Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 05:11 PM

25 posts, read 196,558 times

Advertisements

Do snakes or spiders nest in AC's and furnaces? Are the furnaces located in the attic in this area since there isnt a basement?? Do you really have to worry about spiders & creepy bugs in your bed ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Never heard of a furnance in an attic, lol. This is Florida and bugs and snakes don't care where they nest, could be any place. As far as bugs in your beds, never had any living here. Most people have an exterminator come and do the inside and outside of their houses done on a monthly basis.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
lol...you mustv stumbled upon the banana spider thread...
in most regards,id say no....yes,every so often you'll come across palmetto bugs..and fire ants..glad we dont have them out here yet....
as for snakes,...cant imagine them comming indoors in most places...
and as for crossing paths with anything dangerous...maybe out in the woods..
except for the occasional black widow spider...the presance of the brown recluse is still considered scattered or local..and more often..you might see huntsman spiders..they're big,no doubt,but aren't dangerous...

Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Most homes have central heat and air. The unit is outside with the coil/intake in the garage. I lived in FL 30 years and never had a snake in or around my house. The only spiders I ever saw were 'Daddy longlegs' well that is what we called them. They eat bugs so you are bound to see them, along with lizards.

No spiders in the bed either.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,960 times
Default bugs

You will on occassion see Scorpions, the ones I have seen are small and can hurt if you get stung, years ago, I used to hang the kids bathing suits on the Lani, well, my little boy 6 age the time went to put on his bathing tunks and started screaming and jumping all around, yes, there was a Scorpion in the tunks he got bite 4 times before we got the tunks off, called the doctor immediately, she said not to worry they were not poisoneous and to put ice.
I never, never put the bathing suits on the Lani again.

One year I had a family of black snakes (three to be exact) they following the cage screening following each other, I was scared $%% thinking they would crawl under the sliding glass door, picked up my daughter (toddler) and ran to the driveway and waited for Hubby to get home.

Palmetto bugs are the worst, I hate them, have the house sprayed each year
and knock on wood no bugs....it can get expensive to spray the yard/inside
but if you don't like bugs, well spraying can give you peace of mind.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM

25 posts, read 196,558 times
Thanks for the info! A lot of older homes here in Minnesota have furnaces in the attic..
we were just wondering because my husband does heating & air so he's going to be going into a lot of homes. Hopefully many people spray for bugs!! He's afraid of what he's going to encounter with those that dont spray!... ew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay