Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

It is like talking to a wall with this guy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
You'd tell your wife to "sit down and shut your f-ing mouth"? That's nice!
You honestly feel Reeves feels remorseful?
If she could be making statements in a situation where those statements could be used against me, yes.

"can't believe what I've just done" - is that a remorseful statement?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:40 AM

How? Because he had fear instilled in him by his attacker. Arent you paying attention?

This has been asked and answered several times in this thread.

As I said, it is irrelevant as to what his wife 'knew' or did not know.

I really am not surprised how many of you would stand by and wait for physical harm to be put upon you.
Willing victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
And how do you explain Reeves, who was a cop for so many years, pulling a gun in a theater and firing? Even his wife knew he shouldn't have done that. Oh yes, but he was in fear for his life!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 AM
KPB KPB started this thread

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How? Because he had fear instilled in him by his attacker. Arent you paying attention?

This has been asked and answered several times in this thread.

As I said, it is irrelevant as to what his wife 'knew' or did not know.

I really am not surprised how many of you would stand by and wait for physical harm to be put upon you.
Willing victims.
Maybe just some of us are level headed and have enough common sense not to put ourselves in a situation like Reeves put himself in. You would think that Reeves would as well w/ his background but I guess that popcorn had extra butter on it and a little got in his eye and apparently it hurt him so bad he had to pull out his little gun and shoot the man. And doing so ruined the rest of his and his family's life. Big p*ssy!

Last edited by KPB; 03-04-2017 at 11:47 AM..

Old 03-04-2017, 11:46 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If Reeves is such a person you describe tell me why in 71 years of life NEVER had any altercations or shoot it up matters?
so, I am not following, why the defense team now trying to play on his age and how his behaviors had changed....? People change. Old people who by nature are control freaks are losing it sooner or later... He was a ticking bomb really.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:47 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Maybe just some of us are level headed and have enough common sense not to put ourselves in a situation like Reeves put himself in. You would think that Reeves would as well w/ his background but I guess that popcorn had extra butter on it and a little got in his eye and apparently it hurt him so bad he had to pull out his little gun and shoot the man. And doing so ruined the rest of his and his family's life. Big p*ssy!
Pretty much. Any sensible human being would know not to pull a gun in that situation.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
That could be a good question for the judge after she denies his motion next week

Reeves said it himself right after the killing according to the off duty law enforcement officer (who has absolutely no reason to lie) that he "can't believe what I've just done" then his wife says "that was no reason to shoot him" which he then told her to "sit down and shut your f-ing mouth".
Those are very, very powerful statements.....said directly after the killing. And, noticeably, neither Reeves will now admit to saying those exact words.
exactly!!!
I also noticed how people related to the killer forgot exact words haha

What got me is how quick it all happened. You can clearly see frying popcorn and in exact same moment gun shot.... Killer intended to use the gun after escalated this situation otherwise his reaction was too fast for such a sick and old man as his defense is now claiming he is...
It's all pretty simple - great example of lack of self control and what happens when it's not going the way control freak wants...

Old 03-04-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It is like talking to a wall with this guy people.
For sure! And it said, because we now know there are more people with Reeve's attitude...

Old 03-04-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
hey, stop helping the defense team here! They now know they can use butter in the eye excuse!!!

Old 03-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Yeah, just keep focusing on the popcorn, mis-guided perceptions of a man none of has ever met and remain oblivious to the situation at hand.

Reeves did not put himself in a situation. Oulson created a situation when he let his tough guy behavior take over, stood up and faced Reeves. There was no reason for him to get up unless it was to move away from Reeves but instead he ramped up his attack and after Reeves already felt a sense of apprehensiveness due to having a man towering before him in a rage, Oulson, seeing no response from Reeves, decided to make it physical. Reeves feeling of apprehension turned to pure fear pulled his little gun and fired which immediately ended the threatening situation.

The issue is not texting, it's not about Oulson responding to Reeves request with foul language, it's not about throwing popcorn (although Oulson committed a felony by snatching Reeves' property) and the issue is not what Reeves said to his wife. However the issue is that Oulson made a physical attack upon Reeves which Reeves beleived was about to escalate further. Reeves terminated the situation that Oulson began.

Once again - the only person that committed any crimes in this incident was Oulson who obviously had the thought "this old man is going to get his butt kicked for complaining about me" not even considering that Reeves could possibly do him any harm.

Since you cannot come up with anything logical to support you position you and others use totally off the wall statements such as ' I guess that popcorn had extra butter on it and a little got in his eye and apparently it hurt him so bad he had to pull out his little gun and shoot the man', 'killer is a good example of someone with power (gun in this case) being 100% bully.', etc.

I would say that if Reeves was such a maniac he would have tapped Oulson on the shoulder with the gun and state "if you dont put that phone away right now I am going to blow your brains out" you all would have reason to back up your posts.

I have held my position from my first posting without waivering while others have given nothing that justfies Oulson's actions.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay