Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 06:59 AM

147 posts, read 157,925 times

Advertisements

Is sub leasing your apartment a right in Florida? It is in Chicago. I read that in Florida it's not a law and up to individual lease if they want to allow you to sub lease your apartment. Is this true?

Looking into this just in case there is the chance I do not like Florida after moving down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 08:31 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
It's not a right, per se, as it's not against the law as far as state statutes go. That being said, it's actually considered a part of the lease agreement as to whether or not the lessor allows subletting.

In other words, you can sublet a leased property in Florida - if the lease allows it.

RM

Old 07-08-2018, 07:32 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
If my tenants subleased without my consent I’d evict them. There is a reason you go through a vetting process, if the tenant subleases on their own, there is no vetting process from the owner’s standpoint. God bless Florida!

Old 07-08-2018, 07:47 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Crazy, that any city/State/County, allows that to be a right!

The house belongs to the owner. I could see it be different if the government owns the housing but I doubt the government will just allow that, however we know how governments waste a lot of tax payers money.

Btw we know how bad Chicago is run and how unsafe that city is and nothing has been changed over the last decade to make it any better.

Hopefully the crime from Chicago doesn’t come over here.

Having said that, if your lease doesn’t allow subleasing then it is NOT allowed and evictions in Tampa Bay go fast. Not a 3-6 month or longer time frame but often 30 day and out or even less.

We also have public records which means the second the eviction is filed it can be seen by anyone.

Our leases always offer lease break fees. So no need to leave as thief in the night but be honest and don’t get your credit/background be ruined.

Our experience is that tenants moving here from out of state have a way higher percentage of breaking the lease then tenants moving here from a different rental and being here for a long time.

The heat, lower salaries are often not their Disney mind set to move here.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:31 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Btw we know how bad Chicago is run and how unsafe that city is and nothing has been changed over the last decade to make it any better.
"Nonprofit news outlet The Trace released a report showing homicide rates per 100,000 residents in major U.S. cities over the past five years, finding that Chicago is nowhere near the top of the list. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#e83b0fc50da1

Fox News talking points: They're destroyed pretty quickly with a quick Google search.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 AM

147 posts, read 157,925 times
Tenant rights lean far towards tenant in Chicago

Old 07-08-2018, 12:04 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Not in Florida. For the most part of what I have seen and experienced, which is limited, they seem pretty balanced.

RM

Old 07-08-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
"Nonprofit news outlet The Trace released a report showing homicide rates per 100,000 residents in major U.S. cities over the past five years, finding that Chicago is nowhere near the top of the list. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#e83b0fc50da1

Fox News talking points: They're destroyed pretty quickly with a quick Google search.
By sheer numbers Chicago has a lot of murders but it has a huge population, per capita it’s NOT dangerous. I felt very safe there, you just don’t want to live in thr bad parts.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:22 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
By sheer numbers Chicago has a lot of murders but it has a huge population, per capita it’s NOT dangerous. I felt very safe there, you just don’t want to live in thr bad parts.
I mean, it's called a "bad part" for a reason. I can't think of any city where somebody would tell me, "Oh, that's the bad part!" that I would want to visit/live in.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I mean, it's called a "bad part" for a reason. I can't think of any city where somebody would tell me, "Oh, that's the bad part!" that I would want to visit/live in.
In San Francisco, you can live in the bad part and it’s nothing compared to the bad prt of Chicago. Chicago’s sheer number of murders are quite concentrated to a few areas, that isn’t the case for all cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: