Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:37 PM

48 posts, read 71,379 times

Advertisements

They are literally cracking down now and I got pulled over earlier BUT it was not for driving slow in the fast lane. It looks like I was going too fast even though the cop clearly saw that I used the left lane for a passing lane. I also told him that too that all I hear about is how you cant go slow in the left. So I don't get it. It seems backwards to me. There was hardly any traffic up by Clearwater or kind of near the Oldsmar Dunedin exit so I went a little faster or around 70-75 which a lot of people I am sure do. I guess they really want to keep slow moving traffic the same so if you show you wanna get moving and you like the fact theres very little traffic, they pull you too.. I just don't get it.. Thankfully I got a warning though. But for real it seems like they want to keep the traffic flow slow along that freeway and frankly, I don't get why. Unless its just on highways like 275 where they are cracking down on left lane slowpokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 12:02 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,834,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternadude View Post
There was hardly any traffic up by Clearwater or kind of near the Oldsmar Dunedin exit so I went a little faster or around 70-75 which a lot of people I am sure do.
75 is 20 over on that stretch. That's not exactly what I'd call "a little faster" but nice try though.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:14 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,528,908 times
Your lucky you didn't get a ticket.
I usually drive 10 mph over posted speed on interstates without getting pulled over but not on roads.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
75mph on hwy19? and you are wondering why you got a ticket?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:08 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,901,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
75mph on hwy19? and you are wondering why you got a ticket?

Old 02-21-2016, 06:27 AM

149 posts, read 145,593 times
Well the law is you can't go 15 under the speed limit AND you have to go with the flow of traffic...so if everyone is going a certain speed you have to maintain that speed in the left unless you're about to turn left at an intersection...its a tricky law...if everyone on the left was going 70, you'd have to go 70 as well to keep up with the flow of traffic or you can get a ticket...but you could still get a ticket if you're speeding...its like a catch 22.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,025,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternadude View Post
They are literally cracking down now and I got pulled over earlier BUT it was not for driving slow in the fast lane. It looks like I was going too fast even though the cop clearly saw that I used the left lane for a passing lane. I also told him that too that all I hear about is how you cant go slow in the left. So I don't get it. It seems backwards to me. There was hardly any traffic up by Clearwater or kind of near the Oldsmar Dunedin exit so I went a little faster or around 70-75 which a lot of people I am sure do. I guess they really want to keep slow moving traffic the same so if you show you wanna get moving and you like the fact theres very little traffic, they pull you too.. I just don't get it.. Thankfully I got a warning though. But for real it seems like they want to keep the traffic flow slow along that freeway and frankly, I don't get why. Unless its just on highways like 275 where they are cracking down on left lane slowpokes.
Uh oh! Maybe you can flash your brights at the cop too.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
I doubt the reason you got pulled over had anything to do with what lane you were in and everything to do with the speed you were driving on the type of road hwy19 is.Its not an interstate and has much turning access on and off the road and many traffic lights.75mph on such a road is a recipe for disaster.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:49 AM

30,476 posts, read 21,329,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I doubt the reason you got pulled over had anything to do with what lane you were in and everything to do with the speed you were driving on the type of road hwy19 is.Its not an interstate and has much turning access on and off the road and many traffic lights.75mph on such a road is a recipe for disaster.
Only place i would i do 75+ on US19 would be in Hernado county or in Levy county since there is nothing around or traffic.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:41 AM

201 posts, read 238,290 times
>>75mph on hwy19? and you are wondering why you got a ticket?<<
Exactly what I was going to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay