unlocked in 2015 and expect nobody to touch stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay