Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 AM

4 posts, read 3,989 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, we are moving to the Tampa area and we are trying to find some good areas to look in. Is the Brandon area nice? Would like to find a newer upcoming area. We were looking at Westchase as well. Any other suggestions that you guys might have?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 AM

201 posts, read 237,825 times
Where will you be working?

Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
Where will you be working?

Agree completely on this. I lived in Tampa for 6 1/2 years, miss it terribly. The only thing I don't miss - the traffic!

I lived in New Tampa when I was there... I liked it there and I worked downtown. It was not too bad of a commute. Hubby worked in Temple Terrace.

If your job is hypothetically in Temple Terrace- Brandon wouldn't be a bad commute. Westchase - no way!

Old 02-14-2016, 10:15 AM

350 posts, read 333,418 times
I can suggest a realtor that was "given" to us by the relocation company when we moved from Indiana to Tampa almost 8 years ago. She was amazing and I would be happy to send her info if you pm me..

Old 02-15-2016, 04:05 AM

I am actually working remote. But just in case I decide to leave the company, I would like to find a good area. We looked at Land O Lakes and really liked some of the neighborhoods over there.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:38 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisco22 View Post
I am actually working remote. But just in case I decide to leave the company, I would like to find a good area. We looked at Land O Lakes and really liked some of the neighborhoods over there.
Sounds like you prefer to live inland rather than near the water. I am not familiar with Land O Lakes but have been to Wesley Chapel which has some nice areas.

As far as traffic goes, drive around during rush hour and find out yourself. Tampa has periods of heavier traffic but compared to Atlanta, where I lived for 30+ years, traffic here is nothing.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 AM

I live in Nashville right now. We will be heading back down in a few weeks, so i will definitely drive into town during rush hour to see how it is. We were going to leave today, but the weather wasn't looking to good with snow coming through TN.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I live in Nashville right now. We will be heading back down in a few weeks, so i will definitely drive into town during rush hour to see how it is. We were going to leave today, but the weather wasn't looking to good with snow coming through TN.
Sunny all week with highs in the low to mid 70s here. Perfect weather.

Have you got a list of potential areas to visit? When I looked several years ago, I drew a semicircle of radius 25 miles from Tampa and then researched communities within that area. It took me 3 days to decide where we would live (although I spent 2 more enjoying and confirming my choice).

Old 02-15-2016, 04:57 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much what we did. Looked at certain areas with certain prices on houses, median incomes, etc. we visited several places. Probably more to visit. We originally started in Orlando and figure the tourists would get old. Traffic is horrible over there. So we migrated Tampa way and found it to be a lot better. So far, Land O Lakes and Lutz are two areas that we like. Still a small town feel and all but decent distance from the city.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much what we did. Looked at certain areas with certain prices on houses, median incomes, etc. we visited several places. Probably more to visit. We originally started in Orlando and figure the tourists would get old. Traffic is horrible over there. So we migrated Tampa way and found it to be a lot better. So far, Land O Lakes and Lutz are two areas that we like. Still a small town feel and all but decent distance from the city.
Also, have a look at Plant City and Lakeland which are on I-4 between Orlando and Tampa. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay