Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 10:41 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I never understood why if Reeves felt threatened he didn't just tell or show Oulsen "I have a gun" or even shorter "I'm armed"??? Believe Oulsen would have retreated...his wife was right next to him...he had young children...Reeves could have just held him at gunpoint and waited for police to arrive...why pull gun and bam shoot??? Clearly Reeves was enraged...he was a well experienced leo not some bumbling idiot with a gun...Reeves lost his head and in a split second killed a man needlessly... if he had just paused shown the gun or said "I have a gun" and Oulsen still went for him...well whole different ballgame...
Or not. Oulsen could have had other responses to the statement.

The case is not a question of morals or politeness. Its a question tol be answered. Did Curtis Reeves exercise deadly force legally. Nothing else matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 10:58 AM

7,115 posts, read 8,600,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Or not. Oulsen could have had other responses to the statement.

The case is not a question of morals or politeness. Its a question tol be answered. Did Curtis Reeves exercise deadly force legally. Nothing else matters.
But I'm sure the prosecution will include lesser charges? The fact that Oulsen's wife was struck or others could have been hurt would include a wreckless disregard or whatever it's called here in Florida...I mean they may not get him on the top count...considering Florida juries...

Old 01-07-2016, 11:32 AM

I wonder. She put her hand in the line of fire - I wonder why she felt that was necessary.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,783,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I wonder. She put her hand in the line of fire - I wonder why she felt that was necessary.
She was trying to restrain her husband, to hold him back from physically assaulting the old man.
That's how the back of her hand took the bullet.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:57 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,783,973 times
If you are not justified to shoot, then you are also not justified to brandish.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
She was trying to restrain her husband, to hold him back from physically assaulting the old man.
That's how the back of her hand took the bullet.
Oh. I see. That only backs up Reeves thinking further attack with harm was forthcoming. I guess it also shows how it was Oulson being a tough guy that got him shot. Tough guy pcking on an old man. Thought he was big and bad.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:47 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,765,428 times
Oh pleeeeeaaaase!!! Poor Reeves, a former Tampa Police Captain... Sure enough he was afraid popcorn will kill him, so he had to use stay your ground law. haha. LOL. Sorry Reeves supporters but your body had a problem dealing with his temper.
He created the conflict, escalated it, and then used a gun because that was his only power to control his anger. Just think about it - we are talking about formal Tampa Police CAPTAIN! Reeves is not going any good for people who still in Police...
Cannot wait for trail to start. Anything could happen in this Country, so I have no hopes justice will be served...

Old 01-07-2016, 05:19 PM

7,115 posts, read 8,600,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Oh pleeeeeaaaase!!! Poor Reeves, a former Tampa Police Captain... Sure enough he was afraid popcorn will kill him, so he had to use stay your ground law. haha. LOL. Sorry Reeves supporters but your body had a problem dealing with his temper.
He created the conflict, escalated it, and then used a gun because that was his only power to control his anger. Just think about it - we are talking about formal Tampa Police CAPTAIN! Reeves is not going any good for people who still in Police...
Cannot wait for trail to start. Anything could happen in this Country, so I have no hopes justice will be served...
Agree 100%...

Old 01-14-2016, 02:08 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,765,428 times
I am a little puzzled... On Wed. victim's wife filed a civil lawsuit against Cobb theatre... Why? Can she do it 2 years later? Her action will hurt theater and not the person who killed her husband (reeves). Am I missing something?

"In her lawsuit she blames the land developer, the theater, and a single employee in her husband's death"... What the F???!? I know how it works in this county, her attorney talked to her about money and all this, but I personally don't support her on this one and I lose my respect and support to her (and not gaining it towards Reeves though). She is about money now... OK Wesley Chapel neighbors, get ready for either increased ticket prices or to say good buy to this movie theater...

Last edited by EngGirl; 01-14-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 03:02 PM

6,583 posts, read 4,959,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I am a little puzzled... On Wed. victim's wife filed a civil lawsuit against Cobb theatre... Why? Can she do it 2 years later? Her action will hurt theater and not the person who killed her husband (reeves). Am I missing something?

"In her lawsuit she blames the land developer, the theater, and a single employee in her husband's death"... What the F???!? I know how it works in this county, her attorney talked to her about money and all this, but I personally don't support her on this one and I lose my respect and support to her (and not gaining it towards Reeves though). She is about money now... OK Wesley Chapel neighbors, get ready for either increased ticket prices or to say good buy to this movie theater...
Civil lawsuits involve monetary settlements not criminal charges.
Cobb is a chain so it wouldnt just affect WC residents, I am sure they are insured, I would imagine she needs money being that her husband can no longer provide his share of the household income. You are more likely to see metal detectors since I am sure the suit revolves around Cobb not enforcing their no weapons policy, anyway the lawyers will argue their side the judge will figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay