U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,281,526 times

Advertisements

North Carolina is fine...it's not St. Petersburg. I can't even stand it anymore.

I just had to post that.

St. Pete is the greatest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
North Carolina is fine...it's not St. Petersburg. I can't even stand it anymore.

I just had to post that.

St. Pete is the greatest.
How interesting!! There have been so many people who left Fla. and are now returning. So what is your reason~weather, crime, people? What makes you prefer ST. Pete?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,281,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
How interesting!! There have been so many people who left Fla. and are now returning. So what is your reason~weather, crime, people? What makes you prefer ST. Pete?
The scenery/nature, the water, and the sheer weirdness of Florida, esp. Tampa Bay and Pinellas County

I miss all of the birds, the dolphins, the manatees, the bay, and the gulf. The lizards, the palm trees, the grand oaks, the brief, intense rains. I still read the St. Petersburg Times every day and there's always some bizarre news...I keep up on the development downtown...I miss the Cuban culture of Tampa...eh, the whole thing. Really at heart I'm a Floridian.

I do miss the weather a little bit; I find the summer in North Carolina much more intolerable but not all ex-Floridians share that sentiment!

What I don't miss: being severely underpaid for my job and not being able to afford a house! Also, I find the food much better here in the NC Triangle, but I'll make the sacrifice if I can EVER find a decent paying writing job back in the Tampa Bay area

Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 AM

384 posts, read 2,074,765 times
I lived in St Pete for 13 years before moving to NC. After 2 years we are heading back down there, once we sell our house here! I am excited, except we are moving to Pasco Co. this time. Will be close to Pinellas tho and all our old places to go!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 AM

15,838 posts, read 33,178,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
The scenery/nature, the water, and the sheer weirdness of Florida, esp. Tampa Bay and Pinellas County

I miss all of the birds, the dolphins, the manatees, the bay, and the gulf. The lizards, the palm trees, the grand oaks, the brief, intense rains. I still read the St. Petersburg Times every day and there's always some bizarre news...I keep up on the development downtown...I miss the Cuban culture of Tampa...eh, the whole thing. Really at heart I'm a Floridian.

I do miss the weather a little bit; I find the summer in North Carolina much more intolerable but not all ex-Floridians share that sentiment!

What I don't miss: being severely underpaid for my job and not being able to afford a house! Also, I find the food much better here in the NC Triangle, but I'll make the sacrifice if I can EVER find a decent paying writing job back in the Tampa Bay area
LOL - my hubby and I have a vacation home in Asheville, NC, and had intended on retiring there someday. Well, after two years, the glow has worn off - the mountains and seasons are gorgeous, and while there is wildlife there, it's not as colorful as Florida's. And Asheville is changing and gentrifying at an alarming rate, becoming expensive and losing all of it's quirky Bohemian "funk" which is what drew us to it in the first place.

So now, we have that house up for sale and are commited to FLORIDA ALL THE WAY! Love, love, love it here in Lakeland, and we are going to buy ourselves a bigger nicer house here when that Asheville pad sells!

Yup, I guess I'll always be a Floridian, born here and probably die here. Hubby been here a long time and he feels the same way!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:14 AM

367 posts, read 1,572,888 times
Nice to hear folks moving back - Pinellas county is not all that bad then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or