Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 AM

7 posts, read 5,714 times

Advertisements

I recently went to AvantGarde Urgent Care located on 5112 N. Habana Ave Tampa, FL 33614 is very affordable office visit started at $95 and they worked with a payment plan since I didnt have enough money to cover my visit. It is convenient you do not need appointment. I walked-in On christmas day at 7PM (As I was heading to the hospital) and found them on my way! I stopped there hoping for the best and they saw me as soon as I turned in my registration papers. I had been throwing up because the food I had gave me food poisoing, before they treat or do anything that will cost more they let you know the exact price. I was seen by a nice doctor, was given IV and a work excuse for the next day for under 300bucs. I loved this place and I recommend if you dont have insurance-813-801-9111 is their number, I now have it saved in my favorites, FORGET THE HOSPITAL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 09:01 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,325,221 times
Nice to know, but insurance or not, if I think I have food poisoning I am going straight to the ER.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 AM

That is exactly where I was heading, but lately I have heard about longer wait times in the ER because there is more people with insurance and less access to medical care, specially during a holiday. I'm glad I stopped at this place!

Old 12-29-2015, 11:18 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,793,310 times
Another good place is the CVS Minute Clinic. We have insurance, but we also have a very high deductible. It's super cheap there, and you just walk in as needed.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Another good place is the CVS Minute Clinic. We have insurance, but we also have a very high deductible. It's super cheap there, and you just walk in as needed.
Do they have actual doctors? I hate going places where its always a nurse practicioner or physician assistants. I much rather be seen by MDs or DOs.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:44 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,778,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez139 View Post
I recently went to AvantGarde Urgent Care located on 5112 N. Habana Ave Tampa, FL 33614 is very affordable office visit started at $95 and they worked with a payment plan since I didnt have enough money to cover my visit. It is convenient you do not need appointment. I walked-in On christmas day at 7PM (As I was heading to the hospital) and found them on my way! I stopped there hoping for the best and they saw me as soon as I turned in my registration papers. I had been throwing up because the food I had gave me food poisoing, before they treat or do anything that will cost more they let you know the exact price. I was seen by a nice doctor, was given IV and a work excuse for the next day for under 300bucs. I loved this place and I recommend if you dont have insurance-813-801-9111 is their number, I now have it saved in my favorites, FORGET THE HOSPITAL!
We had exactly the same experience with 3 urgent cares we had to visit in Wesley Chapel/New Tampa/Land O Lakes areas. Even the prices were pretty much the same. I guess it's standard now.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Great! its always a great idea to know where to go when you need immediate attention! I live in Tampa and Highly recommend AvantGarde Urgent Care! what is the name of the urgent cares in Wesley Chapel, Land o Lakes and New Tampa that you recommend? I have Family in Land O Lakes and its good to have urgent care's names in handy

Old 01-04-2016, 10:00 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,778,446 times
MedExpress Urgent Care - New Tampa
10 to 10 Urgent Care
MedExpress Urgent Care - Lutz

Personal great experience with all these 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay