Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 13,252 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone. My husband, 3 year old and I are making a long distance move to the Wesley Chapel area. I have been searching this forum for tips and it has given us a HUGE insight. But would love some more direction, specific to our needs. We have already visited and pin pointed "North Tampa", mainly Wesley Chapel that (from the surface and research) we have loved the most. We will be renting for the 1st year (possibly 2) to make sure it's where we want our forever home to be. We could def see the transition from renting to buying/building in this area, which is our goal. The crime rating does raise awareness, I am originally from NY - well traveled and completely aware crime is everywhere and it often comes from perspective - however I am curious to hear some feedback regarding the low crime rating. We are in our mid 30's and the party days are behind us, so looking for family friendly, good school systems, not busy, but shopping and things to do nearby. Finding a realtor has been challenging as well. We were directed to use Zillow and Trulia and are finding most homes are by American Homes 4 Rent (which has horrible ratings) Invitation Homes (also doesn't have the best ratings) so would LOVE some insight on the best realtor or if Craigslist is the way to go for a rental. I hope I have provided enough info and look forward to hearing feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 01:56 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
In Fl. it may be different than what you are used to but over here the best way with rentals is to call the listing agent or office.
Rentals go fast so you won't have much time to decide or you risk to loose out.

Be aware of online application filings when it's mentioned that the company isn't responsible if more than one party will apply at the same time. Usually that means you just will loose out of your money.
Just this week we heard that story from two different people and that is what some companies have been doing for a while.
Good luck. Wesley Chapel is a great area which is booming.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 AM

182 posts, read 170,672 times
Wesley Chapel is terrific. You're going to love it here.

A couple of pieces of insight...

The southern side has a population that is more of a professional vibe, whereas the northern side is more of a country vibe. Both are fine, just different.

The commute from Wesley Chapel during rush hour isn't the greatest. Hopefully you have a plan to avoid it ( work from home, work in Wesley Chapel, or work off-peak hours).

Crime of the random variety is virtually non-existent. You would feel perfectly safe no matter where you go in Wesley Chapel.

Best of luck on your move.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,801,829 times
Please be careful with craigslist adds, if something sounds too good to be truth - don't waste your time.

We have few homes we have as our rental properties in Wesley Chapel and we normally advertise it on Zillow (we are not using property management companies).

As for schools, always check what schools you will be zoned to before moving. School boundaries are changing.

What exactly you are looking for and what is your budget?

Old 03-11-2016, 08:48 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Wesley Chapel is very nice and crime isn't an issue. And there's been so much developement there in the past decade, there are shops galore.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:04 AM

Thank you ALL for your help! Ideally we would like a 4 bedroom with a fence! We have 2 dogs and a 3 year old, that I would like to keep "contained' :-) Max $1700! We are flexible, I have seen a lot of homes that are 3 bed, but have an office area, which would work for us!!! I work from home and my husband works a 2 week on 2 week off rotation, so daily commute is not an issue for us.

I have been using Zillow, plugging the house into see what school it's zoned for, as I did see this come up quite frequently!!! It just seems that most of the homes listed on Zillow and Trulia are with those "big companies" that don't seem to have the best ratings, and mostly what I am seeing is that the houses look beautiful, but are not well maintained. Is there a local rental agency that anyone can refer me too? I have had NO luck! I have been seeing that rentals go quick, I will be flying in soon and are ready to look and sign a lease, the problem just has been finding an agent to call me back or has more than 1 home to show.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:10 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,801,829 times
Don't use Zillow to determine what school house is zoned to. Besides Zillow showing wrong info (for instance I saw homes zoned to Watergrass Elementary in reality but were showing zoned to Wesley Chapel Elementary), school boundaries for elementary schools in Wesley Chapel will be changing starting next school and Zillow most likely will not be showing it for a while as it was before.
Use this site instead: Pasco County Schools

Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Double check regarding schools if that is a major issue for you as the last I have heard is that some elementary re-zoning will not happen as earlier was planned and no changes be made for a certain area.

Hotpads and rent linx are also good websites to use but keep in mind,that you have to double check if the house is not in foreclosure and if the person you are dealing with is a legitimate representative.
Sometimes our realtor for rent ads are hacked by criminals and show up with almost the same info and pics but for lower amount and the have security deposit send through wiring money or mailing money site unseen.
If you can't speak to a real person or they tell you they aren't able to show or meet you at the property than run.
If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:49 PM

148 posts, read 377,033 times
A house on our street just put up a 'for rent' sign. I'm not sure how many bedrooms there are, but the elementary school is fairly good, and we're just down the road from Wesley Chapel.

The address is
1330 Pristine Pl,Lutz, FL 33549

I'll look at the sign tomorrow and see what contact information they have.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:19 AM

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay