Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,003,847 times

Advertisements

What are some good reputable dealers to buy from in North Tampa? Are the chains like Mattress Firm / Bed Pros okay, or are department stores better (JC Penney, Sears)? And, if they remove your old mattress, how do you make sure you don't get bed bugs if they remove other people's mattresses with the same delivery truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 05:40 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,770,629 times
I'd think the new mattress comes wrapped in plastic. That should be enough, but you do make a point.

In a big fan of Casper. It's all I'd buy at this point.

https://casper.com

I'm not involved with the company, just like there mattress. Bought one for the guest bedroom. I plan to replace our aged Sleep Number with one as well.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:02 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,761,416 times
Depending on what you are looking for I would recommend you check out local Sam's and Costco. They have some pretty good quality mattresses and Costso's return policy is great too in case something happens to your mattress.

I would recommend to stay away from Mattress Firm and Mattress One. Their prices are unrealistic. We had a better luck with Bed Pros because we negotiated price very well with them. By the way, some of their mattresses are avail. on Amazon (after testing mattresses in the store, write the name down and search on Amazon). Amazon delivers for free and most sellers will arrange old mattress pick up for free. However, Amazon is cheaper only if you are looking for mattress without box.

Rule number one for mattress stores - never ever buy mattress in the first store you visited! And never pay ticket price. Push for free delivery/ removal of old one. Cut their crap about warranty - it covers extreme cases only which are rare. You might end up coming back to the store few times to get a good deal.

If it's not a primary mattress but one for guest room, I would look into online shopping in sites like wayfair. Read reviews. I ordered 3 mattresses for kids there and never had any problems, and kids never complained either.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:54 PM

77 posts, read 107,272 times
Casper all the way, free delivery, costs half the price of temperpedic with more benefits

Old 02-20-2016, 08:14 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,329,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I'd think the new mattress comes wrapped in plastic. That should be enough, but you do make a point.

In a big fan of Casper. It's all I'd buy at this point.

https://casper.com

I'm not involved with the company, just like there mattress. Bought one for the guest bedroom. I plan to replace our aged Sleep Number with one as well.
I can vouch for that. I bought Casper when I moved last year. Perfect mattress.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,827,634 times
Matter Brothers is where my parents got theirs and two for their guest room from. Good pricing and the quality looks good.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:04 AM

471 posts, read 541,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Depending on what you are looking for I would recommend you check out local Sam's and Costco. They have some pretty good quality mattresses and Costso's return policy is great too in case something happens to your mattress.

I would recommend to stay away from Mattress Firm and Mattress One. Their prices are unrealistic. We had a better luck with Bed Pros because we negotiated price very well with them. By the way, some of their mattresses are avail. on Amazon (after testing mattresses in the store, write the name down and search on Amazon). Amazon delivers for free and most sellers will arrange old mattress pick up for free. However, Amazon is cheaper only if you are looking for mattress without box.

Rule number one for mattress stores - never ever buy mattress in the first store you visited! And never pay ticket price. Push for free delivery/ removal of old one. Cut their crap about warranty - it covers extreme cases only which are rare. You might end up coming back to the store few times to get a good deal.

If it's not a primary mattress but one for guest room, I would look into online shopping in sites like wayfair. Read reviews. I ordered 3 mattresses for kids there and never had any problems, and kids never complained either.
Another vote for Bed Pros. We got a big discount negotiating with them by paying cash and lump in the tax+delivery in one price vs Macy's already discounted holiday "sale" price. Might've helped that it was a rainy day and there were no other customers while we haggled.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:09 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,761,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post
Another vote for Bed Pros. We got a big discount negotiating with them by paying cash and lump in the tax+delivery in one price vs Macy's already discounted holiday "sale" price. Might've helped that it was a rainy day and there were no other customers while we haggled.
I've got a discount around $500 from what was specified on the "sale" ticket of the mattress we've got (including box)+ free delivery + free removal of old mattress + free pillows + free mattress protection cover. It was about 30% discount on price only and even more if you look at their online price for exact same mattress. Honestly I don't think sales guy liked me when I left on day 2, but who cares?
Surprisingly I am enjoying my new pillow way more than anything else right now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay